Have you done your BunPro Review today?

Good afternoon!

• I hit 0 review again both on WK & BP!
  • I added three lessons on BP today. They’re about かもしれない、てもらう、始める。I still wanted to add more but I got headache. It’s too hot today for me.
  • I think I have read their related references.
  • I have no screenshot.
2 Likes

Finished WK and added 25 new lessons.
0 review on BP with no mistakes, yay! correct on both reviews for “must” - still have to think slowly for the grammar to come up. Looking up and reading the grammar on dictionary helped a lot.

Levelled up to 22 and got my 20 streak badge. Ghosts has went down to 9, I’ll do three more lessons today as I have some free time.
29%20PM .

4 Likes

Hit level 12 here today. :3

Did reviews at Bunpro and WK. 12-13 vocab lessons on WK (I can’t remember how many was left of level 6, but I’m now done with those). And I did 4 lessons at Bunpro: のが好き, た-form, がある + noun, and て-form. I only added て-form because I realized it was basically the same as た-form, and that knocked another lesson done. :3

1 Like

BP reviews going well. A wrong verb conjugation as usual although some others I got right simply by doing what sounded right. The other reason I went down from yellows to reds on the stats sheet recently is killed off all the ghosts due to wrong verb conjugations - basically, I was getting the grammar point being tested right, but the verb conjugation wrong. (Although I know this is kinda part of it, which I should sort out sometime, (I guess through other resources, until BP adds this feature).

WK reviews as usual. Added a few words, but barely made a dent in the 50+ vocab lessons I need to finish in order to start on the level 10 content. Had a blast through Kaniwani doing the lessons of WK master items, about 60+ of them. And read an article on Tangoristo for the first time in a while, and handwrote a load of kanji.

2 Likes

Hey peeps! I’m back from vacation, finally! It was a blast! : )

However, I absolutely failed trying to do BP and WK reviews while travelling so I put them both on vacation mode literally the 2nd day in (after I it accumulated like 100 BP reviews and 300 WK reviews from not doing them. :tired_face: ). I love that I can put BP in vacation mode whenever I want so I actually did reviews in about 10 batches and then put it back in vacation mode. Helped a lot! But I blew my 20 day streak. Ah well, time to start all over again.

Sorry for the late response.

I got to level 60 in WK within a year. I paid for another year so that I could burn as much as I can (currently at a little over 6k burned). So, I’ve gone through almost all the content already. WK doesn’t seem like it will add any new substantial content for a long time. It took them forever to just update the the radicals. Plus, at my Japanese level, I think it’s more beneficial to learn through native material like books and games. That’s why I’m switching over to FloFlo now. Don’t get me wrong, I love, love WK. It built my foundation of kanji which I’m eternally grateful for. But I think it’s limited to only to that, a foundation. So it’s time to move on.

On the other hand, unlike Kanji, grammar isn’t just rote memorization. It’s a lot harder to learn and I can’t just blast through it (despite my greatest efforts to prove the contrary :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) . Because an individual grammar point is a lot more complicated than any one kanji character. It’ll take you a lot longer to memorize all the different conjugations and functions of the て form than, say, remembering the meaning and readings of 女, despite them both being N5 content. It’s useful for me to keep adding and resetting grammar points as I see fit, so I predict that I’ll be using BP a lot longer than WK.

6 Likes

Good afternoon!

• At last, I hit 0 reviews again today both on WK & BP!
  • I added three new lessons on BP on my computer. They’re about 後で、がする、そうに、そうな。I think I missed the 始める grammar point explanation because my finger accidentally tapped too quickly twice on next button and I accidentally hit quiz me after that. :thinking: I should’ve added 6 lessons than 3 lessons :man_shrugging: But I learned the previous three lessons on mobile, so that’s why the tap problem.
  • On WK, I added three new kanji lessons from WK Level 21, and three new vocab lessons also from WK Level 21.
  • I did Self Study Quiz on WK just once :frowning: I should do it three times. Let’s see if I can do it tonight! I must exercise now before it’s raining again!
  • Some ghosts are creeping up. I’m so grateful to this ghost feature! I love BP!
  • I levelled up from level 21 to level 22.
  • Did I say I read my new books? I think not. I still need to adopt to A Dictionary of Intermediate Japanese Grammar and the advanced one. I’ll read from the front instead, before its main A, B, C, etc references from the indexes. Starting from the basic one.
  • My Breakdown By Streak. I like it more if my 0 - 4 is empty = Meaning less review :cry: Shouganai nee. I’ll stop learning lessons until it’s empty again I think.

