年間まとめ - Bunpro Year in Review

I think this comparison should be added in the next year’s まとめ :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Because it was my first thought too, like it’s quite a small number. Looks like it doesn’t count reading grammar explanations and listening to example sentences, it takes a lot of time for me.

5 Likes

The reviews are 100% grammar based. That being said, it does take into consideration ghost reviews, missed reviews, and user study questions. Next year we will work in vocab data because by then we will have moved it out of beta and added a bunch of features and content to it.

@John This doesn’t take into consideration vocab or cram time, but next year it will!

@HotAirGun The hours studied data is a really rough estimate. Back in September we added in more session data points that let us track review session data (but not study time data). From that data we were able to roughly estimate your average time per review.

For new grammar, we don’t yet track individual data points so we did a global average analysis and came to an average of ~6 mins spent on each new grammar point (to read the writeup, example sentences and look at external resources).

That average might be off for users who add them quickly or spend lots of time on each grammar point. This is definitely a metric we plan on tracking better for 2023.

If you take more time individually to study each grammar point point, you can probably bump your total hours studied up and it would more accurately reflect your total hours.

9 Likes

I was really happy to join BunPro this year, really good timing because it seems to be taking off and developing the features I need at the perfect time!

Really like the look of the annual summary too!
The only thing is I don’t have the badges to match this number of ghosts slain, so not sure what the real number of ghosts slain is :thinking: but actually don’t have the cram badges to match either :thinking:

10 Likes

Thanks for the year review feature! Gonna try and rack those study hours up even more for 2023. Good luck everyone with your studies in the new year!

10 Likes

70 hours in 110 days - feeling pretty good about that! Here’s to another productive year of learning Japanese!

みんなさん!がんばろう!

9 Likes

Happy new year everyone!

Been taking a break on new grammar points since the december JLPT, but going to start taking on the N1 points soon.
I’m really glad I found Bunpro early on my Japanese studying, I feel like it is a very big reason I have come so far, together with Wanikani. Thanks for all the work you’re putting in it, especially the written explanations have been very useful.

11 Likes

Haven’t been here for too long. Looking forward to next year!

If I had 1 yen for every review? Well, I don’t believe I could buy that much! Maybe some used manga or some food from the convenience store?

10 Likes

Highest reviews so far.

15 Likes

2022 was a fun year. I feel like I was using more my knowledge rather than learning new stuff.

This year has been really interesting on Bunpro. It feels like it has grown / evolved quite a lot.
Thank you everyone!

8 Likes

Looking at the number of days studied I’ve been more consistent than I thought. Also burned mastered a lot of grammar structures :D

Bonus: Bunpro throwing unknown English vocab at me xD

(Btw, I’m in love with the design, I think it’s very well done :bunprogold: :clap: )

11 Likes

よく頑張った。嬉しい。
(Also for 29528 Yen I would gift someone a few free months of Bunpro to share the love)

11 Likes

これはとても大好き!なんて綺麗なデーザインですね!本当によくやりました!

I love this so, so much. Of course, because I always like to see my progress in numbers, but also because it has such a pretty design. Really, well done Bunpro Team!

I only started Bunpro at the end of July and still managed to study more than 77 hours (and that’s just on Bunpro!), and finish both the grammar and vocabulary decks for N5 and N4. Onward to N3! (Or really back on track to N3, since I decided when I started to start from the beginning and review everything.)

良いお年を皆!

8 Likes

:skull_and_crossbones:

14 Likes

Very proud of this :)) おめでとう、みんなさん!!

12 Likes

Honestly not bad considering I only started around August of this year lol. Bunpro really carried my N3 studying for JLPT, and I’m excited to keep using it next year to reach better proficiency :smiley:

8 Likes

I kinda feel like ALL of N4 is more noteworthy than a singular N2 grammar point XD
Nice review though :slight_smile: I didn’t focus much on Bunpro this year, mostly just doing old reviews, so it’s kinda nice and surprising to see to how many reviews all those little ones here and there added up :slight_smile:
良いお年を!

8 Likes

This is more than 100 a day every single day of the year. Wow… Just wow. :flushed: Your motivation must be God tier!

4 Likes

I’m kind of annoyed I messed up my streak two times now, both being around the XMas period :sob:
but I’ll be proud of the progress I’ve made regardless

9 Likes

I don’t know why but statistics are always so much fun! I guess it’s hard to appreciate the progress I make on a daily basis, only in review does it stand out. I like the N level progress graphic the most!

Getting so close to endgame now

9 Likes

皆さん、良いお年を!

7 Likes