Feedback - Bug Reports

Maybe it was working for me differently but that has changed. It could be a glitch that helped me do what I was doing until yesterday. But now by your way of doing it, I don’t have to set it to SRS 1 which kind of automatically BUNPRO does that. Either way thanks for explaining it.

2 Likes

You’re not imagining things!
I changed the system internally to skip items that are marked as Mastered, thinking people would wanna just skip them entirely.

Didn’t think of your use case.
Will re-discuss it with the team internally tomorrow

3 Likes

Seems like this lil’ mystery is starting to come together! I’ll get back to you tomorrow for sure if there’s any future changes to this whole area.

But yeah, either way to simplify your sequence all you’ll have to do is once you start your Learn session, just hit that right arrow and once you finish the quiz it’ll have those items as SRS 2. Should take away some of the busy work you were doing, sorry about that! I hope this saves you some time and helps you out in the end~ Feel free to throw me a direct message any time if you have any more feedback or input on any of this, always happy to hear from new (and old!) users.

1 Like

Have decks been removed from the main navbar? Couldn’t find a way to Decks - Japanese Grammar Explained | Bunpro

1 Like

There’s an issue with the app on Android. The app displays the wrong number of Ghost Reviews. It’s a serious functionality issue too because the app actually has more pending reviews than the website.

I’ve tried clearing local app storage, reinstalling the app, hard resetting my phone, and resetting data inside the app, all with no luck. I sent a feedback report via email with logs as well.

Getting a problem in reviews where the answer is shown directly below the vocab word, and I can only use kana as an input, so it always marks as incorrect. Only happens so far on vocab reviews, and not all of them

1 Like

Thank you very much for the fast reply!
I believe the issue is a little bit different, and looks like I was just able to reproduce it.
The steps are next:

1. I already have a Note in my grammar point.
  2. I’m starting the review
  3. I’m answering the question and go to details (F)
  4. I’m clicking on edit Note and saving it.
  5. The note is deleted
    I can see in the console
Request URL: https://bunpro.jp/api/frontend/notes/73725
Request Method:DELETE

Expected behavior: Note is updated

Also this issue happens only if I click edit note first time on the Details page during review. If after that I’m adding the note again and click edit-save - no issues.

2 Likes

Are you still in the Bunpro Beta?
You can opt in here

Damn I haven’t seen this bug in aaaages.
It was originally caused by our switch/addition of Fill-in questions to Vocab.
Basically the system thinks you want to do a Fill-in question, but is given Translate data.

I’ve gone into your account and fixed the un-submittable questions manually (I think I got all of them).

If you see any more of these questions on your account, you can simply change the Question Type in the Review Type menu to something else, then change it back.

That can be done here:

4 Likes

Thanks very much, I’ll keep an eye out for any more

1 Like

Hi there,
not really a bug, but I lost my (rather long) streak a few days ago, even if I remember clearly to have done one grammar review on my phone. Maybe there was some problem with my internet connection or I closed the app without finalizing my reviews?

Sorry to beg, but I would be superstoked to get my streak back!

Scroll down to the bottom of the reset page and put whatever you want

Reset page

2 Likes

Looks like things are back to normal on the audio playback.

1 Like

Just a bit of a reply again with this – we’re currently busy with a bunch of other stuff in the pipeline, but I have bumped the priority of sorting this out in an internal ticket.

We’ll get it to a point where you can set the SRS-level directly through Learn eventually.
When we do implement it, it’ll be much smoother than the hack-ish one that you were forced to do before.

What I’ll do in the interim though, is set it up so that it will factor in mid-lesson external Review-addition, i.e:

1. Mid-Learn, use the “Open in a new tab” button on a Vocab/Grammar
  2. Use the Add to Reviews button, and manually set the SRS level (like you used to)
  3. When you go back to the Learn page, that item will automatically remove itself, so you won’t have to do that item in the Quiz step anymore

^I’ll publish the update that allows this new flow to the website early next week.

3 Likes

Yep, looks good :grin:

1 Like

Hello there,

I might have found a little bug :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For some reason, I can’t use Yomitan in the Reading Practice pages, although It works fine in any other place, including Bunpro reviews and grammar points.

The text selection appears, but the popup doesn’t. Here is a print on a grammar point:

2 Likes

Today I’ve been experiencing more connection failures / failed submissions, as well as site slowdown, such as the review summary page loading and dashboard loading. I also noticed slow loading of the Decks page. I just got one of these error pages:

The page you were looking for doesn’t exist. [Etc.]

This was from clicking on the Decks navigation from the dashboard. (Loading Decks in a fresh new tab, from same link/nav, did not have an error.)

Feeling unstable-ish again, although not as bad as the most recent time I reported on this a few days ago. I’ll continue to report situations like this, when they occur more frequently than usual.

I’m getting the vibe that this is one of those progressive problems that slowly builds up until a crisis point like the recent outage a while back. It reminds me of running low on memory and getting close to the limit on virtual memory. Like, you notice slow down and problems, more and more, until suddenly you tip past a threshold and you get memory/harddrive thrashing and everything grinds to a halt.

Maybe something to do with back-end database, as people use the site, build up of records, something like that? Leading to a bottleneck on site responsiveness, and effectively ‘thrashing’ on some particular day where just a slightly higher number of people using the site tips it over the edge?

Anyway, that’s the vibe I’m getting.

2 Likes

Just wanted to confirm that I’ve also been experiencing both the bug where the correct answer is marked wrong, and inputting it again marks it correct (for a different grammar point, but the same bug as shown in @Madurigaru post above), as well as the random site errors when trying to access a deck (as reported by @wct).

3 Likes

Not sure everybody is concerned, but I can’t access the community / forum pages from the dashboard. It immediately leads to a blank page, without loading time.

I’m using the webapp (when you “install it” from chrome to your phone’s home screen.)

Edit : 12h later, it’s back to normal.

1 Like