Have you written your Japanese Sentence today?

Because the hidden subject of your sentence is “I” not 毎日, you don’t need to use は after it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

興味がある音楽を聞きました。

Translation

I listened to music that I’m interested in.

4 Likes

歌うたを歌えば歌うほど上手じょうずになる。:notes: :blush:

Translation

The more songs you sing the better you will be. :notes: :relaxed:

3 Likes

彼が走っているところを見ると、初心者のようです。

Translation

Judging from the way he is running, it seems as though he is a beginner.

公開されたデータからみると、この会社はもうすぐ潰れるでしょう。

Translation

From the data that was released, this company will probably go out of business soon.

4 Likes

彼は優しいだけではなく、頭がいいです。

Translation

He is not only kind, but smart.

原子というのは、すべての生き物を構成しているものです。

Summary

Atoms are things that make up all living things.

4 Likes

昨日公園で行った。

5 Likes

大変な事があっても、違う考え方をすれば、「その事が悪くない」と思います。

Translation

Even if tough things happened, if you look at them differently, you will think “That’s not so bad”

5 Likes

川を渡っている。

Translation

I am crossing the river.

5 Likes

沢山の人が寄付すると、嬉しいです。

Translation

I’m happy when a lot of people donate.

5 Likes

母国の生活水準が悪化することをもとに日本へ引っ越した

Translation

I moved to Japan based on my home country’s living standards deteriorating.

4 Likes

本を読み終わったところで、お母さんから電話が来た。

Translation

Just as I finished the book I was reading, I got a call from my mom.

長生きするために、健康的な食事をするものだ。

Translation

To live a long life, one should eat healthy food.

3 Likes

日本人の骨格と外国人の骨格は違うから、外人はすぐにダイエットする必要はないと言われました。

Translation

I was told because japanese and foreigner bodies are different, foreigners have no need to quickly start a diet.

…
lol

4 Likes

フランスには、あたしはちいさいかったこと、私と母はコンサートへ行った。
「すごい!ジルベール・ベコーのショーでした!が、写真をとらなくて、スマートフォンがもたなかった!」と言った。
今でもその時のジルベール・ベコーの音楽をおぼえると、嬉しくなる。

4 Likes

昨日Bunproコミュニティのサイトに入れませんでした。私のインターネットのせいか、他の理由かわかりません。

Translation

Yesterday I couldn’t access the Bunpro community site. I don’t know if it’s because of my internet or some other reason.

4 Likes

子どものころから、あたしはしぜんをみています。年々、雪があまりすくないでした。だから、ゆきにんぎょうが今では、ほとんど、とれなくなりましたなので、たくさにゃいろいろ雪男がありますよ!

4 Likes

アニメを見るとき、日本語で見るのと英語で見るのとどちらかが好きですか?

Translation

When watching anime, do you prefer watching it in English or Japanese?

ドラゴンと戦っている最中に、刀が壊れて、死んでしまった。

Translation

In the middle of fighting a dragon, my sword broke, so I unfortunately died.

3 Likes

インスタグラムの空き家の広告を毎日見ているから、早く空き家を買わないではいられない気がします。

パス・オブ・エグザイルというゲームのレアアイテムをゲットすると、もっとやらずにはいられません。

電池がなくなりそうだから、ここに残ってはいられない

5 Likes

父が私に新しいヘルメットを買ってくれました。

Translation

My father bought me a new helmet.

5 Likes

今日の文:架空の猫「モチ」で五七五を作ってみました。 (Today’s sentence: a 5-7-5 about an imaginary cat called Mochi.)

雨の朝 モチはこたつで 動かない
(Rainy morning / Mochi under the kotatsu / refuses to move)

A haiku about one specific creature is a sneaky grammar drill: to fit 5-7-5 you have to choose between で and に for ‘in the kotatsu’, or decide whether a particle can go (モチはこたつで vs モチ、こたつに). Counting morae also makes you notice that こたつ is 3 and 動かない is 5.

If anyone wants a mini-challenge: take your pet’s (or plant’s) name and one habit, and make a 5-7-5. Happy to check morae counts for anyone who posts one. (Lines hand-written by us; corrections very welcome, especially on で vs に.)

6 Likes

ohhh I wanna do a haiku

走る中
カエルを踏むな
ってたけど

Summary

while running
dont step on frogs
they said, but…

5 Likes