Feedback - General

Came across this today. Feels like it could be useful in Bunpro?

5 Likes

There are some really annoying bugs on the current version. For example, double tapping text in a post to highlight it zooms instead.

Plus having these forums so inconsistent from others I use like WaniKani is really jarring.

2 Likes

Indeed. These forums seem to be abandoned since quite a while.
On the other hand, the bugs reported during reviews always get fixed quickly.

1 Like

@mrnoone I really don’t understand some of the English translations for にしたがって. What does the below sentence actually mean? I’d really like to see some of these translations changed/clarified.

Is this hint for the wrong sentence? There’s nothing about a pay raise in this sentence.

1 Like

Hey :grin:

I have fixed the hint. :+1:

And changed the sentence to:
クラスメイトの言うことにしたがって意地悪をしてはいけません。
Still thinking about translation but it should be more clear now.

:bowing_man:

3 Likes

(filler) - Tobira Chapter 12・Bunpro N3, Lesson 5

(casual よ ) - Tobira Chapter 12・Bunpro N3, Lesson 7

さ- Interjection - Tobira Chapter 12・Bunpro N3, Lesson 3

Should all these not be listed as related grammar on each other’s pages?

2 Likes

Fixed :+1:

Cheers!

2 Likes

@Pushindawood Is there any plan to show the Bunpro lesson number even when looking at a lesson through a path? I’d like to still see it along with the path chapter number.

4 Likes

Question: When I learn new grammar points, after how many hours will I see them for the first time in my reviews?

1 Like

You are going to see them 4 hours after you getting the right for the first time. Here are the current SRS intervals:

They need some slight tweaking though as the gap between a couple later intervals is too long.

@seanblue That shouldn’t be a hard fix. I will look into it.

5 Likes

I can’t see that page :frowning:
Which post of the BunPro Wanikani thread is it?

1 Like

@Pep95 I have updated the post to link to the Bunpro FAQ page instead. Cheers!

3 Likes

I think “want to go and see” would be a better translation here. Otherwise just 行きたい would be enough.

Under 例えば

1 Like

It might be meant as 行ってみる, but in that case it probably shouldn’t be using 見る’s kanji.

2 Likes

This feels like a bad example for potential form. It may cause confusion between 見える and 見られる.

4 Likes

Question about this card.

「この本は誰の?」
「先週に来たお客さんの 。」

Genki taught me that you do not use に with expressions defined relative to the present moment, so why is に used after 先週 here? Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey :smiley:

That is right, though Japanese often use に with words like 先週 for emphasis though.

I think it is fairly common (though it is not a case for 今日).

Cheers,

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation!

3 Likes

Right now the only way to access the self-study sentences is to go through a specific grammar point’s lesson page. My question is, does that means that created sentence will be tied to that specific grammar point?

I want to add some sentences for grammar points that aren’t yet available on Bunpro, but I don’t want them to mess up another grammar point’s SRS or whatever.

3 Likes

@lopicake Review sentences that you create in Self Study are only listed on the Grammar Point page and do not affect the SRS of the Bunpro reviews associated with those items. Self-study questions also do not affect one another; they are all on separate SRS intervals. Therefore, if you add eight sentences to a grammar point at the same time, they will appear in your reviews as if they were all added from eight separate grammar points at the same time. I hope that makes sense! Let me know if you have any further questions. Cheers!

Edited for clarity.

4 Likes