GrammarInTheWild - October 2021

T

It’s a response to fan letter I received some time ago.

U

これはロボットが書いた文ものの、一杯な感情がある。

Summary

Since this time is very difficult, I’m not sure if translating in that way is a good translation.

3 Likes

October 19th Translation

Notes :
When a verb is describing a noun, it is important to remember that it will never be in the ます・ません forms. These forms can only be used at the end of sentences, or before some specific phrases such as ので.

4 Likes

October 20th
う - Verbs[ない]

Text :
右の取扱い表示のある衣料品には使わない。

7 Likes
Summary

Don’t use this on any clothes that have any of the symbols on the right.

6 Likes
Summary

"First, check before washing:

Do not use on clothes with right side treatment tag(indication)"

No idea what the ‘right side’ is describing?

5 Likes

This one is confusing.

translation

Don’t use on clothing showing right handling

5 Likes
Translation

Do not use with clothing having the handling indication on the right.

Use case

危ながらない人は危ないことが怖くない。

Use case's translation

@s1212z これはロボットが書いた文ものの、一杯な感情がある。
Although this text has been written by a robot, it is filled with emotion.

5 Likes
T

In regards to the right-hand side treatment indication of clothing, it is not used. As well as because it has natural detergent.

U

今日お金がない。

Summary

People that don’t seem dangerous, no danger is not scary.

I know I’m misunderstanding…help!

5 Likes

Make sure before laundry
① Don’t use it for clothes having the laundry symbols shown to the right. (And “wash with a neutral detergent​” label.)
② This product contains optical brightener. Light-colored clothes made out of cotton or linen will lose its color, so please use detergents without optical brightener for them.
③ In order to prevent gathering non-dissolved brightener, try to not concentrate it one place when you sprinkle it directly over your clothes.
④ For clothing that could lose its color, apply concentrated liquid on a discreet place for around 5 min. If the color changed or discolored, don’t use this detergent​.
● We recommend to rinse your clothes two times.

4 Likes

October 20th Translation

Notes :
Words that have condensed okurigana like 取扱い (regularly 取り扱い) are extremely common in Japanese, and can require some time to get used to. If the second kanji in a kanji construction has the regular okurigana, it is likely that the first kanji will also be read as its regular kunyomi.

5 Likes

October 21st
てしまう

Text :
先に行く者と後に行く者とで条件に差が付いてしまう

7 Likes
Translation

The conditions for the person who goes before and the person who goes after will unfortunately end up being different.

6 Likes
Translation

Unfortunately a significant difference of conditions will arise between the one who goes first and the one who goes later.

Use case

ダイエットをしていますがおかしが美味しそうだから食べてしまいました。

Use case's translation

@s1212z 今日お金がない。
I don’t have money today.

4 Likes
My use case

I wanted to say: “People who are not easiy scared (危ながらない人) don’t fear dangerous things.”

3 Likes
Summary

There will be a big requirement difference for the one who goes first and who goes after.

5 Likes
Back after a few days strictly SRS'ing due to being very sick

There will be a difference in requirements between those who go before and after.

5 Likes

The earlier​ passenger is suddenly a far cry from the one after.

4 Likes
T

There is a significant difference unfortunately between those who go ahead versus those who go later.

U

昨日僕が翻訳した文を間違えしまった。ちゃんと読まなかっただけ愚かい感じがある。。。とほほ

Summary

I’m dieting but since the sweets look so delicious I ate some (unfortunately).

That was my basic mistake…something about seeing ないこと made my brain catch fire.

3 Likes

October 21st Translation

Notes :
There are several words in Japanese to highlight differences between things. 差 is regularly used in negative situations, or when the difference is something that creates a barrier that is difficult to overcome.

6 Likes

October 22nd
し~し

Text :
先週も闇金業者が強盗にあったばっかだし、気を付けます。

6 Likes