Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

Chapters 19 and 20 in the Genki II path both have いらっしゃる.

2 Likes

I think it’d be nice if the review forecast retained the time span that we had previously selected, or defaulted to hourly because I’d consider that the more immediately relevant information. :slight_smile:

It would also be nice if the “view community” button was in a place that didn’t require scrolling. Even just adding the old button back would be nice. I am aware that there is a button under the top right drop-down, but the physical exertion of that one extra click is extremely demanding. :’)

Also, the peak peeking out here mildly piques. (1920*1080)

It would be great if the cursor would automatically jump into the input field when starting reviews.
I’m pretty sure that’s how it already used to work, but since the new dashboard I always have to manually click the input field before typing text.

1 Like

I love the self-study tool, which allows me to add example sentences from other materials I use, but I often make mistakes when I’m typing that I don’t catch until I repeatedly get the review wrong. It would be nice to have a quick and easy edit option so that I don’t have to hunt down which grammar point I wrote the original sentence into.

It also might be nice to have a notes section on each grammar, where I can write personal notes about common mistakes I make, or notes from other materials as well. Right now, the only section that I know of where you can add your info is the self-study feature.

Otherwise, I really love the site! It’s made studying grammar so much easier!

2 Likes

This exists :slight_smile: Top left:

1 Like

Some people would benefit from new setting allowing them to disable some kind of hints after giving not exactly proper answer. Worth considering, I guess?

Adding something working other way around would be nice too. Option for extra hints after completely wrong answer? Or ability to try a few times with “oops” that would still mark it wrong even if i got it at third attempt? That would benefit me personally.

here is discussion on the topic:

@ggw1776

I was searching for the 「げ - seemingly」point, using “ge” and げ, and it didn’t show on the “ge” results. (“ge” results went for two screens)

screen caps

Is this grammar point missing from Bunpro?
Verb-ますように

EDIT: there’s this, but all the examples use plain form.
https://www.bunpro.jp/grammar_points/638

1 Like

Do you mean this?

Or this?

I don’t think it really matters whether it’s plain or ます, or do you think it has a special meaning when you use ます?

1 Like

The ように祈る grammar linked by @FredKore seems to have a note and a sentence ending in ますように… is that new? I think it would have helped me a lot when I first saw it in the wild (unfortunately I discovered bunpro too late for N4 though).

The reason why I had trouble puzzling it out was just that I didn’t trust my judgment. We learn that ます is only used at the end, and I also wasn’t sure what the missing part after ように would be. Eventually it all falls into place but this is so common that I think it’s great to point it out explicitly for people around N4.

1 Like

Oh dang, I didn’t even see that.

@nekoyama @Pep95 Agreed that ように is related, but that note about ますように is what I’m driving at. At least, this comment started because when I searched for ますように, nothing showed up in the results.

1 Like

I think it is good idea to keep ように祈る and ますように melded together, but rather than putting it a footnote, it should be in the structure section instead.

I do not know if someone did not mention it before, but I miss some global counter for ghost reviews. It would be great if it could be on dashboard, divided by jlpt levels, something like this: Next to JLPT progress graph

Now when I often have about 70 ghosts it is really hard for me to decide whenever to start new points (from my learning method’s point of view having ghosts from last ~ 80grammar points is not problem at all).

Also it would be great if you could add possibility to edit (locally) sentences translations. Sometimes I have dilema of using “oops” button when I miss review by wrong understand of sentence. (I know it is problem with my english (and that majority of japanese N3+ grammar I’ve “learnt” J-J), not with bunpro translations)

Also something minor: During christmas, I’ve forgot report missing badge for aquired 60lvl - could you add it?

4 Likes

Maybe it’s just me (or maybe someone has mentioned it already?), but the past tense in Bunpro drives me crazy. I just had the following sentence:

After discussing it with a friend, we have reached the point that we can decide.

So we ‘have’ reached a point now, but… Bunpro wants me to use past-tense. I don’t see any clou in that sentence why I should need past tense. (I’m not native English tho.)

And it is not just that sentence. A lot of sentences are this way, even if it’s more obvious from the context. (Should I slow down my reviews? Maybe.) For other things there are flags and hints around the word, like ‘casual’ and ‘polite’ and stuff. Is it doable to add those for ‘past’ too? It would help me focus on the actual grammar point instead of った vs る etc.

2 Likes

The summary after a batch quizz or a review contains much more grammar points than the one learned in the batch or reviewed in the review. Could you either include only the last learned or review grammar points in the summary or make them easily distinguishable from the other ones?

Would it be possible to implement a sort of custom Cram set? Being able to save a few grammar points that are similar as a ready made set to study would be nice, instead of having to always choose what to cram for.

Does not bookmarking helps with that?

I mean specifically for an option for cramming, where you have a ready made set to study. If you were to book mark several groups of study items, then how would that make it easier to chose specific grammar points?

1 Like

Good point :hugs:

And on top of that bookmarks don’t seem to work with cram anyway. I am shock to find that out 0_o

1 Like