Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

Another suggestion for the Reading Practice section. It could be good to be able to display the notes without displaying the translation (for instance, by hovering over the note numbers). This way we could practice translating with a little help from the notes if needed, without being tempted to peep at the translation. Currently since both are displayed together (and the translation being before the notes) it is very tempting to peep while going to read the notes… (yes, I am weak… :sweat:)

5 Likes

Could you make it easier to find the Structure Legend?
I just spent near an hour trying to find this page and I still don’t know how to navigate the site to get to it without a direct link. I only found it after a google search that had it on page 4 of the results.
Either I’m blind or this useful piece of info is hidden. Why isn’t it just next to the FAQ link at the bottom of the page?
Or at least someone tell me how to navigate to it through this site

1 Like

It’s in the bottom right corner of the structure box.

Structure box? I don’t know where that is I guess. Or I don’t know what you are referring to. How does one get to a structure box

Oh the box is the grammar review section! I guess I never saw it. Still think it would be nice to have a link for it at the bottom of the page next to faq though.

1 Like

How about an official Discord? You are just not modern without it these days.
Also, for me posting in a forum feels so slow and formal.

Is there any way to view other users bunpro profiles (not the community profile)?

It would be nice to be able to show it on the community or to other friends learning with you.

3 Likes

I would like to be able to cram my ghosts

5 Likes

I would like to be able to hide the Japanese in the example sentences by default, so that I can listen to it first and then read it to check, similar to the English on there.

1 Like

Sorry if it’s been suggested before, but I’d like to throw in a suggestion for something I think would improve the Cram feature: lists.

Instead of having to pick out what to cram every single time, let people create (maybe share eventually?) custom lists of things to cram. Add a button to grammar points and to review answers (so the screen that highlights your answer as correct or incorrect during a review) to add that particular point to a cram list.

That way people can very easily go back to points they think they need to brush up on from the screens they use the most often, rather than have to navigate the full list of grammar points.

Allowing the creation of multiple lists lets people easily swap between cram sessions, too. I find that sometimes if I add too many items to a cram session I get quizzed repeatedly on the same grammar point and a different one never comes up, but adding only specific items to a session takes a long time. If I can make and save cram lists, I can have say, grammar 10 points per list instead, making it more likely I’ll get through all of them.

I think the cram feature is probably the single most useful feature for me on this website, but it’s such a hassle to use right now that I end up not using it as much as I’d like.

I learn best by repetition, so cramming helps me commit grammar points to memory a lot faster. I also learn best by doing instead of reading, so just bookmarking grammar points doesn’t cut it for me. I actually don’t even look at the explanation for a grammar point, personally. I just jump straight to quizzes - I can get the general gist of what something means through quizzing alone, and if I’m still unsure about something, then an explanation helps me.

(I know what works for me isn’t necessarily what works for everyone, but I hope explaining how I learn is still useful feedback either way.)

4 Likes

2nd this! I’ve had the same thought before, lists would be great.

1 Like

@Scytaerie

Cram Lists are actually on our…list! :partying_face:

6 Likes

That’s great news! In that case I’d just reiterate the suggestion to have a button to quick add something to cram from the review results, since for me personally that’s always when I think “I don’t know this well enough, I should cram it.”

1 Like

First of all, thank you for your hard work on the site.

I would love to be able to postpone a single review, either similar to the “bury” button on Anki, or better yet, simply pushing that review to the end of the queue.

This is useful in some situations, such as wanting to trim down the number of reviews by focusing on the ones one feels comfortable with, without getting stuck in the harder reviews.

By being able to push the review to the end the user can continue studying without feeling demotivated or stuck.

6 Likes

I’m not sure if this has been requested or not, and I’m not sure if this will be a very sought after feature, but I’d still like to throw it out here anyways.

So I’m learning Japanese through acquisition, so I’m not outputting the language at all. It’d be really nice to have an option that allows for the grammar to show up with the sentence and the review would be based off of figuring out its meaning in English.

Regardless of whether or not this feature can be implemented isn’t a deal breaker for me though. I can still this style of review by hiding hints and entering in a wrong answer so I can see the grammar and review it from there.

Thanks for all the hard work you all do! I really love using Bunpro.

1 Like

But how it should be checked if it’s right answer or not?
Also, you can join this topic, I think you’ll like it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, it’d be more of an Anki styled review. It’d be based off of your own discretion. I realize that this doesn’t work for everyone though since it’s natural to say you felt you were close enough and pass it, even though you technically got it wrong. That’s not really an issue for me though because my goal is to learn grammar and have an understanding of it for when it comes up when I’m listening, I’m not trying to output the language yet.

Anyways, I don’t expect them to put the time into a feature that most people won’t use, but I thought I might throw the suggestion out there just in case other people are looking for something similar.

1 Like

Just wanted to check in on whether there are any updates on this since it’s been two weeks. Do you have any updates on when the new audio might be released?

2 Likes

Will aim to get it all uploaded by Monday! All but 9 are recorded, so all but the last 9 will be up by Monday :blush:. The remaining 9 will be out by Saturday of the same week :partying_face:

Thanks for your patience! 🙇🏼‍♂️

4 Likes

Fantastic news! Waiting eagerly ^^

2 Likes