iOS app feedback

Light blue would be perfect I think. The Japanese dictionary app Midori has that as an option and it looks great.

1 Like

It’s the font sizes primarily. I use Modern Dark site theme but since we are non-native, I’m going to experiment with Modern and Classic settings to see if there is a difference on iOS.

1 Like

@Rion Can you add links to the website for each item? It would be convenient for sharing grammar items after searching in the app.

1 Like

I’ll check if I have that information or can infer it.

3 Likes

Review count is off as others mentioned above.
Moreover, I seem to be unable to use the Japanese kana keyboard.
Finally, the links to external resources don’t work

PS: I’m on iOS 13

1 Like

The count bug is an evergreen…

Just checked your other reported bugs and I‘m unable to reproduce them.
The Kana Keyboard could be related to iOS 13 but the links not working is odd.
Any specific links or all of them?

2 Likes

No link seem to work from lessons. They work normally from the grammar point in ‘search’.
As for the kana keyboard it’s not that it doesn’t work at all, but it only works if I only write in kana. If I put a kanji then I am unable to submit the answer.

1 Like

@walter Currently Bunpro only accepts answers written in hiragana or katakana. This is why we have the answers you type in English (using an English keyboard) automatically convert to hiragana. We are working on setting up Bunpro so that it also accepts kanji answers for those that prefer to type with a Japanese keyboard or an IME. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

iPhone 6
iOS 12.3.1
Using Sprint LTE

I just updated to version 1.0 from Test Flight because in the previous version when I hit study the button it would load but no lessons would show. Which is strange because it worked yesterday. This is also happening in 1.0.

Additionally, the app’s dark theme seems to have disappeared and, when looking at Grammar Points through the lists on the main page, sentence audio will not play.

1 Like

It was intentionally removed. You’ll only get it back with iOS 13 (which isn’t publicly available yet).

1 Like

About the audio not playing, do you have your phone on silent mode? Audio wont play if the mechanical switch is turned off.

2 Likes

I think part of the issue is that there a play sign :arrow_forward: for grammar points in N3 and N2 that don’t have audio yet.

1 Like

@seanblue Alright

@Rion That must have been it.

@s1212z It was on N4 sentences but I must’ve had the switch off

Overall though the lessons still aren’t showing up.

1 Like

Is there a way to turn on badges for the app to see how many reviews you have?

1 Like

That should already be the case unless you deactivated push notification.

Unfortunately it still has a bug where the badge can be incorrect.

Since the notifications are actually local notifications, I have to create them at some point prior to showing them and it can happen that the number of reviews used to create the notification got out of sync with the now real number for a number of different reasons.

I’d like to fix that, but local notifications can not be „silent“, so I cannot create one that triggers the app to wake up and calculate the real number.

Once we implement real push notification this problem will be gone, but there are no resources for that at the moment :pensive:

3 Likes

Hi @Rion, would it possible to add the kunyomi note on the “add to review” page for this one. It wasn’t until I was opening the example sentences that I had mistaken the reading.

This was another one where I didn’t realize the dakuten was being used until opening the example sentences. Could we get the hiragana or furigana in the entry?

They may be a few others but I don’t remember at the moment.

2 Likes

Is it possible to have the glossary available for searches without breaking a review cycle? I use this heavily otherwise I’ll just keep a separate browser link but it performs/works better through the app.

1 Like

I’m looking into enabling that for the iPad on iOS 13 since it now supports having multiple windows open at once. I guess you are using an iPhone, though?

Might be considered cheating :stuck_out_tongue:

About the Kunyomi (I guess you mean yomikata?), yes, seems like a good idea :slight_smile: (sorry for being so late to reply)

3 Likes

Thank you @Rion, yes I am using iOS 13 on iphone. I noticed the community page goes to a browser tab now so if there was something similar with the glossary within reviews, that would work great too unless you had other ideas. These instances usually happen when I input the wrong answer so I have to refresh my memory on the ‘wrong answer’ meaning :brain::man_facepalming:

Regarding the Aug message on the reading, something got updated shortly thereafter and I assumed it was you or @Pushindawood that made an update (as of now, I see no issue so thank you secret helper :slightly_smiling_face:).

2 Likes

Not sure if it has been asked, but is it possible to get Notifications when Reviews are available?

4 Likes