Feedback - Bug Reports

@MissDagger Thank you for letting us know! Fixed.

@Anthropos888 We will do our best to make the hints more intuitive. In the meantime, we have added んだって to alternative answers so that you are not marked incorrect outright. Cheers!

@nanda Thank you for your feedback! It actually has everything to do with すぐ and we apologize for not having a better breakdown for this sentence. Verb[て] + すぐ means “as soon as/immediately after (verb)”, so in this case, はじめてすぐ means “as soon as I started” or “immediately after I started”. We apologize for the confusion and have added a note for this sentence. We will also catch はじめた rather than marking you incorrect. Cheers!

@airblaster Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for the inconvenience and will look into what might be causing this issue. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

3 Likes

There’s no hints or highlighted word for this sentence.

1 Like

Hey :smile:
It has been fixed :+1:

Thank you for letting us know :bowing_man:

1 Like

Hi all. I just joined Bunpro today, so I sincerely apologise if whatever I’m about to say is as a result of newbie ignorance. For some reason, the enter button doesn’t work to proceed to the next study item, though I’ve been told by other users that it should. Not sure what could be causing this problem, and I know my enter button works. It’s small fry in the grand scale of things though, but just wanted to report it.

P.S. Great website.

4 Likes

Are you using any script-blocking browser plugins? You might need to whitelist the site for everything to function as intended.

Edit: Is there no forum avatar icon for 41+?

3 Likes

Not using anything like that. I’ve no idea why it’s not working. I’ll have a deeper dive tomorrow.

1 Like

Hmm, someone else might have a solution, but a temporary workaround might be to use a different browser (Firefox/Chrome/Edge).

2 Likes

I’ve noticed some problems with the API documentation, and its actual functionality.

1. In the “Response format” section, you say “If the resource you request is a list type, then it will return as an array. Otherwise, it will return a hash.” What it should say is “If the resource you request is a list type, then it will return as an array. Otherwise, it will return an object.” Perhaps you meant “Hash table” which would be accurate, but not really used when talking about JSON.
  2. Whenever I make a request, the response status code is 401 Unauthorized despite the fact that it returns proper data. That response code should be 200 when the request is OK, and 401 if bad/no credentials are supplied.
  3. You’re passing in credentials in the URL. This is a bad place to do that, since most web browsers will save URL history for GET requests. a better solution would be to use a header, like the Authorization header
  4. I can make requests through HTTP, which should not be allowed when sending requests with credentials. Any non-HTTPS calls should be rejected.
5 Likes

Hey :smile:

If you are reviewing then the input field has to be active for enter to work that way.

If you are in studying mode/ lessons you can use arrows to move to another grammar point. The right and left ones.

Cheers :+1:

By the way, you should check out “uBlock” add blocking software. It might improve your surfing the net experience a lot.

1 Like

@Krispy Welcome! We are glad to have you. Do you happen to be using Safari by any chance? Safari has not been playing nice with our keyboard shortcuts and have yet to find a viable solution. If this is not the case, please let us know. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have a fix for Safari key functions soon. Cheers!

Edit: Just noticed that you said that you use Chrome on the WK forums. We are not sure why you would be experiencing difficulty with the enter key or the audio. What JLPT level/Textbook Path are you studying at the moment?

@Kai Thank you for your replies to @Krispy! We apologize for not having the forum set up to display levels above 40 for you. You are just too fast! Your level should now display properly on the forums. If you are still not seeing your level displayed, try logging out and back in again. Cheers!

2 Likes

I noticed that you mentioned to another WK user that bunny mode disables sound, and that was indeed the problem in my case also. I didn’t realize that it did that. Is that mentioned in the FAQ? I had a quick glance through but couldn’t find it. If not, maybe it’d be an idea to add that nugget to the tooltip when you hover over the option in the settings menu? If it is there, sorry that I didn’t see it. :sweat_smile:

With regard to hitting the enter key, it’s working fine in reviews today, but I’ll do more lessons and see if it works in those. I think the problem may only occur in lessons. But I’ll check and get back to you on it.

Edit: Still doesn’t work during study. I just click study, I didn’t pick a specific path to my knowledge, but it’s starting with N5. Using chrome, no mods/scripts whatsoever.

1 Like

It is now! We originally designed Bunny Mode for those that wanted to blast through their reviews quickly. We imagined that most people would not want to listen to the audio of a sentence if they were trying to speed through them. We can add some more clarification to the tooltip.

Currently the return/enter key only functions in the Study quiz mode or in reviews to move on to the next item in your review queue. If you want to progress through each tab on the grammar point and subsequently each grammar point in study mode, or when browsing grammar points, then you must use the arrow keys or click the arrows on the left or right side of the grammar point. Sorry for the confusion! Cheers!

2 Likes

This is possible as well:

1 Like

Hey :grin:
You are right :+1:

BUT remember
あたり means per (expresses the ratio, 1人あたり200ドル 200$ per person), so it cannot replace ごとに in every case.

We can rephrase the sentence above to:
"I want to do my best to memorize 20 kanji per week. "

If there is no ratio expressed, it cannot be used in this meaning.

For example here:

クリスマスは私の近所で家ごとにイルミネーションをしている。
During Christmas, every house in my neighborhood hangs Christmas lights.

It is also important to know that あたりhas another meaning of “about/approximately”. You can use it with a noun identifying place or time, to make it vaguer, to express uncertainty.

Compare:

夏ごとにアメリカに帰ります。
I return to the US every summer.

VS

夏あたりアメリカに帰ります。

Since there is no ratio expressed, it means:

I (will) return to the US around summer (it might be a bit earlier or later).

4 Likes

@Anthropos888

1 Like

No worries, thanks for explaining it! :smiley:

1 Like

Since today there is a gap of a few pixels above the progress bar (mobile, chrome)

The progress bar should be on the very top of the screen.

1 Like

Think I found a new display bug:

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is a display bug or some sort of first-run tour not showing, but my page has been stuck in this mode since I started on the site. (If I’m blind and missing something let me know)

4 Likes

I just started using this site and I’m getting the same thing. It’s grayed out like it’s trying to run a tutorial, but there’s no way to advance it. I’ve tried in chrome, firefox, and edge with and without adblocks and scripts.

I can make it go away by Inspecting the page and deleting:

<div class="enjoyhint_svg_wrapper…

but then it returns again when going back, of course. Please help!

2 Likes