Have you done your BunPro Review today?

I had 0 mistake this morning, maybe because my brain is still fresh and I haven’t done WK yet.
Going to repeat this routine tomorrow, just to make sure.
The amount of reviews has greatly reduced, but still a lot of ghosts.
I learned past tense of adjectives at JapanesePod101 yesterday, -かった/かったです for i-adjectives, and -だった/でした for na-adjectives. Helped me a lot during reviews since I missed them sometimes.

3 Likes

Good afternoon!

• I hit 0 review on BP today and my reviews on WK are still more than 20. :sweat_smile: Argh! I got headache!! No worries though my HBP is normal.
  • I wrote notes on three or four grammar points on BP so that I can find it quickly on A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar book.
  • At last, I ordered A Dictionary of Intermediate Japanese Grammar and A Dictionary of Advanced Japanese Grammar books from Amazon Japan yesterday. I can’t wait to unbox them on Saturday next week and also put the page from appendixes to my notes on BP, so that I can quickly jump to any of this series whenever I need to reread whatever the grammar point would be.
  • I added three lessons about そう、てすみません、みたいに。
  • I answered みたい instead of みたい for それはしろ。。。いえです。
  • I haven’t read any references from my newly added lessons’ references. I’ve read about みる on A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar though it’s seems unrelated :thinking:
  • I must workout this afternoon and have a combination of two kinds of melon fruits and watermelon for dinner. The sun is so bright this afternoon. :sparkling_heart:

Don't open it!

Never mind! I just found that this thread lacks of cats!

goyang%20pantat%20gol

3 Likes

Yesterday I kept up with Bunpro and scratched at my huge pile of reviews on WK. This morning I think I had enough reviews coming in that all I did yesterday was erased. I clearly need to do more in a day to actually get WK reviews to 0 again after my three days away. I’m not adding lessons until I have WK at 0. Also KW is being ignored currently.

@nanda

Love the cat.

2 Likes

Mistyped polite form when asked for casual. Mistakes are つもり and すぎる.
35 ghosts left. I’ll have it less than 10 before adding more lessons.
Finished 93 reviews for WK. Already forgetting some radicals.
Bought some stories at Japanese Graded Readers for Android. It’s very easy to read.
I wish they had many stories on their collection.
Very slow progress on both WK and BP.
I’ll fill the time to study grammar from Tae Kim’s and practice reading instead.

2 Likes

Good afternoon!

• I finally hit 0 review on WK & BP again today!
  • My last three lessons on BP were about そう、てすみません、みたいに. I didn’t add lessons today though I wanted to. My energy was up combating leeches on WK.
  • I added six or nine lessons on WK. The overhaul level 17 are all done, and I dealt with WK level 20 vocabs mostly.
  • I levelled up my BunPro XP from 富士山 to 20k XP. And, oh, 29 day study streak!
  • I’m on page 5 now at Tofugu 4500 sentences first training 1-500. There were some sentences I could read but I couldn’t translate to my language, some I skipped as instructed, and some that I could translate it seamlessly.

1 Like

Kept up with Bunpro reviews and they were now low enough this morning that I hope I can find a bit of time to add more lessons. 1 review is barely worth doing. :sweat_smile:

I reduced WK reviews down to 80 and they grew to 160 overnight. Meaning I get about 80 reviews in that time span. Good to know. Will whittle down to 20-30 today or even 0. Then tomorrow I hope to get back to lessons on WK. Then I’ll start in on the KW reviews.

2 Likes

just curious. Why LIfetime for BP but not WK?

1 Like

Cleared up WK and BP this morning.

Had mistake for でも since I thought it was only for “but”, and すぎる again. And got てはいけない and なくてはいけない mixed up. I have to remember that “must not” without な. Got to read more example about it. Leveled up to 20, but ghosts are still at 35 :disappointed_relieved:

Going to add 28 more lessons to WK today since it’s been days without new lessons because of busy tackling leeches. WK is still at level 5 for 4 days now, I think it will be slower than average.

Got more time for reading materials using Japanese Graded Readers level 0 and 1. Didn’t study grammar book at all yesterday, I think I’ll start reading it today since I got myself A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar book.

2 Likes

On top of my very few Bunpro reviews. I didn’t get to new lessons yesterday as I had hoped. Only did about 80 reviews on WK yesterday, but I powered through the 140 I had this morning, so it is finally at 0 and I hope to add lessons on both Bunpro and WK today.

I also, unfortunately, leveled up on WK today so I now have 199 lessons waiting for me, haha. Up to level 8 but I still have almost 40 vocab from lesson 6 and almost all vocab from level 7. So my plan is to hack away at vocab for a couple of days before I touch the radicals for level 8. Level 7 was also my longest level so far with 18 days. Considering I took 3 of those days completely off and then took 5 days to tackle the build up of reviews, that really wasn’t too bad. Also I care more about learning than speed and having a nice life too. :smiley:

4 Likes

Good evening!

