Feedback - Bug Reports

@madmalkav Thank you for letting us know! We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have a fix available to you soon. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@Anthropos888 Thank you for your feedback. Right now we are going through and adding individual grammar topics on the community for each grammar point on Bunpro. We hope to have more discussion links available to you soon! Cheers!

I like to use BunPro with Light Mode turned on.

The recent change to the colour of the user-entered text to bright yellow is quite disturbing - bright yellow text on a white background is rather painful to read.

The new “structure legend” button doesn’t open a new tab during reviews. When clicking it and going back by browser back button, the review page elements are all messed up, a different sentence is shown and the the summary page shows the wrong grammar points.

I highly recommend to open the structure legend in a new tab!

Input Refocus function doesn’t work anymore since the new update

The font size of the example sentences is still ridiculously huge

And when I reduce the general font size to 12px, everything is way too tiny on mobily but the example sentences are still gigantic!

The structure legend button is located directly under the structure text and can hardly be clicked

@madmalkav and @nitzi Arrow keys should now be working! Please let us know if you continue to experience this bug.

@seanblue Ctrl and shift usage should no longer be hindered.

@veryslowlearner Could you give us a little more information about this issue? I was able to create a note for a grammar point via the reviews page. I do plan on taking a look at notes during reviews again in the near future as there are one or two improvements I would like to make. Hopefully we can pin down this bug before then.

@seanblue I looked into the issue with iOS scrolling and it is something that will have to be overwritten to stop from happening as iOS automatically scrolls the input into the center of the visible field. Would you like us to scroll up to offset the autoscroll?

@Anthropos888 The community discussions link has been added to the grammar point info during reviews. Structure Legend now opens a new tab and I gave it some breathing room under the structure. The input refocus should be back working. I believe I fixed the sizing issue with the example sentences.

@maxb We changed it to be a light blue to match the English sentence highlight.

3 Likes

Thanks, perfect. Except that the refocus is still not working (android, chrome)

1 Like

Here some more issues on mobile:

Grammar point font size too big (with standard font size):

No correct line break for structure legend:

Did you disable the functionality that focuses on the input when clicking furigana for now? Because it’s not working on the iPhone app at least.

To your question, how are you handling it when you just click the input directly? Because that works perfectly fine. Maybe you can do the same thing when clicking furigana.

@Jake The website has been a bit slow lately. I just finished a review session on the iPhone app and the “processing last review” page took well over 10 seconds to close.

@Jake I’m not sure if this has been reported previously, or if others have even experienced this . . . but within the Android mobile app, at the top of the home screen (where it shows the number of reviews pending) mine never updates. The little circle just keeps spinning round and round, without updating the number of reviews, or the time. See below screenshot.

1 Like

Input Refocus when toggling furigana still doesn’t work

1 Like

I like the new 20px font, but in the bold version used for the text we type, the
dakuten is so bold it blends both strokes.

PS: @Jake , the keys in lessons now works, but they skip two slots instead of one, i.e. it jumps from meanings to readings, to examples of the next item. Also, ‘f’ for showing grammar during reviews had stop working.

Refocus should be fixed now. I also fixed the font-size issues and the way that the structure legend is displayed. Thank you for pointing those out.

@seanblue The input focus should be working again. I will take a closer look at the scrolling when I can!

@BunproAdmin The website has been a bit slow lately. I just finished a review session on the iPhone app and the “processing last review” page took well over 10 seconds to close.

I have looked into site speed, but I haven’t been able to find any major issues. I will keep looking into it. Are you experiencing it consistently? Does it happen at a certain time during your day or when you are in a specific location?

@HokkaidoBoy Thank you for pointing that out. The app developer is working on an update to fix that and other bugs in the app.

@madmalkav The font issue should be fixed now! Would you mind telling us what device and browser you are using that is experiencing the buggy keys? Thanks!

2 Likes

Firefox, Manjaro Linux. If there is any way I can take any debug info I’ll gladly provide it.

Great to hear! Thank you very much!

It’s sporadic. When it happens I always verify my internet speed right after to make sure that’s not the issue (it’s not). It has happened at my house on wi-fi where I have over 100Mbps download speed. I’m not sure about the time, but are you monitoring end-to-end request times with dynatrace or something like that? If not, it may be worth looking into at this point. It may just be that at some peak hours your servers can’t handle the load.

Grammar point names are shortened in grammar search

Problem: I am looking for the “Verb [Passive]” grammar but

1. the search doesn’t find anything when I’m searching for “Passive”
  2. when I try to find the “passive” in all of the grammar points I can’t find it because you shortened the names

-> please unshorten the grammar point names and please let the search find the according grammar points when I type in “passive” or “causative” or whatever

3 Likes

@Jake For this sentence:

I answered with だが which was marked as correct. I pressed a and the answer was replaced with が, but pressing it again didn’t cycle back to だが. Usually I’m able to get it to cycle back around to the original answer, so this is a bit odd.