Have you done your BunPro Review today?

Leveled up to 20 today!

I think I might be going a bit slow with adding grammar points because I see lots of people with big review queues (in the hundreds) and I’m sitting here trying not to let my ‘next day’ count get past the 20s and 30s :sweat_smile: It’s probably because studying new points takes so much time. I hope to finish N5 by early next month and do a huge cram session to really make it sink in and see what I need extra work on.

3 Likes

When it comes to Japanese-Japanese dictionaries, I am simply using websites like goo and alc.

2 Likes

Did my BP reviews. WK is taking a permanent backseat for the time being. I am way more focused on learning the relevant words for the book I’m reading (FloFlo) and the N2 (Torii).

Up to section 15 in Kanzen Master. : )

3 Likes

@jamie Thanks.

Yesterday turned into a great day for Japanese. WK and BP reviews. Got to level 19 here on BP.

10 new vocab on WK plus 20 radicals. Level 9 didn’t unlock with as much vocab so I’m planing to mix it up a bit, but with the biggest amount of lessons on vocab (except for yesterday).

Three new lessons on BP: てから, ないでください, and な. Really noticed how not hitting the four hour review on time meant I created ghosts for two of those lessons already. Haha. -.-’

I probably won’t finish N5 by Jan 31, but if I get back in the groove, I hope to be done only up to a week after that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Greetings.

WK is getting more and more challenging now, with multiple mnemonics for vocabulary words :sweat_smile: I’m glad to know that I can use the knowledge to build my own mnemonics for other vocab outside WK.

• I’m getting less and less reviews on BP for one day, so I’ll add 3 new lessons today. Still not clearing up ghosts, 6 left. I’ll worry about it and accuracy when I finished N4.
  • I’m still having trouble differentiating てくれる and てもらう, I’ll read all the sentences and study it tonight.

I wish cram session had inputs for how many to study and not randomly putting out the sentences. Many times I got the same sentences over and over again.

1 Like

Yesterday became an unplanned rest day. I guess that is appropriate for Sunday. I had lunch, a long walk and then tea with a friend. Did my reviews but didn’t get around to lessons. ^^

1 Like

Long time no check in.

Proud to say I’m on an 8-day streak in Bunpro, and I finished studying the last of the Genki vocab in Anki! Did 6 new kanji in KKLC over the weekend, so I’m up to #204.

4 Likes

Haven’t checked in here for a while. Been doing all my reviews, but not added any BP lessons for a while. WK I’m struggling through the level 11 kanji. Still 5 more to add, all the radicals guru’d. I tend to not use the mnemonics so struggle at the beginning with lots of failures till they stick. On Torii I’m trying to add up to 30 items a day, it helps that most of them are words I know, but when there is an alternate word for something I know another term for I struggle. Haven’t done any JP reading or writing for a while…

2 Likes

I’ve cleared up WK radical for the current level, had 54 lessons for the current level. I am thinking to go full speed to clear this level fast, since there’s only 50% left for the kanji :sweat_smile:

• Level up to 28, got my first exorcist badge. Reviews are still low for next day but won’t add new lessons because I had a lot of ghosts to tackle due to new lessons yesterday, I’ll study all the sentences tonight :sweat_smile:
  • Still confusing てくれる and てもらう if there’s short sentences.
  • Found out that feeling がる can be conjugated to present continuous form to がっている
  • No mistake on はじめる but confusing はじめる and はじまる

badge

3 Likes

Back into the swing yesterday. Reviews on WK and BP. 12 vocab and 3 kanji lessons on WK, trying out this method of spacing kanji out over several days instead of four batches of 10ish. I’ll see if I like it and if it gets me through vocab fast enough or if I’ll need to up the vocab. (Basically every 5 batch of lessons have 4 vocab and 1 kanji.)

Did three lessons on BP: てはいけない, たほうがいい, and ないほうがいい. Pretty glad both ほうがいい came together, but I almost always put て form for the first one. I have a feeling I will have a lot of ghosts for these…

1 Like

Did my reviews today.

