Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

I think the structure should be updated to show that も is not always attached with nouns. Especially like this case where there is already another particle を。

2 Likes

For some reason there is no audio although I have audio autoplay on. I do use bunny and focus mode in case that matters. It would be great to hear the audio both when I write the correct answer or the incorrect one.

Thank you,
Alex

https://community.wanikani.com/t/all-natural-synthetic-poll-substitute-made-from-all-natural-synthetic-ingredients-that-only-dungeoneer-knows-how-to-make/34653/3490?u=lopicake

It’s a feature not a bug.

2 Likes

Seems that activating the bunny mode overrides the “audio autoplay on” setting. For me it makes more sense to be the other way around. If you want autoplay it should apply to all modes (if you don’t want audio autoplay you can just turn it off). This would also be consistent with lighting mode in Wanikani.

Anyhow, it would be great if it woud be possible to have audio autoplay also in bunny mode.

Cheers

1 Like

It doesn’t seem very “bunny mode” to wait for audio to play. Not that I care since I don’t use auto play or bunny mode. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I found out (by getting some review questions wrong) that I was getting mixed up between the grammar points について、にとって、にかんして、にたいして. Two amazing articles were elucidating: this and this. Maybe it would make sense to refer to them in the “Readings” ?

1 Like

Would a multiple choice feature be possible in the future? to further simulate JLPT and help us tell apart similar grammar.

1 Like

Would love a way to see if I’ve done my reviews for the day. I started up a new streak and was feeling pumped about it until I missed one day because I thought I already did my reviews for the day. :frowning: Maybe a different color for the number under “Study Streak” or something else? Just something simple to notify me so I can easily tell. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@aexencov The reason autoplay doesn’t work in bunny mode is because when it jumps to the next review, it cuts off the audio. Like @seanblue mentioned, waiting for the audio would slow you down. It is something I can look into but I can’t guarantee anything.

@blossom There is definitely benefits to be had from simulated JLPT reviews using multiple choice. It falls outside of our immediate goals, but would be something we can look to add down the road, maybe as a separate review mode.

Good idea! I will add that in when I rework the streak to use timezones.

5 Likes

The grammar points なくはない and ないことはない are extremely similar in nature and often I mistake one for the other during reviews. I think they should either be alternatives to each other or there should be a better hint about which one the review is asking for.

1 Like

@lopicake Thank you for drawing these two grammar points to our attention. We will see what we can do to clear up confusion when you encounter them in reviews. In the meantime, Bunpro now catches なくはない for ないことはない and ないことはない for なくはない instead of marking you incorrect. Thank you for all of your valuable feedback. Cheers!

2 Likes

@megatron0000 Great links! We have added them to their respective grammar point reading pages. Cheers!

1 Like

Another grammar point suggestion:

Verb + のでしたら / のであれば
“If it is that… / if it is the case that…”

Like in these sentences:
お申し込みなさるのでしたら、こちらにお並びください。

あなたが気に入らないのであれば、

その本を読み終えたのであれば、私が借りたいのですが。

Maybe it is just me, but this hint made this sentence way too easy. Some hint might be needed, but at least only say “adjective” rather than “na adjective”; although I won’t presume to know what would be a good hint, but this one meant like I felt like I got the answer served to me.

42%20

1 Like

I don’t think changing it to “Adjective” would change anything because
-both い and な adj will have the same answer in this case
-it’s obviously not an い adjective because it doesn’t end with an い

Maybe removing the hint all together is ok or honestly just writing a harder sentence.

1 Like

It’s still useful to test that you don’t do a conjugation in this case.

2 Likes

@blossom Unfortunately we have yet to come up with a good way to quiz for adjectives, for the most part, they just get plopped into the blank.

Our first iteration only had the blank and no hint and no vocab in [ ] but since we aren’t quizzing vocab retention, we decided to provide the adjective like we provide the verb.

I believe the [なAdj] hint might be an overlooked relic from that first iteration. I will remove it as I do not think it is needed.

2 Likes

The styling is messed up in the settings page. I think a way to fix this is to change the z-index attribute in the .tooltip class

2 Likes

Also regarding the settings page, I noticed that the Bunpro header is still in a black font (instead of white) in the dark theme, making it almost unreadable.

Hi,
Don’t know if this has been considered before but I’d like to suggest two new features for the cram section.

• No repeated sentences: avoid encountering the same sentence more than once in the same cram session

• No repeated grammar points: avoid encountering the same grammar point more than once in the same cram session.

Those two will be options selectable before starting the session. Selecting “no repeated grammar points” of course automatically includes “no repeated sentences”.

What do you think?

2 Likes