Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

When will we be able to create lists in cram, it says it’s coming soon, but was just wondering if there is a timeline. Thank you

1 Like

Welcome to the forums!

No timeline yet unfortunately…
We need to add Vocab support to Cram first.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply. No, it doesn’t work for me. I’m using the firefox extension, if that helps. It works well on all the other text on the site, the grammar points in the content page is the only thing that I can’t highlight properly.
And it’s a shame really because I often find myself scanning the yet to be learned points to see if I recall earing them before, for example.

1 Like

Hey @Asher, sorry to constantly bother you, but it seems like it’s still not fixed…

1 Like

Hi,

Is this still in the works? Would love to have an update.

1 Like

I love that I can look up grammar directly in the readings – it’s super useful! (I think someone mentioned this earlier in this thread, but it’d be great to be able to add vocabulary from the readings too.)

I don’t know how feasible this is, but it’d be amazing to have the ability to upload my own text and have Bunpro do a kind of sentence parsing for vocab + grammar. I already have other websites I use, but it’d be nice to just streamline and having everything in one place haha.

2 Likes

Where exactly are you referring to?
By content page, do you mean the Grammar index, here?

If so, then yeah that page is notoriously broken…
It’s on our agenda to revamp. Until then unfortunately you’re gonna have to sit tight!

1 Like

I would love sentences using the Kansai Dialect Deck
And more dialects in general.

Please Korean/Chinese Bunpro :pleading_face:

4 Likes

I personally think the SRS system is to forgiving. So I would like to be able to modify it a bit in settings.
Mainly I think items advance to quickly and achieve a high level even though I’m not that proficient.
I would like a setting which allows adjustment on how many SRS levels a point drops by when a wrong answer is accepted.

Because I would like the points to drop by 2 levels if I accept an incorrect answer.

4 Likes

That’s it. Got it! Then I will say that one more thing I would like to do on that page is bookmarking grammar points without having to open them.
(Related to this: it would be cool if there was an option to prioritize bookmarked items when learning new grammar points)

1 Like

Haven’t read the entire thread so apologies if this has already been mentioned.

“As an intermediate student working on N3 and N2 grammar, I want to be able to select similar grammar points and compare/contrast them to understand the difference in nuance and use.”

Rather than type it in, I want BP to show me what the related grammar points are, to select some of those semantically similar grammar points, chuck them in AI and have the differences / similarities explained.

3 Likes

“As a Japanese learner who is interested in taking JLPT exams, I would like the ability to answer JLPT-like test questions where there are multiple answers with different grammar points”

Perhaps a bank of JLPT style questions could be generated, by AI?, reviewed/curated by a native speaker and added to the site.

My ideal scenario is to use BP to select multiple grammar points (or select ‘groups’ of similar grammar points - for example N4’s てある、ておく、ていく、てくる、まま), and be able to have explanations on their differences (see above) or to answer questions (from a question bank / freshly created).

Appreciate these recent suggestions are perhaps very challenging, but I thought about what would really make a big difference to my BP experience.

2 Likes

I use wanikani as well, and something that Tsurukame app for ios does well is it gives you the option to auto switch to a japanese keyboard layout and switch back when done.

Is this something that can be done in Bunpro?

I think this was asked previously, but I can’t find the answer. Is there an option to do grammar/vocab review only?

Hi!

I don’t know if this is exactly what you are asking for but, if you press the down arrow in the review box, you can choose which reviews you want to do. HTH!

1 Like

Hello

I’m new here :slight_smile: Why are there no links to Genki 3rd Edition? Is there a reason for that ? I would love to subscribe, but BP seems to be very outdated like this. Is it regulary updated?

Maybe the 3rd edition is already in BP and I’m just too stupid to find it :smile:

2 Likes

Take a look under ‘decks’ in the menu at the top

2 Likes

Hmm I dont see this on my phone. Do I have to be on a PC?

2 Likes

Yes, sorry should have said that was on the website. If you can select ‘Content’ at the bottom and then ‘Decks’… I’m able to see the same thing on my phone.

2 Likes

Hmm I dont have that option for some reason

2 Likes