Have you done your BunPro Review today?

Finally did a new lesson yesterday! Kept my reviews at zero and I’ve gotten them to zero this morning too. (Considering my largest review have so far been 6… ^___^ It isn’t that hard.)

Yesterday I also killed my first and only ghost so far. ^^ I’m a ghost buster!

4 Likes

Done my reviews today and killed it. I am actually pretty happy that it went so well after quite some days of struggling with the new points. I still need to reduce my ghosts, currently at 19, but I’ll get there.

I’ve added three more grammar points today が、から、N+てもいい. We’ll see how that will fit in.

@lopicake Happy traveling :slight_smile: I’ll be travelling all of January, so we’ll see if I’ll be able to do at least a little review, depending on internet connectivity. Or streak vacation like you :wink:

Just start your own thread :wink: I’m sure they are more than happy to get any input they can to make the content even better. Right, @Pushindawood ?

Now I’ll get back to working a bit on WK. 198 lessons and 295 reviews because of slacking off on vocab…

@MissDagger way to go :ghost: :hammer:

4 Likes

You can simply use grammar point topic in grammar points section of forums :grinning: @lopicake @Andulien

5 Likes

Could be, I’m taking it pretty slow so I’m a bit more heavy on the 10s and 11s.

1 Like

I dont even know what a ghost is.

Ghosts reviews to be more exact. When you answer a grammar point wrong, beyond the SRS level going down, that specific sentence for that grammar point becomes a ghost review that you have to answer correctly a few times before it goes away. Basically creating two reviews for the same grammar point so you can practice it even more. (Not sure I explained it well… すみません。m(_ _)m )

2 Likes

Explained it fine, cheers!

2 Likes

Gonna join this topic as well…

So today on BP was (I think) my 2nd day of ~てはいけない、~た方がいい、 and ~ない方がいい… hopefully I’ve got that the first one it’s け not か, trying to remember the middle one uses the た form not the て form (although I don’t understand why as it’s not past tense) and on both the last 2 trying not to throw random がs in where they don’t exist. And on all of them failing quite a bit on turning the verbs into their respective forms correctly…

Aside from BP, I did lessons for 5 new kanji on WK, so hopefully they’ll stick in the morning, and I still have a queue of 5 kanji in the lessons for my current level (8), so hopefully I’ll do those in the morning, then I’ll be on schedule to level up around the time WKstats predicts I will.

6 Likes
  • I hit 0 review again both on WK and BP
  • I didn’t add new lessons yet.
  • I was still often wrong in transforming verbs to the correct form. Long ago, I saw @Anthropos888 had posted a cheatsheet called 382073457-Japanese-Verbs-Adjectives-Nouns.pdf and I downloaded that. I don’t know how to use it correctly yet.
  • I will probably not add new lessons again tomorrow. I’ll focus more on transforming verbs correctly by reading again red grammar points and their linked references/books.
  • I added three or six new lessons though on WK. It’s not much but I’m happy with my total apprentice item which is 53 right now. Not that happy about my 569 Guru > 440 Master though. しょうがない。:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Still keeping up with reviews, but my Japanese hit one of those fun language slumps.

The WK overhaul left me behind on keeping up with my usual level stuff, and I’m not adding things as quickly as I want. Having some retention problems.

I’m looking more into ~に行く today. I think I read through that too quickly, because I’m making errors when it comes to the 五段動詞. 一段動詞 just lose る and 五段 stuff gets changed to い-row equivalent stem first, right?

Going to watch a Misa video on it.

3 Likes

So I’ve done my review of the day as well again. I slowly start to notice that some things really start to stick well, which is awesome.
However today I only added on easy new Grammar Point, あの, because I want to get my ghosts still further down. especially the て Form still catches me sometimes of guard.
Made Level 11 today as well :slight_smile:

Yea I hear you. I am still struggling there with getting caught up again on my Reviews. Oh well, there are always bumps you hit at some point. This seems to be one of the right now haha :mountain_snow:

2 Likes

Bit of a bump here though, although I don’t think it has to do with WK overhaul. I started WK (and seriously into studying Japanese again) in late October, I was bound to flag a bit in my enthusiasm eventually and I guess eventually is here.

Did two lessons on WK yesterday (cleaning up vocab for a kanji moved to a lower level) and all my reviews. Did all my reviews here too. Didn’t touch KW, thankfully taking longer intervals there than the SRS is set up for hasn’t harmed me before, but I haven’t taken a whole day off before.

