Feedback - Bug Reports

Another bug in the N5 vocab deck. There’s a lot of them actually, but sadly I didn’t write them down. I will probably post again.

I just realized putting “to stand up” into my synonyms doesn’t work either. I encountered this issue for another word too:

typing in “to wear” generates an error. Generally the words in brackets are huge hit or miss when it comes to counting for the answer. Sometimes you have to type them in too, sometimes you don’t. I think the vocab decks need to be taken another look at, because it’s too inconsistent and also straight away bugged when it comes to synonyms.

Well, i managed to break my profile again. It happened in the exact same way as before: 0 reviews remaining, i went to content → grammar, selected a few grammar points, pressed ‘add to reviews’ and i saw -3 reviews. I can do my reviews if any are available, but once finished it keeps saying i have 1 review left, which isnt true and thus wont load. Trying to open my profile leads to a ’ あらま! INTERNAL ERROR: (。┰ω┰。)’

This is what happens wen i try to add a review:

Feel free to share as many details about this as you want - phone, OS version, browser, etc. I pretty much use my phone to post on the forums 90% of the time and haven’t really noticed anything too odd lately so hopefully we’re able to pinpoint exactly what’s causing the hangups for you.

Thank you!
It’s a Oppo A94 phone (got it in October so still new), with Android 12 and the browser I use is Ecosia (so Chromium based), updated to the last available version (4.4.1)
I don’t have much else running in the background so I don’t think it is a phone performance issue. I was also using Ecosia on my last phone and remember having no problems in navigating the forum.

Another one regarding vocab decks, N5.

Answers are not displayed.

There’s also an issue with synonyms not working when learning new words (during the first quizz that puts them into reviews). The following are screens of when I put the synonyms during the quiz (after getting the first answer wrong).

I put a random synonym before the quiz just to test something and it worked, so it’s a matter of not updating the database during the quiz or something.

This is a really small thing, but I’ve noticed the furigana sometimes overlaps the polite/casual text at the top of the review box.

1 Like

Whenever I try to see what the kanji means the “Show English” button is broken. Not only on these kanji but seems like all of them have this problem.

2 Likes

I came here to mention a problem with the Show English option on vocab as well, except my problem is that once I click it, all future cards in the session have the English displayed automatically.

1 Like

There is a glitch with the dashboard. I have every item on the website in my review queue, but it always shows that I have one new N1 grammar point to learn.

が見られる lesson format is broken (missing a </span>)

Hi all! It looks like the Wanikani/Furigani interaction is not functioning on the Desktop version of the BunPro website. All kanji are showing Furigana for me, despite some of them being as far as Burned in Wanikani.

I’ve tried renewing my API key, switching the Furigana setting to off and back to Wanikani, and I’ve tried turning off/on the “hover” option for Furigana.

There shouldnt be any furigana for 全然 but it shows up in brackets beside it when i answer.

Fixed!

1 Like

I hate to bring it up again but just wanted to confirm if anyone is aware that my stats page hasn’t worked in over 2 months? thank youuuu

Hello, on the 上がる lesson this sentence does not differentiate between the intransitive and transitive verb.

Thank you for correcting it.

This sentence cannot be answered correctly since it expects a space after ごとく (which prompts the Hiragana/Katakana error).

It shows that a bug report has already been submitted for this sentence. But until this is fixed, is there any way to override an incorrect answer? I’d prefer not to remove the grammar point from my reviews entirely, but I can’t find any other way to clear this sentence from my queue.

3 Likes

It says the bug has already been reported, but this question is currently impossible to answer correctly since it expects parenthesis.

It also wants you to enter the kanji which is already written but that’s another problem.

2 Likes

@disconn3cted

They should be fixed now. Can you guys help me out confirm?

1 Like

It can be answered now, but only if you type くってやる

The くっ is redundant since the question only includes that part. As it is written, the answer should be てやる.

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right, that was a mistake from my part. :bowing_man:
I’ve fixed it now though!

1 Like