Feedback - Bug Reports

You are typing あ instead of お :wink:

2 Likes

Arg! My eyes!!!
Sorry… :laughing:
(In my soul I knew it was me and not Bunpro… :wink:)

2 Likes

I don’t know if this has been mentioned already, but since the new interface update, the Learn tab at the top of the page says 3 (the batch size I set), even though I’ve completed all grammar points. It used to show 0 before the update.

Bumping this. I’m blocked from learning new vocab due to this loading bug, whether using the beta or the regular version.

• Tried on Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
  • Tried marking the vocab as “I know it!”, but this results in the next 3 vocab not loading.
  • Does not seem to affect the grammar decks
  • Using the beta forces me to the “Good job screen” but won’t let me advance. Using the old version, I get stuck with “Loading…” and a react error:
Uncaught TypeError: study_question is undefined 
questionSetupForReviewType application-11eed7e9383ac6a7f64e7cc0baca42f9cc1670e1cce747ae1d6bc749c16395e0.js:37597 populateQuestion application-11eed7e9383ac6a7f64e7cc0baca42f9cc1670e1cce747ae1d6bc749c16395e0.js:37676 
<anonymous> application-11eed7e9383ac6a7f64e7cc0baca42f9cc1670e1cce747ae1d6bc749c16395e0.js:36888 
fire application-11eed7e9383ac6a7f64e7cc0baca42f9cc1670e1cce747ae1d6bc749c16395e0.js:3232 
fireWith application-11eed7e9383ac6a7f64e7cc0baca42f9cc1670e1cce747ae1d6bc749c16395e0.js:3362 
done application-11eed7e9383ac6a7f64e7cc0baca42f9cc1670e1cce747ae1d6bc749c16395e0.js:9836 
callback application-11eed7e9383ac6a7f64e7cc0baca42f9cc1670e1cce747ae1d6bc749c16395e0.js:10302 

@Adam Sorry for the delay in figuring out what was causing this. It took a while to figure out the issue but I believe it should be patched now.

Please let me know if it is working for you now or not.

1 Like

@Jake The issue still is present for me. Tried logging out / logging in and clearing browser cache. As I mentioned in this other thread on this bug, this seems to only impact a few specific vocab words while others are fine and don’t cause any issues.

1 Like

It seems my reviews have essentially stopped with the latest iOS app update. When I first updated, it had put me on “vacation mode”, so I had to turn it off and now it only has one item forecasted for review:

It appears to apply online now too, like the update set everything but one item to “known” secretly.

I am using safari on an iPad. No beta testing for me…

When i click on a grammar point in the content>grammar page, two identical tabs open displaying the grammar point.

— Dave

It’s still showing 3.

This is probably another thing which is a problem with me rather than Bunpro…! But I’m confused by it -

This grammar point is described as a use of ないで for casual requests and is contrasted with its use for “without”. However, the description and examples all seem to be about the “without” use case: Verb[ないで] - Japanese Grammar Explained | Bunpro
This is also reflected in the review points (prompted as being casual requests, but actually uses of “without”), e.g.:

2 Likes

I just did new grammar from Kansai deck in the Review 2.0 beta and it seems like grammar points without example sentences bug out the 2.0 completely:

This relates to things like this:
あかん、いかん - Japanese Grammar Explained | Bunpro
あたい - Japanese Grammar Explained | Bunpro
あほ - Japanese Grammar Explained | Bunpro

I was able to quiz them in the old version of Review. Seems like the new one can’t handle vocabulary yet.

I have furigana on. But sometimes it shows furigana, sometimes it doesn’t. I have my wanikani key set, and I don’t know it that could be causing that problem. I always want furigana because it is better for me. Should I remove the key and see it that fixes the problem?

1 Like

I have furigana on hover too. Is that causing the problem?

1 Like

There is a spelling error on the とが grammar page. I’ll let you find it, but think Dan Quayle

— Dave

I don’t know if it counts as a bug, but the bar that includes reviews etc prevents me from clicking the button that lets me wrap up session, since the Bunpro home logo is covering it.

1 Like

That is likely due to using the old “Classic” theme that is no longer supported. We highly recommend changing to the “Light” or “Dark” Site Theme here: https://bunpro.jp/settings/styling

1 Like

Small bug on the quizzes’ “Good job! … Summary / Continue?” screen:
Number of reviews consistently shows as -1, but the real value is … um, a lot larger … :sweat_smile:

Is this happening outside of when you’re doing Learn? Like, normal reviews or Cram?

I noticed something slightly similar but with a positive 1 instead of negative, but needed to see if it was potentially just me it was happening too. :face_with_monocle:

I’ve just started having a look for you and it seems I also get a positive 1 when doing a vocab review of an item just learnt a few minutes ago, with the number dropping down when, um, getting it wrong :sweat_smile:

I haven’t tested the other scenarios for you yet, but will post back if anything crops up.

1 Like

I’ll pretend I never saw this, don’t worry :wink:

All super helpful information for sure, thanks for passing it and any other information along! Helps to speed up identifying causes for bugs by a lot.

1 Like