Have you written your Japanese Sentence today?

1. このでけんしんは十人を殺した。
  2. このむすめえたから今までまださがしている。
英語
  1. Kenshin killed ten people at this alley.
  2. We’re still searching until now because my daughter was missing at this dirt road.

It may be easy grammatically, but 路地 is one of my leeches.

3 Likes

おれ明日あした ミサのビデオから日本語にほんご勉強べんきょうしたり、テラスハウスをたりする。

What it's trying to communicate:

Tomorrow I’ll study Japanese by watching Misa’s video(s), watch Terrace House and so on.

3 Likes

AFAIK Japanese use あす for informal tomorrow, in order to match you verb する ending. The kanji is the same though. The difference is just in reading it.

Also, I’m not sure about this paragraph, since I haven’t read if there’s a reference to use する for future verbs, but if I (re)create your sentence, I would end it with したい instead of する because these activities are in the future.

明日みさ先生を見たりテラスハウスを見たりしたい。

CMIIW.

3 Likes
  1. あめらなかったらる。
  2. カナちゃん来たらはしる。
英語
  1. I’m coming if it’s not raining.
  2. I run if Kana comes.
3 Likes

I was wondering the same thing myself, about the する… now that I think about it, I think I know what the mistake was. The sentence should have been the same, except it should have ended with 見る instead of 見みたりする.
You can do it with たい, too, but that expresses that I want to do it. But I want to express that that’s what I’m going to do, as in “this is my plan for tomorrow”. It’s a small difference, but still.

Thanks for reminding me for the reading of tomorrow. Misa mentioned that, but I forgot. Also for correcting ミサ to みさ. Dunno why I did that in the first place.

4 Likes
From WK

明日、九時から会ぎ室を使用したいんですが、空いていますか?
I want to use the meeting room at nine tomorrow. Is it available?

It uses 使ようしたい instead of 使用する for 明日。

And about “this is my plan for tomorrow”, I tried searching “plan” on WK, and the result was a lot. I actually got a great book recommended by Leebo, it’s Essential Japanese Vocabulary. I haven’t checked it here yet. I’m not sure if I can just choose one “plan” from those results, since I could possibly use it in a wrong context. In short, I don’t think I could translate that almost literally to Japanese. That’s why I simplified it to be in tari form and shitai for tomorrow.

3 Likes

ここはわたしむらです。このむらちいさいけれどももくざいがたくさんあります。

英語

This is my village. This village is small but there are many woods.

I know. It may be easy grammatically but 村 and 材 is one pair of my leeches collection. :star_struck: Wait a minute! I’m actually not sure about けれども above. I’ll reread the grammar point again. Edit: I’ve done rereading it. It’s okay. I can put けれども directly after い adjective.

3 Likes

ほとんど だれも「けましておめでとうございます」っていませんでした。

英語で

Almost no one said “Happy New Year”.

:confused:

5 Likes

最近さいきんはとてもいそがしくて、ここで文章ぶんしょうかなかった。:scream: とにかくみんなけましておめでとう!

Summary

Recently, I’ve been so busy and didn’t write sentences here. Anyway, happy new year, everyone!

5 Likes

ぼくやさしい言葉ことばなくてはいけない。

英語で

I have to write something nice.

2 Likes

冬休み帰ったからもっと日本語勉強した方がいい

Summary

I came back from my winter holiday, so I should study more Japanese!

4 Likes

日本人と結婚けっこんしたい日本人にったことがない。

英語

I want to marry a Japanese but I’ve never met Japanese.

Reference: A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar p.120 だが and this grammar point.

4 Likes

Just a reminder, I always welcome corrections. Thanks!

今年ことしはきょうとと東京とうきょうきます。東京は四月しがつにきれいなさくらのがありますね。

英語

This year I am going to Kyoto and to Tokyo. In April, there are beautiful cherry trees in Tokyo.
(And in Kyoto too I assume.)

New lessons: へ行きます, に and な-adjectives.
Old lessons: があります, の and と.

In the second sentence could I change 東京 to あそこ and mean “over there in Tokyo and Kyoto” or because I mentioned two places I can’t do that? Or would it more generally mean in Japan/Honshu?

3 Likes

I can’t confirm my try is 100% correct since I’m not a Native Japanese but here’s my try. cmiiw.

今年京都に行ったり東京に行ったりしたい。あそこは四月にきれいなさくらの木があります。

3 Likes

So from your knowledge, you don’t think you can say “this year, I am going/go to Kyoto and Tokyo” the way I said it? You are using grammar points I have not yet learned.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t the -たい at the end of nanda’s sentence make it an intention, like “I want to do things like go to Tokyo and go to Kyoto”? So I think the way you phrased it is fine, MissDagger. But I’m also pretty much a beginner, and just jumping at the chance to ask questions of my own here :slight_smile:

Here’s my question with that sentence. とis for exhaustive lists, right? So this implies that you’re not going anywhere else this year? Maybe then you’d better use や? Though I am not sure if context would make it clear you’re talking about a particular trip that year.

3 Likes

Great question. I want to know too!

2 Likes

I remember Misa sensei said that we can’t say I do A and B and etc simply by adding “and” and “the object” like we do in English.

I could rephrase it to 今年の四月は京都に行って東京に行きます。though to emphasize the “and” by saying で or 行って in this context but I still use this 行く verb twice, unlike when I say it in English.

cmiiw.

Does this forum support reply by email?

I replied using email but seemed that didn’t work, so I posted this again using forum directly, just in case.

3 Likes

京都東京に行きます。“I went to Kyoto and Tokyo.” Is perfectly fine since the と is between the nouns. Changing to に to も is also okay and maybe a little better. Just like リンゴバナナも食べる “I eat an apple and a banana.” is fine。

京都に行って東京に・も行きます is “I went to Kyoto and I went Tokyo.”

Relevant grammar points: https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/15
Also here’s Misa Sensei’s video on connecting verbs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Elnque1I1Q&index=31&list=PLd5-Wp_4tLqYZxS5j3g6kbeOfVXlTkr3N

6 Likes

@nanda and @lopicake, thank you both!

I was wondering if I should add も, but since I wasn’t sure how to do it correctly, I decided to stick with what I thought might be correct.

ありがとうございました!(To you both)

2 Likes