Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

Hi @veritas_nz !

Starting yesterday, I’ve noticed that this feature you so kindly included is no longer available.

Is there any reason for this?

良い週末を

BTW, as you can see, the “All Reviews At X Time Per Day” feature works like a marvel. :pray:t2:

1 Like

A little oddity that I noticed with the long readings of kanji:

Seems that it creates a spacing that shouldn’t really be there because of ruby tags. At least this happens on my browser (latest Brave). This happens to be one of those 5-morae kun’yomi so it’s especially visible :smiley:

Also I want raise hand once again for hiding english TL on lesson pages. When I uncover those for example sentences, I can’t hide them anymore, as the button is gone.

2 Likes

Hey guys, is there a way to replay audio of the sentence you answer correctly in the review? I can’t seem to find a button anywhere to replay the audio for shadowing purposes. If there isn’t a way could such a thing be added? Thanks.

1 Like

You can press p to play the audio

1 Like

that clicking on a tab in the info page scrolls you to the item instead of opening a tab is highly unintuitive and not logical. even after a while iam not used to this and often need a second to orient myself again.

1 Like

@Yumari-1 Hi there!

Seems that it creates a spacing that shouldn’t really be there because of ruby tags

Yeah the ruby tag thing is a bit annoying…
I’ve tried to fix it before in the past, but it’s pretty hard to do so while keeping things compatible between browsers while still using the default browser implementation of ruby tags.

If anyone finds an example of it implemented without this issue, I might be able to fix it!

Sorry, are you able to explain this one a bit more?

1 Like

Whoops! Degradation error while trying to fix the other bug :woozy_face:

Fixed it. You should see it appear again in the coming few days :+1:

2 Likes

What I meant is that the lesson page has some example sentences. Now, some of them are the initial ones which are plainly visible and you can’t hide them no matter what. I wrote a crude userscript to do that, so it looks like this when it loads:

And yup, the “Lisachi” extra button handles switching between hidden/visible :smiley: I think it’s cool to be able to hide them, I’m also pretty sure it was brought up some time ago in this thread. I also chimed in with this idea. “Lisachi” button only covers the initial sentences though, as they were easy to tackle. The vanilla page for いたす looks like so:

Then, there are the study sentences on which you’re getting quizzed later on. Those have the option to be hidden:

Those are nice as they don’t spoil things for you, but…

Once you click to uncover, the button gets thanos’d into nothingness :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I think it’d be neat to have the button stay there so you can hide the TL again if you want to.

In my super-crude script it looks quite basic:

You can switch between visible/hidden there too. One thing I need to figure out is the extra hints, because they currently get eaten by my replacement. So it’d definitely be neat to have this out of the box.

2 Likes

Ahhhh I see!
We’re going to make some internal changes to how these work very shortly.

I’ll see if I can make the Example Sentences inside of the Writeup (the lesson section you mentioned) first-class citizens, with Hide/Show buttons + Audio.

2 Likes

That’s very cool to hear, definitely crossing fingers for these. Thanks!

I would love it if whilst doing reviews, when an unfamiliar vocabulary word appears in a sentence, you could click the word which opens a pop up where you could bookmark it or even add it to reviews?

It’s only a small thing as it’s easy to have a separate tab open and search for new words when you come across them, but it would really help with not interrupting the flow of doing reviews.

3 Likes

I think that’s already in the works

Alternatively and in the mean time, you can look into Yomichan to look up the vocab on the same page in a popup without breaking flow

2 Likes

おはようございます。

It is back already. Thank you very much! :pray:t2:

お疲れ様でした。良い一日を

1 Like

Can we have a Last Studied Point button somewhere? Or even a small history the last points?

One of the very best things I have been doing recently, is re-reading the descriptions of all points at least once. The only problem is the fact that I have to scroll down the grammar points search page until I find the last one I studied. That page loads slowly and has very limited filters.

2 Likes

Also for grammar.

Please could we have a hotkey to toggle furigana when doing reviews?

Ideally, one hotkey which shows all furigana just while the hotkey is held down / being touched, and say the key next to it just doing a straightforward all furigana toggle on/off when pressed.

It’s mainly for after submitting an answer to a review, only then I sometimes want to see the furigana without having to move the pointer over each kanji in turn.

4 Likes

¿Something like this?

If you select ‘Show Kanji’ and the press SHIFT, you can toggle between furigana on and off.

3 Likes

Another vote here to have the Bunpro App automatically switch to Japanese input (Keyboard) method when reviewing with fill-in mode.

(On iOS)

1 Like

Speaking of furigana, hide furigana on reading reviews espcially for the vocab word. Sometimes I get a reading question with furigana already visable, with furigana turned off. I’ll take a screenshot next time it happens.

1 Like

Would it be possible to allow some kind of line breaks or carriage returns when typing in self-study sentences? I tried copy-pasting in line break characters, of course, but that didn’t work. I’m trying to add some for それなら and there’s no way to do that without multiple speakers in an example sentence, which looks awkward.

2 Likes