Feedback - Bug Reports

Still think this aspects of the design could use an overhaul. Maybe put it in a more prominent spot and not tucked behind four clicks and a save.

1 Like

Hello! I will just report them here then :slight_smile:

Another one found, similar like sentences with たらどう:
お皿がわれてしまいました。[割れる] > not accepted
お皿がわれてしまった。[割れる] > correct

3 Likes

@Sidgr Thank you for your insight. We agree that the settings page should be made a little more accessible/intuitive. We would also like to expand some of the settings to other parts of the site (e.g. toggling JLPT level, themes, bunny mode, etc. directly from within reviews or from other parts of the site). Stay tuned.

@alyr_arkhon Thank you for your report! Looks like there was a typo in the polite alternative answer for this sentence which was why it was not accepted. Should be all fixed. Cheers!

3 Likes

Hello! I am using Bunpro for the first time today, on my Mac, and I have a issue when I am trying to submit anything. Nearly everytime, after I write my answer in japanese, the answer isn’t submit at all. I try to hit Enter, or even clicking on Submit, but nothing work.

Any idea?

3 Likes

@Lyart Welcome to Bunpro! Are you using an IME and submitting your answers with kanji included? Currently, Bunpro only accepts answers in hiragana or katakana. If you use your English keyboard, Bunpro will automatically convert what you have written into hiragana. Please let us know if attempting to answer with kanji is not the issue. Cheers!

2 Likes

It was exactly this! Amazing! Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The site is really slow on an iPad (2018), is it just me, or does someone else have the same problems?

1 Like

The site has had loading issues for most everyone for a while. I think they’re still debugging the issue.

3 Likes

I read that there’s a badge for “killing” 100 ghost reviews, but somehow I only have the 2nd badge for 50 ghost reviews:

I’ve also apparently done something like 11k reviews (at least since stats started being tracked), and I’ve always had ghosts set to at least “minimum,” so… either someone’s mistaken, or something’s definitely not working as intended :eyes:

5 Likes

I definitely have a Exorcist III badge, but I also got it will I still had ghost reviews on full, I moved them to minimum maybe a month back and I haven’t gotten even one ghost review since then. (I have also been a bit more liberal with the oops button, but still it seems much harder to get a ghost review with minimum.)

4 Likes

I have about 6k reviews total with ghosts fully on and only have the second badge. With how many ghosts I see all the time, I feel like I should’ve surpassed it by now, but? xD

3 Likes

@Kai I have the same problem. I should definitely have that badge by now. I should have probably had it best part of a year ago :joy:

2 Likes

I killed hundreds of ghosts for sure, but never received the third badge… I have ghosts set at maximum too.
If the requirement to receiving it is 100 ghosts killed, then it is likely a bug @mrnoone

5 Likes

I have to wonder…is there some kind of scheduled task that hasn’t been running lately? My subscription lapsed three days ago and I’m still able to do reviews. In this thread we see achievements staying locked, and in another thread people are finding that their paid subscriptions aren’t unlocking.

2 Likes

I’m trying to make a self study entry, but the English is repeated 4 times on the edit tab and review. Only the last line shows the highlighting. If I delete the English and save the entry I get a quick flash in the input box of the other text with some HTML but can’t see how I can access it to delete it.

Edit: My error, I see what happened now. That input is actually a multiple line text editor, so allowing it to expand to fit the content would be more helpful. When I’ve pasted in the text from elsewhere it included a carriage return and I thought it didn’t paste because the text scrolled out of the visible area. So I’ve pasted it multiple times thinking that it wasn’t working.

2 Likes

@Kai, @conan, @matt_in_mito, @Kuromaku Thank you all for your reports. We are looking in to what might be the issue with the Exorcist III badge. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@jacobalbano We apologize for the confusion. There is actually a two-day grace period for those using the trial to decide whether or not they would like to subscribe and a four-day grace period for subscribers to renew their subscription. This not only allows you to get the most out of your trial/subscription, but allows us time to manually update accounts where users have subscribed through PayPal. ¹

From the FAQ:

With PayPal, we have to manually process payments which can lead to a delay between when you subscribe and when we can apply it to your account. We usually are able to take care of this within an hour, but sometimes it can take up to a full day.

We appreciate your concern and hope to see you back soon! Cheers!

¹This is for users who are subscribing with PayPal for the first time or have auto renewal turned off

@Kokusaibu Thank you for your suggestion! We will see what we can do about making the Self-Study forms more intuitive/expandable. Cheers!

Edit: Updated information about PayPal for clarity.

5 Likes

Using the Firefox Stylus extension I’ve changed the .wysihtml5-sandbox class to max-height: 70px and height: 90px which works well for me. It shows a few lines and the scroll arrows appear if you type more. It’s actually handy being able to use multiple lines for the English explanation.

Also there are some login issues due to both the www and non-www subdomains being in use. Consider redirecting all requests to one or the other.

For example, as suggested by Google search results I’ve been using www.bunpro.jp

But on the Review pages, the links to the related Lesson are the full non-www URL https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/*** when they ideally should be relative URLs like /grammar_points/***

When clicking those links the user is requested to login again, this time via the non-www domain.

4 Likes

Hey, developers, for the last week and a half or so, my almost daily problem with getting answers counted as wrong when using the backspace button to correct has totally disappeared! It hasn’t even happened once! I’ve done nothing myself to alleviate the problem, so have you guys done magical things in the background, or is this divine intervention? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It seems my streak was lost over night? I had 60-something going but I come back today and see I am back to 1. I looked at my browser history from yesterday and it shows I did my reviews, but if it look at my stats it shows I didn’t.

3 Likes

There was a time change recently. Perhaps that’s related?

3 Likes