Have you written your Japanese Sentence today?

今日試合を見て、ドキドキしました。惜しい試合だった。

Translation

I watched a match today and it was thrilling. It was such a close game.

5 Likes

I think your verb is totally fine, and your original sentence is grammatically possible, but I would change は to が, as it sounds a bit more natural here. The way I would think about it in this context is the person doing the action uses は while the thing not being understood needs が. So you could say 私は宿題が分からない。

4 Likes

その間僕の町に新しいカフェが空かれた。僕はコーヒーを飲みすぎる。このカフェがあるので僕はコーヒーを飲んで勉強をできる町の中場所がある。

Summary

The other day, a new cafe opened in my town. I drink way to much coffee. Finally, I have a place in town that I can drink coffee and study at. (This last sentence seems off to me but unsure how. The double が Im not a fan of but since its two compound sentences I assume its fine)

(Advice)

5 Likes

少々お待ちください。私がお部屋までお連れいたします。

Translation

Wait just a moment, please. I will humbly bring you to your room.

友達がいればいるほど、嬉しくなる。

Translation

The more friends you have, the happier you will be.

4 Likes

Just a suggestion, but one way you could simplify the second part of that last sentence is by taking your description of the activities you can do at the cafe and using it to modify “cafe”. So maybe something like 町の中に、コーヒーを飲んで勉強できるカフェがある。

4 Likes

I added that second part because I was hoping to put emphasize that BECAUSE of this new cafe I can do these things. Otherwise I would agree.

5 Likes

このカフェは私にコーヒーを飲んで勉強をさせます。

That actually might fit a bit better. The Cafe itself is allowing me to do those things?

5 Likes

I think I would use the で particle for the cafe.

このカフェでコーヒを飲んで勉強することができます。

4 Likes

That makes sense, thanks for the advice!

4 Likes

私の子供がかわいいです。

Translation

My child is cute.

5 Likes

今日、長野県のニュース番組で長野県内のスキー場がある地域では物件の値段がさらに増加しているそうです。これを聞くと、すごく不安になります。今、考えているのはスキー場に近い物件を買えるチャンスがなくなってしまうことです。

6 Likes

このカレーは思ったほど辛くない。

Translation

This curry wasn’t as hot as I expected.

他の人は母ほど親切じゃない。

Summary

Other people aren’t as kind as my mom.

その映画のほかには好きな映画がありませんか。

Translation

Other than that movie, there aren’t any other movies you like?

7 Likes

その間僕の一番好きなシャーペンを壊れてしまった!

Translation

I accidently broken my favorite pen the other day!

7 Likes

毎日不安に思っているようでは、白髪が出てくるよ!

勤めている会社は赤字が続いているから、コーディング面接の準備をしないわけにはいきません。

claudeに指示を出しては誤解され、言い換えては、また誤解されます。実装が全然はかどりません。

雨の日が多いだけに、気分が沈む

6 Likes

ゆきさんがとても綺麗だけど、この使ってあげたカレーライスを食べ切れない。すごく辛いから、死ぬかもしれん。

翻訳

Yuki is very pretty, but I can’t finish this curry rice that she made for me. It’s so spicy that I might die.

5 Likes

甘い食べ物を食べすぎないほうがいいです。

Translate

It’s better not to eat too much sweet food.

5 Likes

分かるwww

Translate

I feel you lol

5 Likes

今週僕の生徒は横浜に行きました。遠足についてレポートを書きました。皆のレポートを読むことは楽しかった。私は横浜でできるものを学びました。

Summary

My students went to Yokohama this week. They wrote reports about the school trip. Reading everyone’s reports was fun. Learned about things I can do in Yokohama.

7 Likes

JLPTに合格したいなら、毎日日本語を勉強する必要があります。

Translation

If you want to pass the JLPT, it’s necessary to study every day.

その映画はそんなに面白かったですか。

Translation

Was the movie that interesting?

5 Likes

インターネットで日本の空き家を知る外国人が増えるに従って、海外から空き家を買う人も増えています。

6 Likes