I studied the first grammar point of Genki Chapter 21 (passive form) , and did the textbook exercises last night, so I added it to my reviews today.

1 Like

Did WK with no mistake. Feeling good, adding more lessons today :grin:
I got 1 mistake on BP, for conjugation command ないで. I don’t feel bad when I got the conjugation wrong :sweat_smile: at least I got the grammar part right.
No more lessons today so it will be slow day.

2 Likes

Good afternoon!

• Despite of having broken eyeglasses for two or three days, I hit 0 review today on BP!
  • I haven’t zeroed my reviews on WK. There are still 5 items left right now. Levelled up from WK level 22 to 23 on Jan 28th, 2019 (two days ago in my timezone).
  • I haven’t zeroed my 10k anki. The last time I zeroed it was a day before yesterday as far as I remember.
  • I wrote a draft for mrnoone about my yomichan progress, but it turned out to be too long, I need to check it again whether I say it right or not, but my eyes & limited English won’t cooperate well, so I saved it again as a draft on my Evernote. I’ll continue checking it & posting it here in the end after I got my glasses maybe.
  • I think I’ll search/read again the difference between のような and みたいな.
  • I reached Study Streak 60 on BP. I only added three lessons though about two or three days ago. I like this pace. I don’t feel overwhelmed and I still keep going well on WK without feeling burnt out but still killing leeches on WK and killing ghosts on BP.
  • Will go to the doctor this afternoon, to get a recommendation letter to examine my eyes again at eyes doctor (for free, excluding repaired/new eyeglasses though). Anyway. Will be half blind in about a week maybe. Astigmatisms.

4 Likes

I did my reviews. Still not a good percentage but I’m not too worried.
Did sections 16-18 in Kanzen Master N2 Grammar.
50% done with N2 vocab on Torii. At this rate I might as well start N1 vocab right after.

3 Likes

After trying weekend, I took a bit of a rest day yesterday. I did my reviews once during the day but no new lessons. I hope I can have less big interruptions for a while so I can get N5 finished here. I want to start reading, but I wanted to at least finish N5. Considering I only have 19 points left, I could be done in two weeks or less, and delaying reading that long is nothing.

3 Likes

Did my reviews and added てある from Genki Chapter 21.
10 day streak for the first time ever!

5 Likes

Reviews as normal. Did my first all N5 cram session on BP. Only about 20 items, but loads of stuff I haven’t seen in a long time, which was good to revise.

Today was the 3rd of my 2nd term of Japanese (group) lessons, and after last week, I was thinking it was a mistake to sign up to the 2nd term as I really didn’t enjoy it. But I had a lot of fun this lesson and we were putting longer sentences together and I found it beneficial, so I’m glad I continued and hope it’s going to continue to be fun and educational!

3 Likes

A slow day here. Less reviews today but I’m glad since I couldn’t use my PC and my Mac has run out of battery while I’m outside. I hate doing lots of reviews on my phone, WK is already hell typing hundreds of reviews :sweat_smile:

• Got my second badge of Exorcist and 40K xp badge
  • I’ll add 3 new lessons today.
  • Still have trouble memorizing long term かもしれない, there’s a sentence that uses short version かも, is that the same?

new40k

4 Likes

Level 20 here! Feels good man.

Three lessons on BP and reviews: ましょう, ね, and まだ.
12 vocab and 3 kanji lessons on WK. Level 9 radicals gurud too. And reviews, of course.

I prioritized Japanese over some other things yesterday in a way I didn’t like. I need to remember that while I want to learn Japanese I can’t do that instead of certain other things. I really wish lessons on BP and WK took me less time, but I also don’t want to have to sort out learning in reviews. Also reminded again that missing the four hour window for the first review means I basically forget most everything, although I don’t seem to forget it on the second four hour window even if that one is late too.

5 Likes

Finished all my N5 grammar today!

Granted, I still have a lot of reviews to go before I’m proficient in all of it, but I’m pretty excited. I plan to do cram mode for all of it over the weekend before I start N4. Also got a 40 day study streak. Leveled up to 6 on WK as well, so all in all a very productive day.

6 Likes