Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

When doing reviews it would be nice to have a way to go to the page for the grammar point as the explanation is usually more in depth there.

1 Like

While I do believe the review page points should have the write-ups, if you click the (for example) N5: Lesson 1 underlined text at the bottom it’ll open up the full page.

2 Likes

Is there a ‘general’ place to store self-study questions? I’m one of the nutty users who puts a ton of self-study sentences in - I think I had the Anki IV badge before the rebrand, and I’m closing in on the Self Study 1000 badge - because I like using Bunpro better than pretty much any other SRS. But I have trouble sometimes tracking down a good place to put stuff (e.g. I’m looking at the 1st section of Genki II Chap 20 right now, “Extra-modest Expressions”, and these are pretty much -Ru and -U verbs, I guess, but they’re kind of their own thing, and I wouldn’t want to spread them out among other conjugations, I’d want to kind of keep them together as their own entity), so I’m wondering if there could be maybe be

1. Personal Grammar Points: Create your own, personal grammar points (and that could be a nice feedback loop, where a user who builds out their own point with reading examples and sentences could, like, submit it for official Bunpro inclusion)

2. General Bucket for Self-Study: just a personal sandbox where you could just put any old Self Study sentences you want, just dump 'em all in there, regardless of it it’s attached to a grammar.

Then again, I guess a user could fake a Self-Study ‘General’ sandbox by grabbing the very first “だ” grammar point or something and using that as a dumping ground. So maybe never mind. But I do think it might be worthwhile to be able to self-create grammar points, particularly as more advanced users get beyond grammar (e.g. how words conjugate) and into usage patterns (e.g. which verb/nouns make sense together, like “take a shower, take a bath, take a test”).

2 Likes

I vote for this too. Custom grammar points or a disaster bucket would be nice to have down the line.

The “Structure Legend” looks too cluttered in my opinion. Adding some top and bottom padding to the rows & alternating the background color would help a lot with readability.

The first row has this â€œç«‹ă€ ç«‹ăŁăŸ ç«‹ăŸăȘい ç«‹ăŸăȘかった” crammed into one cell with 3 lines, broken up in the middle of the conjugations. Adding line breaks after each conjugation would make it much easier to read, and only increase the height of the cell by 1 line.

Some of the “Japanese” column cells could be changed in the same way.

The “Japanese” and “Example” columns should have toggleable furigana.

The “English” column should be a little more wide. Most of those cells could easily be one line long.

Lastly, I think there’s a typo in the potential form row, â€œćŻèƒœçł»â€ should be â€œćŻèƒœćœąâ€, right?

2 Likes

Could the hint mode tell me whether the verb is ichidan or godan る.

1 Like

I dont know if anyone has asked before but would be possible to add JLPT mock up tests?

I know there are apps like todai (paid), but it is an app and like studying in a small screen is not my thing. Doing in a proper website would be way better.

And after the inclusion of those 9k sentences, I think these mockup would be a nice addition as well.

3 Likes

I’m not sure how realistic this request will be since it’s somewhat off-site, but I think it’d be really nice if a Bunpro dictionary could be made for browser based dictionaries like Yomichan. I’m not sure how difficult this would be to do, but even if it simply just linked the grammar point I think that’d be really helpful.

1 Like

Suggestion:

• Drop gravatar for privacy concerns for own implementation.
2 Likes

Easy but important: make the forecast a hybrid showing reviews due by hour for today and daily due for the rest of the week

You can use the “Hourly/Daily” toggle to see either or. Is that what you are looking for?

Too much work, it would be nice to see both at once like WaniKani. Much cleaner and less redundancy

Last sentence in より~たæ–čが

hello, PLEASE add the option to skip a review and put it back in queue. like above the “finish” button

4 Likes

Is there possiblyy a script or some other way to automatically summarize how many reviews one has done during this year?

3 Likes

An “end of the year summary” type thing sounds pretty cool actually :o

5 Likes

I second that. When I forget something on Anki, I like to just skip it and think about it while doing other reviews. (You can’t skip on Anki, but if you do ctrl-z and do the last card again, you may get a different one afterwards)

2 Likes

I know one can connect Bunpro with Wanikani to get furigana only for the kanji one hasn’t studied yet. However, I don’t use Wanikani, I use Anki for all my kanji studies.

It would be great to be able specify a custom list of “known” kanji and get furigana for all other kanji. It’s a breeze to export such a list from Anki. Satori reader has this feature, and it made my reading a lot more comfortable.

Thanks,
Narfi

3 Likes

Here is my feature suggestion

2 Likes

not sure if anyone has ever needed something like this but (Sentence Search option)?

The other day I came across something in some manga and thought hmm
this is new - it’s not part of bunpro (noun suffix) but made sense and recalled there was a sentence that had a similar idea but not using the noun suffix
but honesty don’t remember which grammar point it was because it was within the sentence itself 
and the general search doesn’t search sentences.

Is there a sentence search option? or is this something anyone might even use
 I remember specific words in the sentence but not which grammar point it belonged so, thus a search would work perfectly if I typed in a few words and it would hunt and find

1 Like