Minor Update May 2nd 2022 - Days Studied

Hey everyone!

We would like to introduce a (small) new feature to Bunpro that will allow you to get a better indication of the overall effort you have invested into you studies. So, with that, Bunpro now tracks your Total Days Studied!

Dashboard/Profile

Many of you may have seen (or even participated in) the discussion around “Study Streak” vs “Days Studied” here: Replace "Streak" With "Days Studied" [Suggestion]

Using this discussion as a base, and considering opinions from both sides, we decided to go ahead and add a “Days Studied” block to the Dashboard and Profile.

For each day that you learn new grammar or vocab, or do reviews/use cram, your counter will increase by 1 (this is the same for the Study Streak). The main difference being that, unlike the Study Streak which can go back to zero, Days Studied will only ever increase.

We used the data we have available to calculate your current Days Studied, taking into account any grammar you studied in the past. You should see an accurate count for your Days Studied.

Badges

While it is nice to see a number slowly increasing, and have a living testament to your resolve toward learning Japanese, we would be remiss to not also include some new badges :partying_face:

Here is a little preview of some of the ones you can earn:

Feedback Request

The main reason this is a full post and not just a reply to the thread is because we would like to get some more general feedback on whether or not there should be a setting to either “Show Both”, “Show Only Study Streak” or “Show Only Days Studied”.

• Yes, give me that setting!
  • I don’t need it.

0 voters

As always, thank you for the support and feedback you provide! It helps us improve not just your experience on the platform, but everyone else’s as well :smiley:

31 Likes

The post makes me think that it will calculate something non-zero based off of how much I have studied already, but mine is currently at 0.
Is this intended or am I misunderstanding?

5 Likes

Mine is also zero so it seems like something has gone wrong (or they’re still working on it?)

7 Likes

Still running the code to update everyone :sweat:

7 Likes

Gotcha! Sorry for being impatient :))

3 Likes

No worries :smiley:

3 Likes

I was about to post that too.

That’s a good idea, thanks! Will it include days studied before reset?

2 Likes

Do you mean progress reset?

2 Likes

Yes. Would these days count toward the days studied counter?

2 Likes

Yep!

4 Likes

Looked quickly and thought I lost my study streak. :rofl:

1 Like

Screenshot 2022-05-02 at 12.40.22

Yeah… I’ll be going by ‘days studied’ from now on :grin:

Will we also be able to hide the streak badges? :thinking: They feel so demotivating :grimacing:

7 Likes

Is there a way to have my badge on my profile automatiically change to my newest accuired badge?
I clicked on one by mistake and now have to do it manually.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update, really cool!

Now I’m curious what my total days studied is. Currently resisting the temptation to continuously refresh my page until it changes from 0 :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Neat update! It’s kinda cool to see how many days I’ve worked on Bunpro among all the broken streaks. ^_^; Now my recently acquired badges are all mess up though, haha, since they’re all from the days studied. Guess I’ll need to work hard to get some variety back. :eyes:

6 Likes

Glad to have this added. I study almost every day but have inevitable days without signal, so seeing my days studied at 826 is great!

6 Likes

Fondly remembering the days when I didn’t really know what BP was…

11 Likes

Nice round number for the day this was implemented!

Please stop time travelling. You are going to break the timeline.

This might be a good idea if the switch is going to be implemented to display both, only one or the other to include the badges.

7 Likes

imagen

brb, studying for 71 days and then stopping forever

4 Likes

It’s me again!
I don’t understand my stats:

I studied about 60days last year before reseting, but these days doesn’t appear on Log in | Japanese Grammar SRS
So does the extra day that is displayed, it’s nowhere to be seen on my chart.
Quid?

3 Likes