Feedback - Bug Reports

Just noticed this as well. When I try to open the community discussion for a specific grammar point in a new browser tab using Ctrl + Left Click, it just opens it in the current tab. However, Right Click -> “Open Link in New Tab” still works. —Firefox 64 on Ubuntu

This happens to me every time on mobile (iOS Safari) whenever I undo my input (using “UNDO!”).

2 Likes

This is not a good choice of text color. (Yes, there is text.)

1 Like

I haven’t used Bunpro for some time. Now that I’m back, it is working waaaaay slower that it used to. I read some suggestions to disable adblockers, but I don’t use any. Suggestions welcome.

PS: aaaand, as soon as I wrote this, the slow down dissapeared. Weird.

1 Like

While doing the lesson for と (quotation), one of the example sentences looked like this:

Almost like a review sentence had decided to jump in among the example sentences.

2 Likes

I have fixed it :+1:

2 Likes

The text in brackets is confusing since it looks like the required user input, but it’s not.
Remove it or add it as orange explanation

I think this is just way too much text for a review sentence. Can’t fit the mobile screen.

1 Like

Apparently I yesterday got my 20-day streak badge, but I received no notification and it didn’t replace my badge on the home page.

35%20 38%20

Also, I guess it’s nice to know that it’s a punchline from some Rakugo routine, but not everyone will know what 落語 or オチ・落ち is. Might be worth explaining it after the English meaning too.

1 Like

Required input appears in [ ] , not ( ) .

I agree that the meaning there is unclear, though.

1 Like

Is the reason I only got tested on half the grammar point because it started with この so the の was already used and could confuse? I was a bit surprised and it is probably not a bug, but thought I should ask.

Is いぜん a future grammar point? Otherwise where is the info about this alternative answer for 前に?

So extra buttons can show up for removing from reviews, knowing it and such.

This happened when I clicked “add to reviews” and then filled in the checkboxes for the reading. I don’t know if the click to add to reviews need to be done on that tab, because I was on that tab when I noticed it and only had time for 2 lessons so I could only test to see if the additional buttons showed up again, aka recreate the bug.

@Revel We apologize for the late reply! Any links that you click on under readings should register them has having been checked whether you clicked on them in Study or on a normal lessons page. Please let us know if you can confirm that this is not happening for you. Currently clicking on a kanji turns off the furigana for that particular item site wide, but clicking to turn it back on does not turn on furigana for all instances of that kanji. Our original reasoning behind this was that you would turn furigana off for kanji that you knew and would only turn a kanji’s furigana back on if you had temporarily forgotten the reading. Adding the ability to turn back on all instances of furigana for a particular kanji is on our to-do list. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@kparks29 Thank you for providing your bug report and including a screenshot of the console.log message. That is very helpful information for us as we get to the bottom of what might be causing these bugs. Cheers!

@Anthropos888 Thank you for your feedback. We like the idea of implementing a way to simply skip items that we plan on removing or merging in the future. We will see what we can do. Thank you for your input on the text in parentheses and on the length of particular sentences. We will see what we can do about improving the UI on these items. Cheers!

@MissDagger Thank you for providing such invaluable feedback! We agree that the way we currently display verb conjugations does not look as appealing as it could. This goes for any display. We are working on making it more intuitive and prettier. Thank you for your patience as we iron out all of the kinks.

Thank you for letting us know about the badge not showing up in your notifications and on your profile. We will look into it.

Our originally thought process for including the first part of の中でいちばん in that particular review question was precisely your reasoning. This is the first review question that you receive in your reviews and we wanted to cut down on confusion and test you on just one aspect of the grammar point now and quiz you on the rest of it later. いぜん is not currently on our list of future grammar, but it is a viable answer and one that self-studiers on Bunpro, that use the site as a supplement to other resources, might attempt to answer. Instead of marking you incorrect we decided to add it to alternative answers that Bunpro would catch.

Thank you for letting us know about the multiple button bug! We will look into what might be causing it. Again, thank you for all of your feedback and your patience. Cheers!

@Lilalas Thank you for your feedback! We are still pretty new to discourse, but will see if we will figure out a way to have links open up in new tabs. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for letting us know about the input collapsing on mobile. We will look into it. No! You’re not supposed to look at Bunpro’s landing page on classic mode! :sweat_smile: We will get that fixed up. Cheers!

@madmalkav Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you were experiencing slow load times. Please let us know if you have any more trouble. Cheers!

3 Likes

If さえ is the wrong answer, you should remove it from the “noun” structure or explain in which cases it can’t be used.

Besides that, possible in this question is also

• だって
  • までも
  • にしても

None of them is added as alternative!

2 Likes

Hey :smile:
I am fixing that :+1:

@Anthropos888

By the way, 子供でさえ is much more often used than 子供さえ, it is almost a set phrase (I will add notification about it).

3 Likes

I have added alternative answers with comments :sunglasses:

Enjooy :+1:

2 Likes

35%20
There were no alternative grammar. ^_____^ (Aka I clicked ‘a’ and nothing happened. Tried a couple of times.)

4 Likes

Again a missing alternative for the “hearsay” grammar:

らしい, そうだ and んだって all have the “casual hearsay” hint, that’s not enough.

I don’t understand why I am wrong here. The structure said 始めた but it expects 始めて.

Is this a bug? Or does it have to do with すぐ? Help?

1 Like

There seems to be a bug in turning off holiday mode:
I turned it off several days ago, but still don’t get any reviews.
According to the upcomming grammar section, the next review is in 7 days (apart from one single entry).