Bunpro Audio - January 26, 2021 Update!

We are currently not redoing N4 and N5 until we finish all the newer content. As for the new audio not playing, I am not sure what the problem is there

Hey guys, just giving you a heads up that we are still busy recording (currently have about 50 grammar points that I am going through), but because the naming takes a buttload of time there has been a short delay due to me getting home from work most days at midnight and just not having the energy to name the files… lazy on my part but I am doing bits and pieces where I can!

In saying that, if anyone wants to volunteer to name files, be my guest. I use a batch naming program to name the albums/ track numbers etc, naming the individual sentence text is the only thing that takes time.

4 Likes

@s1212z and @Kappa420, @hali_g was able to figure out why some of the audio was not working so that I could implement a fix. Let me know if you still come across some review questions that do not have audio, even though they have audio associated with them in Example Sentences. Cheers!

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in the audio guys. I have cut back my schedule for August (thanks to a government stimulus package that will allow me to work a bit less for a while). So my partner and I are aiming to complete everything then. I will have 4 days off per week to work on it. Woo!

6 Likes

Hi Asher, I want to thank you and your partner very much for the audio! Without it I have doubts that I would have subscribed to BunPro.

Whenever I start a new grammar point I read each example sentence out loud, quickly check the English translation, then turn it off to listen to the audio and repeat it back following the example. During reviews, after I type in the grammar point I play back the sentences while reading along. Actually hearing the spoken language is excellent for listening practice and reinforcing the grammar points.

努力してくれてありがとうございます!

4 Likes

Update! - August 6, 2020

@Asher and Haruna have recorded, edited, and uploaded over 360 new sentences from 〜ようとする to で言うと. These sentences are now available on Bunpro and for download on Google Drive.

Thanks again to Asher and Haruna for all of their hard work.

Cheers!

13 Likes

I am so happy that the audio is being updated. I can’t wait until the N4/N5 audio is updated. The other audio was so much harder to understand.

1 Like

@Asher Audio on this sentence is missing the に after あまり

Cant wait for n5 and n4 updated voice, because as a beginner I feel like current recordings are waaaaay too fast, it even beats anime level of fast speaking. Cant focus on grammat point when im even struggling to hear each individual words. When i checked some grammar point from N3 it’s 10 times better.

3 Likes

Update! - September 1, 2020

@Asher and Haruna have recorded, edited, and uploaded over 1400 new sentences from N3’s 第一 to N2’s 確かに.

This means that all of the audio for N3 is complete. We have uploaded the last batch of N3 to Bunpro and you can download the files from Google Drive.

The first batch of N2 audio will be made available on Bunpro later tonight. However, you can download it now from Google Drive.

Edit: The N2 audio files are now also available on Bunpro.

Thanks again to Asher and Haruna for all of their hard work.

Cheers!

17 Likes

@Asher and Haruna, once again : Thank you so much for doing these! Can’t believe the two of you have already finished the entirety of N3!

4 Likes

Happy to help! I use them myself with the ambience app playing on my phone at the same time. Most phones can do it simultaneously. It adds an extra layer of difficulty depending on what kind of ambience you choose. Cafe, heavy rain, thunder, etc etc.

16 Likes

Asher and Haruna, thank you both of you.

5 Likes

@Asher I literally shouted with joy when my reviews started playing the new audio this morning. Thank you so much! Using an ambiance app is a great idea. :smile:

6 Likes

Update! - October 28, 2020

@Asher and Haruna have recorded, edited, and uploaded over 1100 new N2 sentences from てこそ to と考えられる.

These sentences are now available on Bunpro and you can download them from Google Drive.

Thanks again to Asher and Haruna for all of their hard work!

Additional Announcement

We have added N3 to rōmaji search. The ability to search for N2 and N1 material via
rōmaji will be made available in the next few days.

We have also added a number of “keywords” that you can use to search for specific terms associated with grammar points.

Searchable Keywords

Formal or 硬

Particle

Demonstrative

Colloquial

Polite

Casual

Masculine

Feminine

Conditional

Hypothetical

Counters

Emphasis

If you have some suggestions for keywords to add to Bunpro, please let us know!

Cheers!

15 Likes

I didn’t see a new update notification but I wanted @Asher and Haruna to know it has not gone un-noticed. Thank you for the new audio! It really makes such a difference. Often when I’m having trouble understanding a new grammar point as soon as I hear the audio it clicks. Really helps cement everything in my brain.

8 Likes

Happy to help mate. All of N2 is finished now! We are planning on going back and doing N4 before N1, seeing as though there are lots more users on that level currently.

8 Likes

As totally unbiased person that did not accidentally happen to be in the middle of N4, I can reassure you this is the best, and the most logical, course of actions. :hugs:

4 Likes

Update! - January 26, 2021

@Asher and @Aecharjay I apologize for the late announcement. Some of the audio files were assigned to the incorrect sentences and needed to be fixed.

@Asher and Haruna have recorded, edited, and uploaded nearly 1000 new N2 sentences from かねる to たった(の). As @Asher said, this means that all of N2 now has audio files.

@Asher has also made these audio recordings available for download from Google Drive.

Thanks again to Asher and Haruna for all of their hard work!

13 Likes