Have you done your BunPro Review today?

Four reviews today, killing the last ghost (for now, there will be more I am sure). Added three new points from lesson 6 in N3. Also looked over the rest of them for that lesson. I have learnt about half when I was in Japanese class early this year, one or two more I recognize, and the rest are entirely new to me. So will be some new learning in this lesson.

1 Like

September 3 Update

Woke up early in the morning, and I was like… リビュー時間だよ!
I also leveled up!
I’ll learn two grammar points to celebrate~

imagen

1 Like

Finally starting to feel like I’m back on track.

3 Likes

Looked up yesterday how many points I need to learn per day to finish N3 by the end of the year. Turned out to be about one a day. (119 days left of the year and 109 points.) So did my review and added one point today. Will see if I can keep the points adding up, but if my reviews starts going to high, I will stop. Wanikani is more important for me right now.

1 Like

September 4 update
It is indeed early morning hours right now, but since I’m awake, I thought I’d do my 12 reviews…
it’s been so long since it’s been so few…

I also got my 30 day streak badge!!! YAY!!!

Having under 50 reviews really makes things much better.
I keep reminding myself that I do Bunpro to get good at Japanese grammar, not to get good at Bunpro.

Two reviews a day and I might get N3 by the end of year, but no promises.
My focus is on reviews and learning like 2 study points per day at maximum, as to not overwhelm myself.

Make bunpro work for me, not me work for bunpro.

@MissDagger ファイト!ファイト!
@Evueimeimei I’m glad you feel better about your progress~ Out of curiosity, what’s been your Bunpro routine?

1 Like

I use Bunpro almost exclusively for review. So, I’ll read the Bunpro material for a grammar point and add it to my review list as I encounter it in my textbook. Occasionally, if I have no reviews, I’ll go back to N5 and find a point that isn’t listed as in Genki I or II and learn that on its own. It’s a bit slower of a process than I think a lot of people use, but it reinforces what I’m currently learning well and keeps my daily review number pretty low (usually 10-30). Then I just do review cards once a day, sometimes twice.

4 Likes

Done my review, 4 items and added one point. It is nice when BP takes little time, I also know I am learning a lot from it even at a supposedly slow pace.

4 Likes

September 5 update

7 reviews… added 4 points because I felt like it :wink:

Now it’s 41 reviews… still below 50.

imagen

1 Like

midnight… so technically September 6

imagen

unrelated sidenote: I like how there’s lots of interaction between German and Japanese history, culture, and people, although linguistically, they’re far apart.

2 Likes

@PowerAWBS My mind is still boggled that you do 50+ grammar reviews a day.

About 8 reviews today and decided to add 3 grammar points. Now I can skip adding for two days and just review, and hopefully clear the pile a little so it doesn’t get too high. ^^

2 Likes

@MissDagger wwwwww
Nowadays, I try not too~
I’m grateful that Bunpro lets its users go at their own pace~
To each their own~

September 7 update

imagen

Keigo is giving me a headache, so I sedated those reviews…
I’ll see them again when the time arises…

In the meantime,

Although I seem to have exactly 30 reviews tomorrow, I added two grammar points because I felt like it.
A third one is なかなか, which I’ve already learned, so :slight_smile:

1 Like

@PowerAWBS Are you trying to make your daily review load lower? What number would you like it to be?

12 reviews today. Went fine. ^^

1 Like

8 reviews today. I guess tomorrow is the day I should start doing 1 point a day again so I can finish N3 by the end of the year. ^^

1 Like

@MissDagger I’m thinking to keep the daily review count relatively low, like under 40~50. I’m pretty much adding a maximum of 2 reviews per day whenever I feel like I want to learn more. Otherwise, I’m focusing on keeping the streak until December, when I’ll make a decision as to what I’ll do then.

September 8 update

watching videos about Tokyo and Japan in general has given me some motivation to continue reviews

I leveled up!

I let a few grammar points slide by that I didn’t know that well, and I’m aware that some, if not all of them, will bite back someday. It’s okay, though, because what’s more important to me is reviewing day by day and using the grammar I already know.

1 Like

Something always seems to distract me from Bunpro. I’ve got a tutor now which is working well but I need to get my reviews down too @PowerAWBS as they’re eating into my limited study time.
A whole load of reviews just showed up for the tenth review. I must’ve added a whole load all at once back then but once I clear them away I won’t see them for a few months and my review pile will hopefully be manageable

2 Likes

Yay.

%E7%84%A11%E9%A1%8C
%E7%84%A1%E9%A1%8C

4 Likes

@PowerAWBS Always feels good to have a plan. :blush:

@matt_in_mito Congratz!

Had a lot more reviews than normal today, something like 20. :scream: But I still added one point, because most of those reviews where SRS 11 or even 12 (aka burned or gold here I guess) once I answered them.

1 Like

@matt_in_mito おめでとうございます! Seriously impressive.
@MissDagger congratulations on getting even more reviews closer to the ideal burn~

September 9 update

I was thinking I didn’t want to add grammar points, but then I clicked the study button, and then I added two new points XD. And then I’m like, これはけっこうおもしろいだねって!

It feels good to see that N3 blue bar progress towards the right.

So, to @Laurakate123, I would advise taking baby steps, that is, taking steps so small that it’d be funny if one didn’t do it, and then using that as momentum to take some more until one realizes their goal for the day has been achieved.

I would also encourage you to remember that studying Bunpro isn’t necessarily permanent, it’s temporary, a way for you to obtain that grammar knowledge needed for Japanese proficiency. Think of what you can do with your newfound knowledge of each new point!

Also, could someone move this discussion from Bunfire to Bunpro?

Like… this discussion is literally about Bunpro reviews and the description of the Bunpro thread states:
imagen

1 Like

This thread
Bunfire --> Bunpro please!

September 10 update

did like ~30 reviews…

imagen

two points added!

1 Like

@PowerAWBS It would probably go easier if you linked a mod.

@Pushindawood @mrnoone PowerAWBS suggests this thread fits better in the Bunpro category rather than Bunfire, since we are discussing reviews and sometimes strategies and such. (I’ve lost my regular status :sob:)

About 8 reviews today and two points studied because the second one was one I already knew. ^^

2 Likes