Feedback - Bug Reports

Yes! That makes complete sense. What I often do is search for a grammar point, click it, then click the back button to go back to the search bar to do a new search. I can reproduce it exactly the way you describe.

1 Like

@Melanthe, @s1212z, and @rx7 Thank you for your reports and for helping us reproduce this bug. We think that we know what is causing the duplicated search and how to fix it. We hope to have a fix ready soon. Cheers!

@oOMayOo I apologize for the inconvenience. I have manually unlocked the Fuji x10 badge. We will look into why it was not automatically updating at the correct XP. Cheers!

6 Likes

Thanks @Pushindawood :+1:

This is reproducible for me too.

I just noticed that all future searches for any new grammar will create duplicates too once you get the bug unless I close the tab and start a new BP session.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!! :blush:

1 Like

Will Bunpro be updated to support WaniKani v2 API prior to the September 1st 2020 sunset?

Yes!

1 Like

Awesome! Happy its still on the radar since that thread is a bit old :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 Likes

This didn’t unlock for me either. It’s supposed to be at 123,900 right?
(Edit: Ah, it looks like you guys are manually unlocking it for others as well.)

When I try to scroll a page in the Examples section by arrow keys after I have played an audio, the ↑ key works as expected, but the ↓ key reduces volume in the last played audio and doesn’t scroll down the page. Seems like a bug to me.

Small pedantic mistake, I highly suspect this is meant to say めぐみん (Megumin).

Today when I tried to do reviews, no text is being rendered on the page. I sometimes get the orange hints on the bottom but the main text is completely missing. I tried using Safari and Edge (Chromium version) both on my macOS laptop and got the same results. Refreshing the page doesn’t help. I tried changing the theme and that also didn’t help.

https://bunpro.jp/study

EDIT:
Switching to wanikani API v2 keys fixed the problem for me, as someone suggested in another thread.

2 Likes

I cannot update my WaniKani API key to V2. Whenever I input it, and the field asks to “click ‘save’ below to confirm”. Upon hitting save the page goes completely white, and doesn’t do anything anymore. When I go back to my bunpro settings afterwards, my old V1 key is still in the field.

Hey @mathijsdm! Are you on a desktop? If so could you please PM me with a screen shot of the white page with your inspect console open? That should help me pin point the problem!

2 Likes

Tried to do it again to take the screenshot, this time it went through successfully. No idea what caused the error, but all’s well that ends well :slight_smile:

Anyway, thank you very much for the prompt response @Jake!

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure what’s happening, but I seem to not be able to get through the log-in screen while my scripts are running today. I put in my log-in info and hit the button and it transfers to a blank white screen. This happened a few times, so I checked the inspect console and noticed it said that my scripts were “not defined”. I temporarily disabled them and was able to log in just fine. I then re-enabled them and reloaded the home/profile page and it also worked just fine. I assume it’s an issue with the log-in page + scripts specifically. I thought I’d mention it because I’ve never had it happen before today.

Also seems to happen on the log-out screen…

1 Like

I’m finding it nearly impossible to do reviews. Every time I click on ‘reviews’ it takes minutes to attempt to load and then gives me an application error-this page does not exist.

The site is usually slow, but it’s been getting worse the last few days.

I’m having a similar problem with multiple subpages of Bunpro right now. Sometimes loading works fine, but most of the time it says the page doesn’t exist.

Have you clicked that word specifically to show your furigana? I think by clicking it you toggle it on for that word (override).

I also believe its per each individual Kanji and not the word as a whole. Are you over level 5 for each Kanji? If you were over level 5 for one Kanji and not the other I believe it would still show furigana for the word.

I don’t think so? Maybe @Pushindawood can answer (or correct me) The only way you can see is if you go into developer tools every time you click a Kanji there is an API call that either adds or removes the known Kanji.