• Note to self: Some screenshots

Use the verb stem before 始める

分かりやすそう not 分かりやすそう only!

I have many more screenshots, but I guess they should be enough.

指圧お願い

4cc57815a3ad51b5da0bc4b350585a94

4 Likes

Back from holiday. Finished WK and BP.
WK Leveled up to 6, 125 lessons showed up :sweat_smile: going to add 50 lessons to keep my apprentice under 100. Got no mistakes for BP. I think I’ll add 3 more lessons today.

I found Jalup mentioned on WK forum to supplement this, is that good? It’s rather expensive for $99 for each level so if you have any experience using it please let me know.

2 Likes

So I’m a couple of levels under you on WK (leveled up to 8 a couple of days ago, but only just cleaned up level 6 vocab because Christmas and all), and I probably haven’t gotten as far as you here on Bunpro (level doesn’t really tell exactly). So I guess my question is: how far are you on Bunpro (roughly, like finished with N5 and half through N4) and how hard/easy is Tangoristo to read? Also what is Tangoristo?

(I’m looking into reading material and I plan to really start reading as soon as I finish N5 here on Bunpro.)

1 Like

Never heard of it. I was browsing it just now. My impression is this Jalup UI is more complicated than renshuu.org, although this reading is quite easy to understand, I think. :blush: Just my personal opinion though. And yeah, $99/level is wow.

1 Like

@MissDagger I’m 83/93 of BP’s N5 items. TangoRisto is basically a parser for NHK Easy News (and a couple of different things). Basically for each word in the article, you can click on it and it tells you the meaning (and you can add it your vocab lists). It also allows you to view the normal web version of NHK Easy, so, I follow the advice of someone on WK and read through the web version first (it has furigana), just reading it all, not worrying about understanding anything, but seeing what soaks in from the whole article, and then heading over to the version where you can click on words to see their meaning, and read through the piece again clicking on everything I don’t understand till I understand the article. I don’t try and remember the words afterwards which may be my downfall. I think it’s good. And often in those articles the whole piece is about something, but since I’ve never encountered that word before, I can understand the kinda flow of the piece on first reading, and then when clicking to find the meaning, the whole piece kinda falls into place. You could also use a site like japanese.io which does the same thing (and which I use for small pieces of text from elsewhere).

1 Like

Cleared up WK and BP. Got 83 reviews and 9 mistakes. Still pretty good for me.
Mistaking reading for 体 and 休 because I didn’t look very closely :sweat_smile:
BP has only one mistake, this time つもり again, but only the tense. I used past tense where it asked for present tense. Have to look closely for the change of tense next time. I’ll add three more lesson today since the review count is so low.

I like using Japanese Graded Readers for reading practice. They have physical books and apps. You can download the apps from playstore if you’re using Android. Compared to tangoristo, I like watanoc.com better, easier to read :grin:

1 Like

@Jul3 Thanks for the detailed reply! I will check out TangoRisto.

~*~*~*~*~*~

WK reviews and added 15 vocab lessons from level 7. One more day of vocab from 7 then I’ll add the radicals from level 8. After that I’ll have to decide if I want to mix lvl 7 vocab and lvl 8 kanji, or stick with only vocab. Since the first few levels I’ve decided I never want to have a day where there are no lessons to do, so I try to balance doing radicals and kanji while also getting all vocab done. (My goal is to have finish lvl 7 vocab before I level to 9. So I only ever have vocab from the previous level hanging around.)

Bunpro reviews and then 4 lessons again since the fourth lesson was something I already knew: ている, Verb [て] もいい, で (means use), and その.

