Feedback - Bug Reports

All patched. Thanks for pointing it out.

Bug report:

The following example sentences lack the <strong> tag (yellow text) to highlight the grammar point.

Grammar ID Example sentence ID
87 2162
115 2454 and 2455
181 3205
222 4033
426 2120
507 3662
1 Like

Fixed! Thank you!

Just so you know, that was an exhaustive list. I went through all the available example sentences.

2 Likes

Bug report:

Example sentence 1241 of grammar item 403 is missing a kana when it’s being reviewed.

1 Like

Grammar duplicate:
ばよかった - N3: Lesson 2: 2/17
is the same grammar as
N4 Lesson 8: 1/15

The N3 grammar is a bit crippled though cause it only has 3 example sentences. So I get the same review sentences again and again.

I report this duplicate every time I get the review but nothing changes. Is there a reason why you don’t remove the N3 grammar point or join it into the N4 grammar point?

2 Likes

Bug report:

This example sentence (doesn’t appear on grammar point’s page, so I can’t get you the ID) of grammar point 431 does not have ruby tags for all kanji (can’t show furigana).

As you see below some kanji are in plain text

edit: Saw the same thing on grammar point 348. Forgot to take a screenshot, so I can’t say which sentence it it, but it’s not one of the example sentences on the grammar point’s page. This was a ghost review, if that matters, the previous one was not.

Some of the words look buggy in the “Study” area, as shown in the screenshot.

1 Like

Not sure if this is the same.

See bottom left:

1 Like

FYI if you build your tables using Discourse’s syntax instead of the HTML tags, they’ll magically make it work better on small screens. With wider tables, the HTML version can get cut off on phones.

For example:

Col1 Col2
A B
C D
1 Like

Huh, I didn’t even know that was a thing

Bug report:

Example sentence 1074 of grammar point 351 is missing the period when being reviewed. Just to be clear, the example sentence is fine, but the sentence being reviewed is missing the period. Do you have some internal terminology for what to call the version of the example sentence that you review?

1 Like

Bug report:

Grammar item 387 has very inconsistent highlighting of the grammar point in example sentences.

1 Like

Thank you for reminding us. Unfortunately it isn’t as simple as just deleting a duplicate or just merging the two. But we will be taking care of it in the near future!

@haomaru87 @Kumi All fixed. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

@kumi We will take a look at those grammar points. Thanks!

Grammar point 28 is missing the word in brackets when reviewing. Since 大切 is not part of the grammar I think you should put it in brackets.

In the meantime, you can remove the duplicate grammar from your own reviews if you want.

1 Like

Middle click / ctrl click to open in new tab is broken in multiple locations.

Often I want to open one or more grammar points in new tabs, but often the link is opened in the current page, making that impossible.

1 Like

There’s some overlap between the hint and the “alternative grammar” text.

Grammar error: している is correct, not すている!

1 Like

Fixed! Thank you very much!