Feedback - Bug Reports

@JLM94 @EmilyVersoza This was just patched. Seems like we had a bug that showed the wrong message.

2 Likes

I’ll check it out when I get off the bus and provide any feedback if necessary. Now that I have you here I might as well shoot my shot, I’ve mentioned it before in the recommendations thread, but saw no response. Is there anyway to implement some sort of known kanji field that a user could manually input similar to what Satori reader does or even a drop down box that allows users to select their highest WK level passed so that BP furigana settings can pull from that.

I’m not subscribed to WK at the moment since I wanna focus on some other things besides Kanji for now, but as a result the WK API has me set to level 3. As you see in the screenshots I posted just about every kanji there has furigana when I should know all of those kanji already.

1 Like

I am not sure if this is a bug, but when i click on a given word, sometimes bunpro will alow me to add it to my vocab, but other times it wont do anything.

For example:
example

If i click on 雨 it will give me the option to add to vocab in a little “popup”, but if I click on 急に it will not.

I originally thought it might be a weird interaction with 10ten but that doesnt seem to be the problem, as even with 10ten off, it still doesnt work. Maybe its just bias, but it seems like it doesnt work on a lot of words. Its also not that the word is missing from the vocab section, as 急に has its own page.

3 Likes

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I tried searching and I couldn’t find anywhere that 円 could also mean circle? Shouldn’t it be 丸? This is from the Genki 1 second edition deck.

Edit: Nevermind, sorry. ChatGPT is wrong, I found another resource stating that it can mean ‘circle’.

3 Likes

The app doesn’t seem to have this issue but when I try reviewing from a deck on the site, it’ll often give me all my reviews rather than only from that deck.

1 Like

When doing vocab, I have noticed several times that the audio doesn’t match the readings of certain words. I have already reported a few, but theres a lot more, should I report all that I encounter? I don’t want it to be like I’m spamming the report function.

1 Like

Yeah I felt the same about spamming.
Everytime I got an answer from the team, the word was already on “the list” and I was told recently that a new TTS was being tested, so I guess it’s not that useful to report every wrong sentences.

EDIT : unrelated, but I still can’t use the app and I don’t now what to do about it. See my recent posts in this thread. @Jake @veritas_nz

1 Like

Great idea~
Maybe one day we could have some sort of CSV file import feature where you can add all your Kanji that way!

1 Like

Good question!
Not actually a bug, but still kinda confusing – we just have to tie/link each specific bit of text to a word. This is done for some words, but not many.

We are currently writing a parser to automate this.
Soon every Vocab and Grammar in a sentence will be linked properly!

2 Likes

@Pablunpro

Noticed all community posts are showing up as “Just now” on the Bunpro dashboard, even though when you click through, they weren’t all posted “Just now”

This has been fixed!

The dumbest code I've ever written

6 Likes

Great, works again!

(Though that could just be because I stopped using my time machine to travel to the future :smirk: fufufu)

1 Like

お疲れ様です。

:laughing:
This code reminds me of this song.

2 Likes

Thanks!

The notification box is still there though. Just with nothing in it.

1 Like

Thanks for the update.
This should be fixed now!

2 Likes

The “Unfished” tab in the content selector on the cram page is never quite fully shown and even disappears when resizing the window.

Browser window maximized

Browser window at half the screen size

Browser window at about a third of screen size :sweat_smile:

On Firefox 121.0-1 as well as on Chromium 120.0 / Linux arch, btw :>

Looks like your work here is …
:sunglasses:
unfinished.

1 Like

Using the website on a Android phone, Kiwi Browser. While doing reviews, the Sort by Review Category is ignored. If you try to update it, the page reloads and it continues with the default settings. Accessing the site on Firefox on PC, the configuration works as intended.

1 Like

Submitted a bug report for the 手前 grammar point but realized it’s happening for a lot of my reviews. The blank space/answer line and sentence furigana will load for a moment, and then will kick to the end of the sentence and the furigana will also disappear. Looks like this once it happens.

Using Brave browser on Windows 11.

1 Like

Howdy.
This could be due to your browser rejecting the use of the LocalStorage API for storing data.
It would do this for privacy/performance reasons.

Another way to check to see if this is the case is to check if you can save the settings for audio.
The Slow-mode and Male-preffered settings both also use LocalStorage.

Screen Shot 2024-01-23 at 7.33.18 PM

Try changing these on Grammar Point page, in the Example Sentences section (this one will do), then refreshing the page and see if they save.

If it’s not that it’s likely a bug and I can take a look into it!

1 Like

Hi there!

Never heard of this one before :thinking:
We have made some changes to some questions recently…

Are you able to please try disable all browser plugins/try again on a browser with none installed?

If you still see it anyway, please let me know for which questions and I can investigate
(Screenshots would be a big help :bowing_man:

Review order won’t stick

Hi all. Not sure what’s causing this, but lately, whenever I try to apply the review order to be Ghost → Regular → Self-study, it simply won’t stick. When I hit save, the page reloads, but then the review order has simply reverted back to Regular → Ghost → Self-study. Nothing I do (log out and back in, clear cache, etc.) seems to help.

1 Like