Also, I’m coming down with a cold… Just good news all around. :confounded:

3 Likes

My BP reviews this evening seemed like my longest ever bunpro review session… 39 items overall… with a load wrong at 77% success, mostly because of my basic lack of verb conjugation instead of the actual tested grammar point, like when things become って instead of て or った instead of た seems to throw me a lot…

Also my morning and evening review sessions on WK were far longer than usual… might need to leave more time in the mornings to get through all these… I did do the lessons on 5 kanji for the level I’m on. I try to keep my apprentice count around 100, but it’s slipped to under 80 with a lot of vocab unlearned I don’t feel like tackling this evening.

@MissDagger seems like everyone is catching a cold recently :frowning: hope this is just what’s behind the slump you mentioned.

4 Likes
  • I hit 0 review again.
  • NoteToSelf: No はいらなくてはいけない. Only 入ってはいけない。
  • No new lessons. I think I’ll add lessons tomorrow. Let’s see if I don’t fall asleep while doing that.

• Edit: At last I hit 0 review on WK too after adding 3 new lessons.
4 Likes

Hit every weekday this week! I almost forgot yesterday, but managed to squeeze them in just before bed.

Got a question for everyone; What sensitivity do you have your ghost reviews set to? When do hit ‘wrong’ vs ‘oops, let me type that again’?

4 Likes

Did all my reviews and my sentence of the day :smiley: No new grammar points today, as it’s been a pretty busy day for me at work and such.
EDIT: I reduced my Ghosts now again to below 10 :tada:

For me actually there is very very rarely a time where I type it again, like when I went to fast through something that I new or just had done three times in a row because of ghosts or so. Mostly I see it as extra practice, since you get additional sentences through your ghosts and as such it doesn’t get boring. Seeing that the ghosts disappear again within 2-3 days, I don’t take it as a big deal as they don’t stick around for longer to haunt me. (As long as I get them right haha)

Being a lifetime member, I’m also not in a rush to get through it as quickly as possible. AND since you can add new grammar points whenever you feel like it, rather than waiting to unlock them like it is with Kanji, you also can continue to challenge yourself with new stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool! :sunglasses: I would’ve probably just slept and done that in the morning maybe if life was tough.

I don’t follow this question. Maybe I can’t answer this question yet :man_shrugging: and we probably need someone with higher experience on BunPro than me to answer this question.

I usually hit “Oops” when I typed too quickly and typos.

3 Likes

Today did all my BP reviews with more success than yesterday and had a peek at the “study” page and it was 3 easy things I already knew so did those as well.

On WK, my apprentice count was dropping low (~70) so I bumped it up by doing about 20-30 vocab lessons throughout the day, but my lesson queue is still on 30…

I wrote on here yesterday I was struggling with verb conjugation, so went and read up some stuff on imabi and taekim, and, as I’d never read taekim before, went back to the beginning and enjoyed reading it from there. Then it got to some part where it recommended me writing kanji and learning stroke order, so I actually went and had a look at that and started handwriting kanji for the first time ever. I did that for the first couple levels of WK kanji and a bunch of things from the “daily sentence” thread here. It actually felt good learning how to write the kanji and fun writing stuff out by hand.

Never! I just do the review again!

4 Likes

Good afternoon!

• I finally hit 0 review again both on WaniKani and BunPro.
  • I added three new lessons on BunPro about てあげるときとおもう
  • I levelled up from level 15 to 16 just now.
  • I read A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar p.65 about てあげる. Again. Deep! I hope in the future I’ll be able to read Japanese media/books about this grammar point. This book is only at Basic Level of the series, but it explains it very well.
  • I also read about てあげる. Pretty concise and clear!
  • I found てあげる is also explained in A Dictionary of Intermediate Japanese Grammar p.? and A Dictionary of Advanced Japanese Grammar p.? but I didn’t read them yet. I put question marks instead of real number for the page, since the index I looked mentions different page. It says p.65, when I looked at p.65 it’s not about “te ageru”. :man_shrugging:
  • I will have to watch Japanese Ammo about “te ageru” and “to omou” again.
  • I won’t add BP lessons again tomorrow. I think I’ll add BP lessons only if I’m really done with squashing my leeches on my Anki.
  • I won’t add WK lessons too. I’m still reducing my guru items, and increasing my master items. Let’s see. I think I’ll give myself time for 2 weeks just for this.
  • Just in case, I got headache so badly while squashing my leeches on Anki, I’ll practise Kanji writing instead, while keeping my BP review always at 0, having fruit juice, and back again squashing my leeches.
  • I didn’t take screenshots today because I was busy running over here and over there, cramming here and there.
3 Likes

Did a new lesson today. あれ. And did my reviews. I haven’t worked on the daily sentence since I’m with family this weekend and I’m getting better from a cold.

3 Likes