:bunpro_icon: Feedback - Bug Reports

すごい。。。ありがとう! :bowing_man:

Well, unless you’re insane like me. Part of my normal review flow is after getting a question right (or wrong), but before clicking the little “proceed” triangle at the bottom right of the screen (which I presume is what actually sends the result to the server), I often copy the entire sentence (sadly I have to use OCR tools here since my “allow copy from review page” feature request has gone long ignored) and then switch apps to a browser so I can have a conversation with an LLM about the sentence and ask way too many questions. With that flow, the bug was preventing my progress from being submitted.

And further, it appears if you have a number of review items at the same level, sort order for those items is nondeterministic, meaning that when I start a new review session after the bug is triggered, I can’t simply reenter my previous answer to recover from the bug, because that question is now buried somewhere else in the current stack of same-level items. But no big deal… this just means more free forced practice for me. :sunglasses: And also a moot point once your bugfix rolls out. Thanks again for the quick response!!!

2 Likes

Hello, I’ve noticed some issues that has recently appeared on iPad this week. Previously the input controls have been fairly stable the year when I’ve used it with my keyboard case both when I’m doing reviews and I get an answer incorrect. Now for example if I’ve typed the English wrong previously what I would do is I would just select all and click backspace to delete all of the written text but now what happens is, I select all, click backspace and it only deletes the previous character. this also seems to happen with the standard iPad input method it’s not exclusive to the folio case.

I hope this helps😊

2 Likes

@Oxen
I am fixing this right now, this is related to the ‘undo’ setting that lets you remove the last character/whole sentence.

EDIT:
It is fixed, we will release it with the next update.

@The111
Will do something about copying the sentence! Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the details.

3 Likes

Wow amazing thank you! One reason it irks me that you can’t copy from the review screen is that there was a brief period where you could copy from a cram session (or some other session that resembled a review, I can’t entirely remember), so it appears like the support was there. My old solution was to jump to the lesson, scroll to the sentence, and copy from there. Which doesn’t always work because some review sentences are not present in the lesson is an example (though this is pretty rare). But recently I realized I can use Google Lens OCR which is pretty damn fast and also solves that rare case mentioned above. I still look forward to a proper copy button, but the OCR is a pretty nice workaround in the meantime. Thanks again!

1 Like


My streak broke even tho i did reviews normally (grammar only mode)

2 Likes

Mine too. Streak doesn’t apply if i clear words

@Ckerk1856

Hey!
I believe I have fixed the cause of the problem!
The patch will be released next week!

2 Likes

Ok it seems the way I thought it is reproducable is not consistent. Today the black screen just appeared without switching apps at all, just transitioning between decks with the “continue with…” button.

2 Likes

@magnus1
Would it be possible to send me a screenshot in [PM]? :bowing_man:

1 Like

It is just a completely black app screen, I’ll try to record it happening the next time. Recently (since a few updates ago) id say its been like a 1/3-1/2 chance.

2 Likes


I’m assuming this text at the end of the review is meant to be on the back end, not shared to the user lol

5 Likes

Bug on Android since the last update:

In grammar closes, when validating a wrong / incomplete answer, the input text turns bold.

Then when I type anything with the on-screen keyboard, the input field acts as if the last input character was selected, regardless of where the input cursor was. Everytime I need to retype the last char then move the cursor again to make the edit I wanted.

3 Likes

Hello! I have been using notes more and noticed a difference between web and IOS.

I added wanikani notes for some words I was forgetting the kanji meanings for and notices the tabbing in the notes seems to break.

Hope this helps!


(I updated my cards so here is a copy of the old broken format)

<p><strong>物</strong> — Thing</p><ul><li><p>牛 Cow</p></li><li><p>勿 Wing</p></li></ul><p><strong>置</strong> — Put</p><ul><li><p>罒 Net</p></li><li><p>直 Straight</p></li></ul>
2 Likes

FYI it appears the version of Bunpro I have was released on Sep 15, which is 6 days after your above message. And this version still has the bug.

Not complaining, but just pointing it out in case that version is intended to have the fix.

2 Likes

Managed to get a screen recording of it happening today that I will try to PM you. But basically heres your screenshot of a black screen:

2 Likes

If it helps, I updated the Android app this morning and got a bright blue banner at the top of the app screen telling me of the new widget availability. You probably encountered the same thing ?

1 Like

@The111

The sorting/reviews limit issue is also fixed.
We will release it with the incoming patch.

@Manivergil
The bug with the notification icon also has been fixed.
Cheers!

3 Likes

While on a flight recently with no Internet connection I experienced a disappointing bug.

I was sure to download all the data for an N2 practice exam before leaving on the flight, but when I got more than an hour into the exam I realized that the :exclamation:symbols that I was seeing were images that weren’t loading.

The images not being downloaded meant that I spent multiple hours on the exam but couldn’t answer some of the questions.

2 Likes

Hey!
Will be checking it :bowing_man:

Edit:
I checked it on two devices, it seems that images were properly downloaded.
No images were shown at all in tests?
Did you perhaps try playing audio?
On which version of the app are you?
Which of the downloading buttons did you use?


You can [PM] more details, I will be looking into it.

2 Likes

Hello. When you are in flashcard mode on IPad and you reveal an answer, you can no longer toggle a words kanji on and off and need to go into the info page to do it.

Hope this helps

2 Likes