Feedback - Bug Reports

Hi, I just received the badge for 600k XP and discovered a typo in the flavour text: “60000XP”

1 Like

Hello,

After paying from my subscription. (via Paypal), seems like my reviews disappeared. I’ve been learning new topics and those were added into the review queue. But everything before that is not showing up.

1 Like

Hello, small one but for some reason my latest badges aren’t showing in the 最近得たバッジ section!

1 Like

Fixed! Very nice catch.

1 Like

Hi there!

Are they still not showing?
It can sometimes take a few minutes for badges to update.

Please let us know!

1 Like

Hi there! Welcome to the community :partying_face:

This has been fixed on your account.
Sorry for the inconvenience!

1 Like

Minor bug - when you complete your daily goal the message about extra study does not have the correct count of items studied for that deck in the current session.

For example:

• Before doing lessons today I was on 192/217 items studied in N3.
  • I then did 2 lessons which after completion gives the daily goal completed message.
  • If you click extra study the deck selection is displayed, however the total items studied will not have increased for the decks studied.

So below, I was expecting the items studied for N3 to be 194/217, but it was still at 192/217. The Daily Goal counter is correct.

Can replicate on Android and Web App.

1 Like

They are now! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a graphical glitch with the progress bar:

This is on Safari browser iOS (iPad).

This has been fixed. Thank you! :pray:

Nevermind. I thought it was, because the results page after reviews seems unaffected, but the other ones still are.

1 Like

Quite often the audio doesnt seem to work for me. It seems completely random whether or not it works, and if it doesnt work in the browser it also doesnt work in the app (ios). Is there a reason for this?

1 Like

In Vocab Search, there is the new feature where it shows you furigana for unknown kanji. Nice.

But, this came with two related bugs:

1. You can no longer open the item in the browser by clicking anywhere on the item. Instead, if you click on any kanji portion of the item, it does not open the item’s page. This includes if I Ctrl-click to open in a separate tab.
    • This slows down opening several vocabs from the list because you have to be careful where you click, so as not to click on any kanji.
  2. When you do click on any kanji, it behaves like the old version of Bunpro where it will toggle whether to show the furigana for that kanji or not. I consider this a bug because:
    1. I don’t want random clicks in the search results to accidentally toggle furigana for some random kanji/word.
    2. The newer interface with the pop-up to manage furigana is better and more universal.

One of two solutions possible, IHMO:

• Simply remove the toggle function from kanji in the search results, so clicking anywhere on the item opens it, as before.
  • Or, if ability to toggle within search results is intended as a feature (I’d be curious what kind of use case supports this? Maybe just ‘It always works the same way whenever you see furigana/kanji’? Is that the intention?), then at least use the newer pop-up interface to prevent accidental toggling, plus provide more control over that function/feature.

This accidental toggling thing has happened to me multiple times since I noticed the change, and I tried to ‘get used to it’, but I finally decided to post this as a bug report, since it is too annoying, and not as good as the pop-up control.

2 Likes

During a failed load of Reviews page, I got this:
Screenshot 2024-04-09 111658

Just pointing out that the Advanced Error Details is empty. Either the dialog did not fill in the advanced error details correctly, or there were no advanced details to show.

If the former, then that’s the bug.

But if the latter, then I’d suggest either disabling (greying out) the Advanced Error Details section (to keep the UI appearance the same, just with disabled elements), or to not show the Advanced Error Details section at all, when there are no extra details to show.

By indicating in the UI when there are no details to show, this at least allows us to distinguish between ‘no details’ and ‘failed to show details’ situations.

BTW: It’s quite likely that the failure was due to local WiFi weak signal. This report is just about the UI.

1 Like

Forgot to show this back when it happened, but I thought this was kinda funky lol.

1 Like

Thanks for the great bug report. I have fixed this and will include it with the next release. I have simply removed the toggle function completely because as you mentioned there isn’t really a use case for toggling furigana there.

3 Likes

Lots of vocab seems to have slipped back in terms of SRS, e.g. “ 父方” is now back to Beginner 1. Pretty sure I didn’t get it wrong so much recently. There are many others too, like “ 又々”.

1 Like

It looks like it is set oddly. Did you remember if you reviewed it via the app or the website last time?

2 Likes

I think via the website!
Just bumped into “此奴” too, which is also back to Beginner 1. There seem to be a lot.

1 Like

Thanks! Just to narrow some things down, do you/have you used the app in the past to review it?

2 Likes

I don’t think so!
Just bumped into “ 有る”, “こういう” and “長靴”, which have also fallen back.

1 Like