Feedback - Bug Reports

Hi, I’m new to Bunpro so hopefully this is the right place for noting minor issues for correction :slightly_smiling_face:.

Within the grammar point for “は As for… (Highlights sentence topic)” there may be a minor typo (an extra は) in the 2nd caution block:

“, when は more than one は is used in a sentence,” maybe should be
“, when more than one は is used in a sentence,”

1 Like

Fixed :slight_smile:
Thanks!

2 Likes

Fisrt time I got a bug in bunpro.

In the lesson

し~し and, giving reasons

this appears in the sentence:

1 Like

@evandcs hank you for the feedback!
I have fixed it!
Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This may not be a bug - I’m new and potentially just misunderstanding the UI.

I have attached three images just in case there is some information to help in any stage of the process. The potential bug is in the first image:

Next Review
1 minute

る-Ver…
Times Correct: 0
Next Review: 33 minutes

The review in the end was not “る-Ver…”. Again, perhaps there is some circumstance I just don’t know about as a new user, but thought I’d report nonetheless.

Edit: I have this again now, so I’m now heavily leaning towards this not being a bug, and instead just my misunderstanding of the UI

This is a minor bug… I had my browser Firefox with the view zoomed in 120% and it messed with some of the spacing.

Tapping a word to toggle furigana doesn’t work with the new vocab update. Using iOS safari.

The answer I always write for this is “tou ku arimasen,” which is correct, but I’m curious about the alternate answer. Looks incorrect, but perhaps I’m missing something? Cheers!

Both ありません and ないです are polite forms of a verb in its negative form, so either work here. I believe ありません is slightly more polite than ないです though. So,

遠くありません - “Is not far” - Polite
遠くないです - “Is not far” - Polite
遠くない - “Is not far” - Casual

Thanks for the reply. I’m good with the grammar understanding. My “bug” reporting is why is the kanji for “far” and an open parentheses " ( " included in the answer field? If the alternate answer was just “とおくないです,” I would understand, but why the " 遠 ( " at the beginning of the answer?

2 Likes

Oh okay, yeah that’s a typo/bug. I should have mentioned that in my above post. But yeah, it’s just a typo on their end. Parentheses in Japanese are pretty much used just like they are in English from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

Good deal, thanks. I reported it a couple of weeks ago on the actual page, but I think this thread here will probably give it more visibility. Cheers and happy holidays, Josh!

3 Likes

@SFJerry Hey :santa:

I have fixed the bug!
Cheers and Merry Christmas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Noone-Sensei! メリークリスマス to you, as well! :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Might just be me but

I think it would be better to split the Synonyms in multiple rows instead of cramming them like that in a single row.

2 Likes

I guess this is a bug, for the sentences in lesson

といってもいい

you could say, you might say

退院 doesnt show as furigana, but together in the sentence

1 Like

Hey @evandcs !
Fixed!
Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Certain grammar points that don’t have audio no longer say “this audio is coming soon”. I’m not entirely sure if it’s that the audio is just bugged for this grammar point, or if “this audio is coming soon” is just bugged and is not showing up.

There’s an issue with the N4 grammar point か within a sentence, I believe it’s lesson 6 18/19. The play button was there, and then when I refreshed the page it disappeared, so I’m not entirely sure if that ended up affecting other grammar points as well.

Just got this review, I didnt know what the question wanted me to do until I checked the answer. Might just be me but I found it rather confusing

The scaling of the Review Activity tab does not align with the rest of the UI anymore

On a side note, how does one change the profile picture on the main page anyway?