Bunpro Mobile App - Major Update

@JandroSantiago @apaul
The app is in review :slight_smile: Should be available soon.

Edit: New version is available in the play store.

2 Likes

Yay! in app review forecast! so happy haha

1 Like

Does this possibly mean an offline mode might be coming sometime? :flushed:

I’m moving out to an incredibly rural part of the country in a month and won’t have internet access for a week or two… and the nearest town is an hour away… I would be over the moon if an offline mode came before then. But I shall wait patiently…

4 Likes

While I think that feature was mentioned, I doubt it’s going to be ready within a month, but I might be wrong.

2 Likes

Hi, I activated vacation mode but the reviews keep piling up on the mobile app. The web version shows correctly: 0

iPhone XR
iOS version 16.1
App version 0.3.2+35

Feel free to ask for more details or further testing. I’m a software developer, so we can get more technical if needed.

I tried using the Report a bugbutton in the app but I got this message: Your device likely does not have an email application installed
I have Spark set as the default email client in my phone. So maybe there’s another bug here.

Thank you!

2 Likes

No scroll bars on the android mobile app. Is this as intended? As a user, id like to have an idea how many more grammar points to scroll thru, while im swiping up/down the screen to scroll.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Same issue. Did you ever figure it out?

2 Likes

@UshiMo
Hey!

Which version of the app are you using?

Unfortunately not. It still persists.

1 Like

I second this. Offline mode is a dream feature :relaxed:

5 Likes

Hey!
The scroll bars will appear in the next update! :partying_face:

Cheers

3 Likes

The app always says that I have 1 review available. This is even after just finishing my reviews in a browser or in the app via the web view. Afterwards, if I try to load this 1 review from the web view in the app, it gets stuck on the “Loading reviews!” screen forever.

Interestingly, the native review always has 1 review available—it is always the same grammar item and stays there (without increasing in SRS level and without granting EXP) when I complete it via native review.

One other thing keeps me from using the native review (instead of the web view). The input keyboard doesn’t match the app’s site theme (i.e., dark mode), so I find it less comfortable to use at night.

Pic: The immortal review, theme mismatch

On v.0.3.2+35
Really loving the app and all of the updates lately :heart:

1 Like

@meery
I think that we might have fixed the 1 review bug in the upcoming verison of the app. Just in case you can try doing reviews and sending us a report using the app.

Cheers!

1 Like

@mrnoone Will do, thank you!

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but the line graph is off by a day in the app. It’s been like this for me since I first got the update

(also, the second screenshot is also a minor :muscle: as I had a ton of reviews to catch up yesterday and today after missing a few days after Thanksgiving :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

Did some update just happen? I swear the app looked just like an online version of Bunpro. But today I opened it and it was totally different. Looked more lean.

2 Likes

is there a way to use Native review in the form of flashcards? I use bunpro to study vocabulary too, and sometimes the answers are strange, which ends up confusing me when using Native review

1 Like

@lucasfraga95
Hey Lucas, could you give an example?
Cheers

1 Like

Really appreciate the improvements in the new iOS version!

A couple of new notes/suggestions:

• “Report a bug” button still doesn’t work on iOS. I imagine it tries to open the email app, but I see the error saying “Your device likely doesn’t have an email app installed”. I use Gmail (separate app from the native iOS one), however. This is not the first time I see such issues on iOS, though, and I blame Apple. Knowing that it would be good to have an in-app form, however, similar to how we can leave grammar feedback?
  • My number of reviews on the app’s dashboard doesn’t synchronize with reviews on web - even though I was doing the reviews through the app (not native). Trying to refresh the page by pulling down - the “reloading” icon shows up only while my finger is on the screen, and the reloading itself isn’t actually happening. Closing and reopening the app doesn’t help either. I had to log out and log back in to get it back in sync.
  • WaniKani furigana sync used to work for some time, but today during a review session I suddenly started seeing furigana above almost every word. When I checked in Settings, I noticed it got reset to “f” again like it did in previous versions.
2 Likes