Lost streak

Currently there’s no way to have grace misses. Has to be done manually by the staff. So just give them some time.

@Jake

1 Like

Hi,
I also lost my streak this morning. It is a bit strange : I was at 91 days saturday morning (or around noon I don’t remember exactly) when I did my reviews. I had a busy week end and I didn’t had time to do my review until sunday evening. A this moment when doing my reviews, my streak was at 92. I was surprised to see that my streak was not reset. When I did my reviews this morning, my streak was at 2.

Is there some kind of “post processing” for the study streak that could lead to this situation ?
I suppose this is my fault due to the time interval between my saturday morning reviews, and sunday evening ones.
Is this possible to get back to my 92 streak ?
Thanks

I just lost a 180 day streak because i opened the tab while i was at work and just never got around to doing a review D: if it could be restored id really appreciate it!

feel silly even asking for it but so close to half a year T_T

Lost my 366 day streak after disabling vacation mode after an operation on my eyes. This is a year of work lost -.-

2 Likes

First of all, hope everything went alright with the operation!

Second, I know it’s semantics, but the work was not lost, it’s just the number in the box.
You still did the 366 days of review, and that doesn’t get forgotten because the number disappeared.

If you want, I’m sure @Jake, @mrnoone or someone at the team can restore that number.
I get that it’s important for some people to keep going as to see progress.

3 Likes

It’s back

ezgif.com-gif-maker(10)

9 Likes

feeling gutted this morning to realise I have lost my streak… 270 day streak… and I feel the top streak badges will never be reached…

Try and do 1 review a day just to keep your streak. That’s what I do if I’m too busy or don’t feel like studying.

Don’t. Do at least five. If they change or remove a grammar point your streak is toast.

1 Like

cramming should count aswell, if i got, what ur talking about correctly.

Oh no idea that happened.

Completely agree. While consistency is the goal, losing a streak can completely kill momentum and motivation. I lost a 220 day streak on iKnow last year and didn’t start studying again consistently for another 6 months after that.

1 Like

Any review or cram activity will extend the streak. Anything we do on our end with grammar won’t effect anyone’s streak.

1 Like

So that behaviour has been changed? It used to happen in the past if I’m not wrong?

Just want to get it right for future questions people might have.

Same here, I’m sure that I have lost reviews in the past, i.e that review counts have gone down. At a certain point i did enough reviews a day to get a yellow square. There is a red glaring box in my stats that popped up one day out of nowhere. I think it was around some time when grammar points got mergered or something in that way. Either way, good that it is fixed… but at bit of a shame though, we almost got @GrymSylvar to study 5 times as hard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Had trouble with my internet provider yesterday (seriously, how did we ever survive not being online all day every day?)… It started working again shortly after midnight, but now my 226 day streak got reset to 1 :sob: I’m devastated. I was working so hard towards a 1 year streak :cry: It would be really nice to somehow be able to earn a get out of jail free card once in a while :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I summoned the cat gods. They particularly liked your profile pic and said they would reinstated your study streak :partying_face:

Make sure not to lose it otherwise next time there may be additional cat tax :joy:

6 Likes

Thank you so much! I will make sure to worship and offer lots of treats at the cat gods’ shrine right away! :smile_cat: :bowing_woman:t2:
My household goddess Kerrigan also thanks you on behalf of her devoted human can opener :cat:

4 Likes

One year ago I lost my streak to the woods, bears and snakes.

I finally feel reedemed.

8 Likes

I’m here hoping to get my streak of somewhere over 500+ restored after seemingly missing yesterday.

It seems odd to me, since I never miss a day, and yesterday should have been no exception. Some part of my mind is always mildly concerned about missing a day and having the streak reset, and here we are.

@Jake, @mrnoone, any chance I could get it reinstated, please?

Thank you guys in advance!