Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

@seanblue Thank you for your feedback and suggestion. We will see what we can do! Cheers!

@Anthropos888 Thank you for your feedback. We will be pushing a fix for the spacing and disproportional text sizes in Study mode soon. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@Kumi Thank you for your response to @esbe! @esbe If you have any further questions, suggestions or feedback, we would love to hear them. Cheers!

@madmalkav Thank you for your suggestion! Links to the grammar points’ forum discussions will open in a new tab once we push our next update. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@Ambo100 That is a fantastic suggestion! This is also something that we have talked a lot about and would love to incorporate into Bunpro. As you suspected, it is something that will take some time to implement, but we hope to have this feature available to you in the future. Cheers!

@jprspereira Hey! Welcome to the Bunpro forums. It is nice to see you here!

1 Like

Since Bunpro is already a great JLPT prep tool, I thought wouldn’t it be helpful if there was a multiple choice review option?

From what I understand the JLPT grammar portion is formatted in this way, and having this available would allow users to test themselves on the nuances between more difficult grammar points. Right now I’m using drill books for this purpose, but it would be neat if Bunpro included something like this as well.

Though making it would be a lot of work, and would be a major update to the Bunpro system I expect. Maybe even just the option to make our own multiple choice quizzes on the site would be useful. Thanks for reading! :nerd_face:

3 Likes

They could have a separate practice test section with this feature? Might save them some coding work.

2 Likes

Yeah, that would be ideal!

@Jake Do you have a timeline feature planned so we can see when our reviews will show up without getting spoiled like we do by checking the “Show Upcoming Grammar” section?

1 Like

Do you mean like this?

1 Like

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I’ll check it out, but it would be nice if they made it an official feature.

3 Likes

We are happy to look into adding it as an official feature if there is a demand for it!

I probably wouldn’t be at the top of the list right now. Do you want something more specific than the “Next Hour” Next Day" numbers on your profile page?

2 Likes

Right, I want to know over at least a few day period when all my reviews will appear, but none of the details. I don’t want to know what items will appear, just when the items will appear. It’s important for the feature to be somewhat flexible, like being able to select the duration to show on the graph (within reason).

I think the Ultimate Timeline script on WaniKani is a good model:

2 Likes

I tried to do a quick search through the site for “mobile notification” but couldn’t find any posts.

This may be a miniscule request in comparison to others but it would be nice to have nofications that you have reviews on the mobile app.

I might be mistaken, but I think this feature is currently not functioning at the moment.

1 Like

Maybe it was suggested already, but I would love the for the correct answers to turn into the corresponding correct Kanji if available. For example if the correct answer is おぼえなくてはいけない, I would want the final sentence to display えなくてはいけない so that I can read the complete correct sentence once, instead of a soup of hiragana.

Just a suggestion and not an important one, whatever your priorities are now for the site, work on them first.

Love you like Koichi loves himself. :heart::heart::heart:

7 Likes

Can we suggest additional grammar points?

As I’m working through Tobira there’s quite a few grammar points that aren’t in BP. I know that, obviously, BP can’t cover everything so I’m not expecting much.

However I did come across a sentence that uses a grammar point that isn’t taught in BP but is used in an example sentence for another grammar point.

" 僕が 出て行けばいい んでしょう。悪のはの方なんだから。"

The grammar is testing ばいい, but the second sentence uses the のは~の方 grammar point which is not currently on BP.

Any chance you all could add it?

3 Likes

Yeah, I have added it to the to do list :+1:

3 Likes

I just had a weird idea. I have been using Anki for testing my listening comprehension with their core 2000 deck. The only problem is, that the sentences are very generic and シンプル SOV sentences without any interesting grammar points.

My suggestion is that you should add an Anki mode for listening comprehension. You already have the cool, long sentences with unique grammar and you have them voiced, all we need is a way to access a listening mode.

I often come across an awesome sentence that I would like to study for multiple reasons, be it audio, grammar or vocab, but if I get it right, I will never see it again. So I either have to get it intentionally wrong in order to add it to my ghost reviews or say good bye.

An Anki mode that gives us the audio and reveals the sentence at the press of a button would be awesome. With this, you would get much more use out of your recorded audio and written sentences.

5 Likes

@Nihonmir Thank you for your suggestions! We actually have the majority of review questions ready to accept/display kanji answers. We just have to do a little tweaking to make kanji input and output available to anyone that wishes to use a Japanese IME or simply wants to view the answer with kanji. Not sure that we can love you more than Koichi loves himself, but we certainly love you lots! :heart:

Audio reviews is definitely something that we can look into adding. Thank you for giving us a detailed description of what you have in mind. We will see what we can do. Cheers!

@lopicake Thank you for your suggestion! Cheers!

2 Likes

@Pushindawood On grammar pages, can you show when the next review will be? Probably at the bottom with this information:

1 Like

@seanblue Thank you for your suggestion! We will look into adding upcoming review information on the grammar point page. It will need to be hidden, like on the profile page, for those that do not want this information to influence their SRS. Cheers!

1 Like

I belive it would be nice if you added context tooltips to all of the options on the settings page. Most seems self-explanatory, but what for example does “unsubscribe” do?

@finn_a Thank you for your suggestion! We will add some additional tooltips to make things more clear. “Unsubscribe” in settings refers to email announcements that we periodically send out (these emails could contain privacy policy updates as well as future discount offers on subscriptions). If you would like to receive major updates/announcements via email, please choose “No” under “unsubscribe”. Cheers!