Feedback - Bug Reports

You gave me an idea and I found a workaround. Inside the enjoyhint_ dev there are several subdivisions. One of them is a button that moves the tutorial forward, I can’t remember the name, but it was fairly obvious. (positionally it’s hidden behind the banner at the top) You can adjust some of its size/position traits to make it huge and click the new big button, it’ll trigger the event to clear out the tutorial.

3 Likes

ok, just found out switching to “classic” theme in settings and going back to the profile page allowed a small button to pop up in the top left that says “got it!”. After clicking that, it fixes the issue and i was able to return to modern theme just fine

edit: ha! looks like we both found different work-arounds at the same time. cheers!

2 Likes

Not sure why it’s displaying this. When I do reviews it has the correct number.

@Dunric Thank you guys for pointing this out. I have fixed it.

2 Likes

For me the drop-down for grammar and user have stopped working.

It also seems to have two scrollbars when I click on the notification icon. One for the notifications themselves and one for the whole header.

I am using Firefox on android.

Thank you for your insight on the API.
I have updated the documentation as you noted.
I fixed the typo causing the 401 error when it shouldn’t.
We can consider adding Authorization headers, the API for the app currently uses them. For now, I think it is fine as is since the data is all non-detrimental and the API key can be refreshed at any time. Furthermore, I think passing it in the url is going to make it more accessible to the average user who wants to give the API a try.
The site redirects http to https and forces ssl across the board.

In all honestly, I am not an expert in APIs so please don’t hesitate to let me know if I am wrong. I am always happy to learn something new.

1 Like

Putting the API key in the URL makes it easy to make API request with nothing but a browser, but that’s about it. If you’re interested in accessibility, it would be better to provide sample curl requests, or sample javascript AJAX calls. Even better, provide interactive documentation that lets people play around with the API, and provides the curls automatically.

At the company I work at, we use the Swagger API specification to design and document our APIs. It’s able to produce interactive documentation, and even generate boilerplate client code that can use the API. I have interactive docs for WaniKani’s API v2, and I wouldn’t mind producing them for BunPro too.

3 Likes

This is possible as well

For almost all sentences of this grammar point various tenses are possible since the translation is not clear enough about that.

1 Like

The furigana is covered in a way that makes 「う」 and 「つ」 indistinguishable. (iOS Safari)

Edit: The XP indicator seems to be cut off, too.

2 Likes

This is possible as well:

And no hints at all to distinguish between the 5 million “but” grammar points

2 Likes

The え is missing for 備える.

1 Like

This is possible as well

2 Likes

This is why i cant log out!!

2 Likes

This is possible as well

And what does “to my head” mean?

1 Like

This is possible as well

1 Like

The lesson for ね have a lot of strange boxes on most example sentences. Mostly on the translations, but not always:

1 Like

Had a very strange bug recently not sure how to reproduce it or if I even can:

1. Was working through reviews
  2. Was doing the review for “まっていてくれてありがとうございます”
  3. Type it in wrong, press ‘a’ “Yup my spelling is crap”, hear the audio (I have audio set to auto play in settings)
  4. Type it in correctly, --> hear audio --> move on
  5. Next review --> get it wrong --> show answer --> hear audio except that it’s the audio for the previous review.
  6. Think it’s an error on the review itself, so proceed to click “report an error”
  7. Write enough that it’s larger than the box
  8. Submit
  9. Attempt to continue --> Webpage crashes --> reload --> get nothing but what looks like raw JSON (should have taken a screenshot!)

(This is on Google Chrome, on Linux Mint OS)

1 Like

BUG REPORT:

Also, I’ve been providing lots of feedback with the “Report Error” button.
Are those getting through alright? I used to get feedback on them, but haven’t in a while.

4 Likes

@Anthropos888 Thank you for pointing out all of these possible inputs. We have added your suggestions to alternative grammar for the appropriate items as well as cleared up some terminology to make it easier to understand what is expected… Cheers!

@Lilalas Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the delayed response! We hope to have a fix ready soon. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@lopicake Thank you for pointing this out to us. Fixed! Cheers!

@joda We apologize for the inconvenience! We have a fix ready that we will be pushing soon. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@MissDagger Thank you for letting us know about ね’s mystery boxes. They should be all fixed. Please let us know if you see them pop up again. Cheers!

@Scyamntic We are sorry that you are experiencing troubles! Thank you for providing a detailed report. We will look into what may be causing the error and hopefully have a fix ready soon. Cheers!

@Kai Nice find! That is a big だめ on us. All fixed. We really appreciate all of the feedback that you have been providing us. We apologize for not being as responsive, but we promise that we are implementing the changes and suggestions that you provide us with. We are tinkering with better ways to leave feedback/flag items and also receive updates on when the item you provided feedback on has been fixed. Cheers!

6 Likes

This is possible as well:

1 Like