iOS app feedback

iPhone 8 Plus
1.0 (release date 6/26/19)

I can say the crash rate for adding lessons is 100%. Sometimes it will give a second kickout upon re-opening after that crash if I go back to quickly. Hope this helps and thank you for responding!

1 Like

Could you consider eliminating the half hour intervals and opt for hour ones like WaniKani. I find that I get easily exhausted and much more scatter brained with so many intervals, as opposed to when itā€™s hourly and feel like my time is more manageable and not required so frequently.

1 Like

I donā€™t think this is iOS app feedback. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just released an update that hopefully fixes the crash :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just notices that a huge number of the beta testers is already using iOS 13 beta.

I though about releasing a little update with dark mode support and so on but I thought just a few of you would even see it at the momentā€¦ How wrong I am to think thatā€¦

1 Like

Should I drop iOS 11 since there are just a few users left?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Most wanted features

• Offline Mode
  • Native Reviews instead of Website
  • Dark Mode (iOS 13)
  • Statistics
  • Systemwide Search
  • Apple Watch App

0 voters

If someone has a Feature he/she canā€™t live without, please tell me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No more crashes, overall smoother too, big thank you! :blush::partying_face:

1 Like

I donā€™t think your user data is representative since itā€™s still only in beta.

2 Likes

The drop is for iOS 11 which is according to Apple on 9 % of the devices.

https://developer.apple.com/support/app-store/

4 Likes

I think it would be better to look at how many people use the iOS 11 version rather than what percentage?

2 Likes

Just released a new build that has a bunch of fixes in it, mainly performance and a nasty crash on iOS 13 that rendered the app unusable.

iOS 11 und 12 users will notice that the app does not appear dark anymore and has a more system standard appearance. This is due to a greater cleanup of the project and an effort to improve performance in favor of appearance.

iOS 13 users will notice that performing this cleanup had the nice benefit of actually supporting dark mode completely. The app also looks a bit different on iOS due to the updated system UI of iOS 13.

Happy reviewing (pun intended) :smiley:

3 Likes

Wait, so you got rid of dark mode before iOS 13 is officially released? :cry:

1 Like

Nope, I added Dark Mode in the iOS 13 version since the app was kind of already prepared for that but some parts of the previous UI had negative impacts to performance and actually caused some crashed.

But yes the app is not dark on iOS 11 and iOS 12 anymore.
I actually experimented for quite some time with ways to make it theamable to actually use the setting from Bunpro itself but the result was always either glitchy or had horrible impact on performance.

Unfortunately there is no statistic of what theme is the most used, or at least non that I know of, but if there is and it concludes that most people want it dark, I willing to make it dark by default.
But since the website is light by default, I think the app should follow that.

Here are screenshots of the app running on iOS 13:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a shame, but I completely understand. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

1 Like

I hope its not to bad and that iOS 13 isnā€™t far away anymore to get a system wide dark mode for you :wink:
Right now I think getting it functioning well is more important in contrast to look shiny.

Next step will be to get a nativ review flow and possible cram and study alongside.
Most importantly though for me is to convince Apple that In App purchases are not needed to for a release :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ugh, stupid Appleā€¦

1 Like

The review count (even with todayā€™s update) has never matched for me. Itā€™s always been 10-15 counts higher. Otherwise, Iā€™ve seen no issues yet and I like the layout tweaks. Thank you for the updates!

I might keep the light theme even after preferring dark. The new royal blue font just reads nicer on the screen shot you sent

I like how the app makes use of larger fonts for lessons. If there will be any future overhauls to reviews, any effort to increase font size or fill in negative space (when sentences are short enough) is much appreciated. Iā€™ve noticed more eye fatigue for prolonged iOS sessions (more so than other apps). Also, I miss the progress pie chart too during reviewā€¦a petty request, I know.

2 Likes

I do think the blue needs to be softened in dark mode based on that screenshot.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention it but the changes in design with the recent update also supports dynamic type, so it should respect whatever you have set for your system.

If there are any issues with that please report it and Iā€™ll fix that.
About the eye fatigue, has it primarily to do with font sizes or are there other things bothering you?

@seanblue I might change the color in dark mode to a lighter color with a higher contrast like orange or a light blue.

2 Likes