Feedback - Bug Reports

That is the space of the Furigana, although it’s disabled, the space remains.

3 Likes

Getting more performance slow down leading to errors. In this case, error message trying to load Reviews:

Retrieval Error

There was a problem getting your study questions. Please reload the page to try again.

If the problem persists, please contact us.

1 Like

Still have errors on your end or have things sorted themselves out?

1 Like

@SnowTale934

Fixed! Thanks ya’ll for the heads up

2 Likes

Ah, ok then, thanks! I completely forgot that Furigana is a thing :sweat_smile:

Ok, I think here I now really have something: It appears like the vacation mode that I activated for the time I didn’t have an active subscription messed my items a bit up :sweat_smile:

This is how the reviews for all my Beginner 3 items are timed:

grafik

Here for Beginner 4:

grafik

For my other SRS stages, it’s similar: For all the Adept items, my next review is in over 20 days (which shouldn’t be possible), and for Seasoned 1, the next reviews of my items are all in more than 20 days, although the highest one should be 14 days? :sweat_smile: For Seasoned 2, I can’t really say anything, but since they’re all in one month, I guess that one is ok…

It is typically intermittent. Like the analogy I made earlier, with running low on memory just prior to hitting the threshold before hard-drive thrashing: I’m basically just reporting moments of ‘lag’ or ‘freezing’ – like, imagine playing a game and seeing it lag or freeze temporarily, but this foreshadowing the possibility that the game will soon crash.

Hopefully, with more reporting of such ‘lagging’, you guys might have a higher chance of spotting some sort of correlation with performance issues and/or future site outages.

My hunch is that there’s some deeper underlying problem that is ‘underneath the water’, and these slow-downs and outages are just the ‘tip of the iceberg’ symptoms.

Android Mobile, all the badges are normal,(besides them all showing what used to be hidden text until you got closer), except the cram and self study badges. They’re intermingled

Setting a vocab manually to master while in lesson decreases the current amount in the lesson by two.

So if you have 10 words in the queue and mark one as mastered, the queue is now 8 because the word that comes after also disappears from the queue.

If you start a new lesson the word that disappeared before is there again, so at least it doesn’t get marked wrong.

1 Like

The issue seems to be non-reproducible now.
For a week, I’ve been editing Notes during review, and the bug hasn’t occurred. I’m still not sure about the cause, but nice that it’s resolved :slight_smile:
Thank you for the support!

1 Like

The side buttons “Add to review” and “Mark as mastered” do not work for me.
If I press the review button, it says “failed!”, but it takes it into account if I reload the page.
If I press the master button, it says “failed” and upon reload says that I have added to reviews.

Issue on Firefox and MacOS Safari.

1 Like

I might have found out another interesting info about this: It appears like all my reviews got delayed by exactly the time span I had vacation mode enabled at. So, since I had vacation mode for 20 days, this means that after I deactivated it, all my reviews got scheduled 20 days later than they should’ve been…

1 Like

Like others, having problems turning vacation mode off. I just want to do a few reviews then turn it back on again :sweat_smile:

When I use the slider to turn it off, the text still says that vacation mode is on and it’s impossible to do any reviews:

EDIT: A solution seems to be accessing reviews directly by entering the URL immediately after clicking the slider, instead of going via the dashboard :+1:

EDIT 2: Can’t get that to work even and vacation mode seems impossible to turn off right now. (I did later manage it somehow!)

2 Likes

Just got this error message/page after doing a Vocab search for ‘よかれあしかれ’ (url: https://bunpro.jp/vocabs?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=%E3%82%88%E3%81%8B%E3%82%8C%E3%81%82%E3%81%97%E3%81%8B%E3%82%8C&commit=Search):

There was a long(ish) delay and then finally this error page.

Just now I tried it again (same url) and the search returned just fine, as expected. So, it was one-off, but it happened.

2 Likes

I’ve actually had this page show up 3 times now. A refresh will eventually make it go away, but there’s definitely something up with the site. Hopefully the BunPro team can figure it out, if they haven’t already.

2 Likes

Going to be taking some time off of bug-fixes while we prepare to push a big update.

^Will get to all of these when things are back to normal!

If anything is urgent/account related, please send me a DM :bowing_man:

4 Likes

Now study streak is back to 1 because I guess vacation mode didn’t turn off correctly :frowning: If it’s possible to work out what my study streak really is, I would appreciate it. If not, I’ll make my best guess and try to put it back. Hoping vacation mode will turn back on this time when I try it now!

1 Like

You could try using your heatmap to count this manually. That is of course assuming you did an SRS review everyday instead of just cramming.

2 Likes

Cram counts towards streaks FYI~ :surfing_man:

Yip, but I dont think it would show on the heatmap if you were to say cram once and extend your streak, but not actually do a review.

2 Likes