Feedback - Bug Reports

On mobile only, sometimes all posts appear as being made “1 day” ago on the dashboard.

Sometimes there’s no problem though!

1 Like

Then it’s probably a bug. I checked changing the sound config, and they are persistent. @Mapletree also seems to have the same issue.

I also disabled my extensions, and the issue persisted.

This numbers seem to include cookies + both storages. In the browser config, the use of On-device Site Data is also enabled.

1 Like

Hello! Learning new grammar seems to not really work?
when I click Learn [4] (learn a batch of Tobira grammar) im just taken to the full list of Tobira chapters.
Then I try and select 4 new grammar points to learn (continuing from where I got to), but it then shows me vocab which I didn’t select… what’s going on here? please help!

1 Like

I’m using the iOS app and the hint settings for my grammar reviews don’t line up with the defaults I actually get during my reviews.

I was trying to get the hints to show only the 2/4 nuance translation, but in order to get that I have to choose 3/4 hint in my settings.

Here’s the full list of what I get for each setting:

0/4 works correctly.
1/4 works correctly.
2/4 results in 4/4.
3/4 results in 2/4.
4/4 results in 3/4.

Images below show that my settings are set to 3/4 but my review is defaulting to 2/4.

My settings:

My reviews:

1 Like

Hi there!

I’ve just tried selecting those items through the https://bunpro.jp/paths/tobira page and can’t seem to replicate that issue.
Are you able to confirm that the URL in the bar after clicking ‘Study Selected Grammar’ is exactly https://bunpro.jp/learn?grammar_points=%5B456%2C468%2C412%2C292%5D?

If this isn’t the case, I can try log into your account and replicate the issue there.

Thanks,
Sean

Looks like it might have been on my end. Tried doing reviews again today and everything seemed fine (I didn’t disable any plugins or anything…hm). I’ll circle back if it happens again and try to fix anything on my end first if I run into again! Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

The furigana for 副助詞 is wrong, it seems to have the furigana of 格助詞.

I still can’t sync my vocab from Wanikani, but now i get a different error, after a while after i hit the “Sync [Master]”

1 Like

Just going to bump this with some evidence as I’m still having the issue of vacation mode not turning off properly. I toggle it off and wait a few minutes, but ‘currently in vacation mode!’ doesn’t go away and when I return to my home screen my reviews are still hidden.

Edited to add: when vacation mode finally turned off after multiple tries, it also lost my streak and my entire review backlog.

1 Like

Imabi is offline, but it still appearing as suggested online reading in the grammar.

1 Like

Yeah Imabi got a new domain. You’ll have to browse by yourself until all reading links are updated.

2 Likes

Unless my brain is baked from it being 3am, suspect the hint should not say this is negative.

5 Likes

less of a bug and more of a pointless formatting thing, but the flavor text for the 700 day streak badge doesnt follow the “X days in a row!” format, and is just “700”.

2 Likes

I thought the further away badges were supposed to have hidden text until you got closer

1 Like

in the image, i havent unlocked streak 1000 or streak 700. Under streak 1000, it says “1000 Days in a row!”. The same is true for every other badge in the streak category except streak 700, where it just says “700” (see image in above message). I guess I wasnt talking about the flavor text, but the badge subtitle may be a more appropriate term.

its not like it really matters, but its just something that i noticed and has been bothering me for a while.

2 Likes

No I understood what you were saying, it’s just I remember badges that were like 2 or 3 away wouldn’t show you what they looked liked or what they said. I was just noticing that it was different now. nvm I’m just dum lmao it’s the same as always

It is weird 700 is the only one. Unless it’s a reference to something

2 Likes

Good catch! Fixed :bowing_man: :bowing_man:

Seems like it is just the image… although I seem to have some recollection of it working like this too :thinking:

2 Likes

Regarding the dashboard. So I’m one to have one tab open before I do reviews and then do reviews in another tab. Then I compare the stats on the dashboard before and after reviews.

In the 'before tab", the forecast and activity automatically updates after reviews, while JLPT progress bars and “your progress” stays static, all of which is as expected. However, now I experience the JLPT progress bars won’t update after reviews, even upon a hard refresh.

Edit: Okay, it updated now, but that was too sticky to be convenient.

3 Likes

You’re not imagining things!
The JLPT stats are quite large computations, so we hard-cache them for some set amount of time.

Hope that clears things up!

1 Like

When I have limited network connectivity in the app, I can’t add new vocab. This is understandable, could you throw some error message? that way I know to try again later.

1 Like