Also now that I’m adding 3-4 lessons a day my reviews are getting harder in a good way. Aka my brain can’t just keep track of which lessons I did the previous day and only have to shift between the new ones I did. Before I added lessons much more sporadically and I could basically remember any new lessons I’d done recently so I only had to shift through those to pick the right answer (not something I tried to do, it just happened). Now I’m adding new ones every day and my brain can’t remember anymore, so it actually has to remember the grammar that does the thing rather than flipping through a list of options where 2 out of 3 will be clearly wrong.

3 Likes

@MissDagger No problems, though i’m curious why you do all this sorting of your lessons in WK, instead of just leaving them in default order, that way it teaches you the vocab before you go to the next level items, and the vocab are related to the kanji you just learned, thus reinforcing them, and teaching you the different readings of the kanji.

Anyway, as for me, I did all my reviews, added a few vocab lessons on wanikani, nowhere near enough to make much of a dent into clearing the pile I have to get onto the level10 content, and…

Finally added some lessons on BP after a break of 20 days without adding any!

bp

The three were たり (which seems very useful!), けれども (I had no idea there was yet another polite “but”), and けっこう (which I’m not sure about using instead of ちょっと, but the “no thanks” usage of it might come in handy, I think I’ve just used 大丈夫です in the past)

4 Likes

Done WK and BP. Level up to 23. Not adding another lessons on WK and BP. A slow day for me.

I’ve tried renshuu yesterday and subscribed for one month pro and found it was very helpful, however the sentences are too long. I will only use it for grammar and listening, leaving kanji and vocab to WK.

2 Likes

@Jul3 I started doing it because if I didn’t for the first few levels, I would have 1-3 days where I was waiting for stuff to Guru and not have any lessons. I knew from the beginning that I want to commit about the same time every day, that means I want to have lessons every day so I can do everything consistently.

However, I just double-checked something I thought I’d seen and that was that level 8 unlocked with radicals, kanji AND vocab. Which would make reordering less necessary. However, I still might use it just a bit to avoid having to do 15 kanji lessons in one day because that is sometimes too much for me. But for this level, I’ll do all the level 7 vocab, then lvl 8 radical, and see how that goes. If it leaves me with enough other items to get me through the Guruing of radicals and kanji, then I’ll keep doing this.

Yesterday, I did reviews on WK and Bunpro as normal. However, I didn’t get to lessons until late, so I only added 3 lessons on Bunpro: へ, 来る, and だった.

3 Likes

Added another 3 items today, ffter adding 3 yesterday , so I’m on a roll! つもり(which is new to me) and や and ませんか (both of which I already knew). Only 4 more items left till I clear Bunpro’s N5 list!

Over on WK, I tried to add all the remaining Level 9 vocabs… so about 30 items… Then the 15 new radicals. from level 10 (five days after levelling up, lol). Luckily some of the radical were just kanji from previous levels. Also, my number of Enlightened items grew to larger than my number of Master items for the first time.

3 Likes

Done WK and BP. Mistake is only こと, changing verb to noun. I forgot that it takes dictionary form instead of verb stem.

Very slow progress on both sides, so I added 3 more lessons on BP. Then heading to renshuu to review grammar points there, also have cleared up N5 there. Adding N4 as little as 1 lesson per day. I’ll add some listening by going to JapanesePod101 too to fill the time.

4 Likes

Being slow and steady is good.:+1:

4 Likes

Good Evening!

• At last, I hit 0 review again on WK & BP! It’s been 84 years!

• I didn’t add lessons on BP. I just did review by cramming in few reviews yesterday and a day before yesterday. Blackout often happened nowadays.
  • I didn’t find a reference on A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar on そうに そうな grammar point, but this Maggie Sensei article on BP readings helped me a lot in understanding this. Just correct me if I’m wrong if you got the same books series and you got the reference I couldn’t find.
  • Study Streak 38 days. Woohoo! insert simpson gif here.

Note to self: I forgot this one. Will study again about morau.

omoshirokunai + sa + sugi

3 Likes

No lessons today on anything, but I did my reviews.

On BP, I’m still failing to type あそび everytime it comes up and wondering why I failed the review… I always seem to type おそび even though I’m saying the あ sound in my head or out loud (depending on where I’m doing the review).

On WK, I started the day off with 80-90 reviews, which was nice, cuz it had been a long time since I’d had that many to do in one go in the mornings. I enjoyed it.

1 Like