• I’m so tired. I’ve walked for more than 6 km this afternoon. It feels so good absorbing vitamin D. At last, I hit 0 review again on WK & BP.
  • I added three lessons though I’m not sure if ああいう was able to pass though. I reported that already in report bug thread.
  • I added probably 12 WK lessons which are mostly WK level 20 vocabs. Not yet radicals/kanji for level 21 though. :sweat_smile:
  • I read all appendixes on A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar. And some grammar points. Strange, I could finish them all while commuting.
  • Some screenshots. I’m too tired to type the explanations right now.

• And, oh! I got 30 day streak badge!

2 Likes

Happy New Year everyone.

This morning I zeroed WK, 25 lessons appeared. Going to do them all since I only have 43 apprentice. Self study quiz very helpful to tackle those leeches. As for BP, I had the same mistake for “must not” again :disappointed_relieved: I really need to slow down and think first before typing too fast :sweat_smile:
Still combating those ghosts, not adding any new lessons. Reading a lot yesterday, using Japanese Graded Readers. I also found watanoc site, the N5 article is pretty readable for me. I just wish they had more articles and listening materials.

2 Likes

Good evening!

• At last, I zeroed BP & WK again!
  • I didn’t add lessons today.
  • I forgot this one. :sweat: Will need to reread this grammar point again.

Finished WK and BP.
I might have abused self-study quiz since I didn’t find the reviews challenging. I’ll use it for leeches only instead. Need to slow down and forget about leveling fast.

Leveled up to 21. BP ghosts have reduced to 23. Still not adding new lessons.
Had mistake for やすい. Need to learn more and memorize masu form for verbs.

I’m thinking of ditching KaniWani and continue using KameSame instead.

1 Like

Good afternoon!

• I finally hit zero reviews on both BP & WK!
  • I added about 12 vocab lessons from WK Level 20 and 3 radical lessons from WK Level 21.
  • I didn’t add any lessons on BP today.
  • A Dictionary of Intermediate&Advanced Grammar books came today!! Unboxed it and want to read them right after I post this to BP Forum. From The Appendixes first I think.
  • I’m on page 7 translating Mami sensei 4500 sentences.
  • 32 Day Study Streak!

Note to self: I forgot this one, d’oh. ta hou ga ii! Not te hou ga ii!

3 Likes

I did my Bunpro reviews yesterday but skipped lessons because the audio stopped working for me for some reason (reported although I wonder if it is just me). And listening to the audio for the example sentence is a bit part of my study routine. :confused:

I did WK though and added 10 vocab lessons. I think I’ll start aiming for 15 lessons a day of whatever variety I’m focusing on (except radicals which I always do in one go because so easy to remember for me).

KW still ignored.

Did 3 lesson on Bunpro today after struggling with getting the audio to work (reported). な-adjectives, あそこ, and この. The later two things I know from before more or less.

Did my WK reviews, I have a feeling I won’t add lessons because it is late. KW still ignored. Poor thing.

But I just got the Yotsubato volumes I sent after in Japanese, and I have several other reading sources lined up. But I think I want to try and get through N5 grammar before really diving into reading. Plus hit/finish level 10 on WK.

I wonder what I have to do to make that happen… 64 lessons on Bunpro. 23 vocab from level 6, all vocab from level 7, radicals & kanji & vocab from level 8-10 on WK. Quite a list. My aim is to finish adding N5 to reviews by end of January, so I can really start reading in Feb. And hitting level 10 at WK with at least partial vocab done of level 9 by end of January should be doable as long as I get into the flow of doing WK lessons every day.

2 Likes

Good afternoon!

• I hit 0 review again both on WK & BP!
  • I added three lessons on BP today. No, it was raindrop and thunder stroke and blackout for 2h, no internet, but I could still use 4G, so I added three lessons more. So 6 new lessons: だが、より、だけで、ことができる、さ、がる。
  • I haven’t read/watched the related references though.

Note to self: I forgot this one.

1 Like

I’m on vacation so I’ll take it slow but still have time in the middle of waiting something to do some japanese routine. Cleared up WK and added 5 more lessons.
Cleared BP, one mistake for grammar cause (kara), usually had it mixed up with node (no japanese keyboard on my mac).

1 Like

Got back from holiday today.

I managed to keep up with my BP reviews for the 10 days I’ve been away, but since I didn’t add any new lessons, it felt like I wasn’t getting many reviews, and they turned non-yellow on the stats page for the first time I joined…

BPdec2018

Until today where a load of new items for some of my initial items hit me. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of adding new grammar points this weekend.

(Also kept up with my WK, and levelled up to 10, only a few days slower than I normally do… I’ve got loads of lessons to add there this weekend, also)

3 Likes

Reviews on Bunpro and WK. 15 new vocab lessons on WK, almost finished with level 6 vocab which is good since I recently leveled to 8 before I was ready (seen from how I like to do my lessons). I also did 3 Bunpro lessons today: へ行く, か (as in “or”), and に (directional use). My plan to finish N5 by end of Jan and getting to level 10 of WK going well on its second day.

2 Likes