Feedback - Bug Reports

The six grammar points I was having issues with appear to be fixed and no longer getting stuck. My issues seems to be resolved now. Thank you so much to whoever fixed my account for me. :smiley:

1 Like

It works! Thanks a lot.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same thing in an N4 deck / grammar simply says “Loading.” I’ve tried opting-in and out of the beta to no avail. There was a react error in the console, but I’m not able to reproduce it.

cc: @veritas_nz

1 Like

Just wondering if the stats page is down?

I was hoping to check the number of ghosts I’ve slain, but then I remembered that I think that stat isn’t on there anyway :ghost: lol

Just to add to that, I now seem to have double the JLPT progress bars.
I was worried for a moment that 5 new levels of JLPT had been invented, up to JLPT -4, the most insanely difficult Japanese ever imagined!

EDIT: This one appears to be fixed, but the “Stats” page still isn’t loading.

Hi,
Just started the vocab deck (for fun), there is some N5 vocab deck issues in the pitch accent section (missing kana, …).

1 Like

Not sure if it’s a bug or intentional, but none of the example sentences for the N3 grammar point というと actually seem to use というと:

They seem to be the same example sentences from と言えば.
The “Details” seem to be the same too.

Not necessarily a problem because I understand these grammar points are similar, but it seems a little confusing, or looking at it another way, 2 grammar points for the effort of 1! :smiley:

Oh, but now I’ve checked and “といえば” seems to redirect to this grammar point?
But I’m sure I’ve already studied all of this before :sweat_smile:
Have grammar points been combined, perhaps?

1 Like

while going through my reviews the yellow hint stayed on screen (from a previous review)

2 Likes

Although my answer matches the correct one, I keep getting marked incorrect for this answer:

How do I get past this question? (And, ideally, have my stats reset for this grammar point! :crazy_face:)

You are typing あ instead of お :wink:

2 Likes

Arg! My eyes!!!
Sorry… :laughing:
(In my soul I knew it was me and not Bunpro… :wink:)

2 Likes

I don’t know if this has been mentioned already, but since the new interface update, the Learn tab at the top of the page says 3 (the batch size I set), even though I’ve completed all grammar points. It used to show 0 before the update.

Bumping this. I’m blocked from learning new vocab due to this loading bug, whether using the beta or the regular version.

• Tried on Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
  • Tried marking the vocab as “I know it!”, but this results in the next 3 vocab not loading.
  • Does not seem to affect the grammar decks
  • Using the beta forces me to the “Good job screen” but won’t let me advance. Using the old version, I get stuck with “Loading…” and a react error:
Uncaught TypeError: study_question is undefined 
questionSetupForReviewType application-11eed7e9383ac6a7f64e7cc0baca42f9cc1670e1cce747ae1d6bc749c16395e0.js:37597 populateQuestion application-11eed7e9383ac6a7f64e7cc0baca42f9cc1670e1cce747ae1d6bc749c16395e0.js:37676 
<anonymous> application-11eed7e9383ac6a7f64e7cc0baca42f9cc1670e1cce747ae1d6bc749c16395e0.js:36888 
fire application-11eed7e9383ac6a7f64e7cc0baca42f9cc1670e1cce747ae1d6bc749c16395e0.js:3232 
fireWith application-11eed7e9383ac6a7f64e7cc0baca42f9cc1670e1cce747ae1d6bc749c16395e0.js:3362 
done application-11eed7e9383ac6a7f64e7cc0baca42f9cc1670e1cce747ae1d6bc749c16395e0.js:9836 
callback application-11eed7e9383ac6a7f64e7cc0baca42f9cc1670e1cce747ae1d6bc749c16395e0.js:10302 

@Adam Sorry for the delay in figuring out what was causing this. It took a while to figure out the issue but I believe it should be patched now.

Please let me know if it is working for you now or not.

1 Like

@Jake The issue still is present for me. Tried logging out / logging in and clearing browser cache. As I mentioned in this other thread on this bug, this seems to only impact a few specific vocab words while others are fine and don’t cause any issues.

1 Like

It seems my reviews have essentially stopped with the latest iOS app update. When I first updated, it had put me on “vacation mode”, so I had to turn it off and now it only has one item forecasted for review:

It appears to apply online now too, like the update set everything but one item to “known” secretly.

I am using safari on an iPad. No beta testing for me…

When i click on a grammar point in the content>grammar page, two identical tabs open displaying the grammar point.

— Dave

It’s still showing 3.

This is probably another thing which is a problem with me rather than Bunpro…! But I’m confused by it -

This grammar point is described as a use of ないで for casual requests and is contrasted with its use for “without”. However, the description and examples all seem to be about the “without” use case: Verb[ないで] - Japanese Grammar Explained | Bunpro
This is also reflected in the review points (prompted as being casual requests, but actually uses of “without”), e.g.:

2 Likes

I just did new grammar from Kansai deck in the Review 2.0 beta and it seems like grammar points without example sentences bug out the 2.0 completely:

This relates to things like this:
あかん、いかん - Japanese Grammar Explained | Bunpro
あたい - Japanese Grammar Explained | Bunpro
あほ - Japanese Grammar Explained | Bunpro

I was able to quiz them in the old version of Review. Seems like the new one can’t handle vocabulary yet.