Mobile App - UI refactor

Although now that I’ve updated I see the arrow for going to quiz is gone. Is that intentional? There is a new (I think) button on the first page of the grammar point with an “add to reviews” option. Is this how you’re supposed to “complete” a grammar point now?

Edit: ok, today it’s back. Must have been a glitch?

1 Like

I see the comment that the audio not playing for the second time was fixed, but I still see this issue on my android phone. Thanks.

1 Like

What is your app version?

1 Like

0.4.0+80

1 Like

@entropyofchaos
You have to update the app to build 82. It is in the play store :wink:
It should fix the audio issues.

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll have to wait for google to push the update. Currently there are no updates. Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

I’ve been using this app on ios since starting Bunpro a couple of weeks ago. Very pleased with it so far (and the regular updates which seem to be fixing any little problems like the font scaling - thanks).

One question, and it might only be me being a bit slow. Am I correct in thinking that there’s currently nowhere on the app to learn vocab, except for going through a vocab list manually? I see that I can only have one “main deck” even on the web version, but I can’t find anywhere to do vocab lessons in addition to my main grammar lessons.

1 Like

Hello,
It is as you write, but we are going to add that functionality.

Cheers

1 Like

The font of the Bunpro app went wild a couple of days ago. I can no longer read example sentences on mobile.

I have a Pixel 7 phone running Android 13. My system wide font size is set to the largest possible value (It’s a slider with 4 values). If I lower it, Bunpro becomes readable again.

1 Like

@ericfournier2
Hey, the newest update available in play store should fix this bug :slight_smile:

Cheers!

1 Like

It did resolve the issue! Thank you!

1 Like

We’re excited to announce the latest update for Bunpro! Check out the key enhancements:

• New Feature:
    • Mini Offline Mode
  • Bug Fixes:
    • Grey Screen issue resolved

The new ‘Mini Offline Mode’ allows you to complete reviews that are already present on your device. Please note, it does not support creating new reviews. This feature is perfect for plane flights, subway/metro rides, or short trips.

If you start reviews without an internet connection or lose it during offline reviews, a prompt will appear asking whether you’d like to continue offline or finish your reviews. When you tap ‘Continue’, you will be able to complete all reviews in the queue. These reviews will be synced the next time you review with an internet connection, or when you relaunch the app with internet access.

We hope these updates further enrich your learning experience. As always, we appreciate and welcome your feedback and suggestions for future updates.

5 Likes

That’s great, the mini-offline mode will probably be useful to some of us :wink: (hoping to have a full offline mode one day).

Are you planning to create a iOS/iPadOS widget at some point ? (Could be great, especially on iOS 17 because we have interactive widgets)

1 Like

Something like this?

2 Likes

Oh ! So you’re already working on widgets :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
A widget that shows the amount of review is great, but something like the “Langwid” app (that creates a widget to shows new vocab every day) but for the grammar could be even better

Since that update the layout for reviewing on a portrait mode iPad is really bad. Until maybe two days ago I could go through the reviews without scrolling unless the example text was really huge (which is quite rare). Since yesterday or today I have to scroll all the time. It looks like that:

Bunpro Menu

GIGANTIC WHITESPACE

Cloze text

GIGANTIC WHITESPACE

Field where I put my answer into.

The viewable area ends in the middle of the second gigantic whitespace so I have to scroll down to enter my answer. If it’s wrong and I press a to see the correct answer I have to scroll up again to see it. That’s incredibly annoying and makes Bunpro for me unbearable on my iPad.

Tested on an 11" iPad Pro from 2021 in portrait mode with iOS 16.5 in iCab (haven’t checked Safari yet but since iCab uses Safari’s engines the problems are usually identical anyway).

1 Like

Can you screenshot the issue ? It looks like this on my iPad Air 4, iOS 17.0

In both example I can click without scrolling

1 Like

It looks exactly like that if I don’t have the onscreen keyboard active. Did you test with a hardware keyboard? The problem only occurs when the onscreen keyboard is activated.

If the whitespace/paddings would be smaller everything would still fit on the screen together with the onscreen keyboard so it’s not a problem with the limited space. The problem is quite new, I rarely use a hardware keyboard with my iPad and never had that problem until recently.

I can post a screenshot later if still necessary.

1 Like

Here‘s the screenshot:

Update, version 0.4.1+95

• added decks support

• fixed bug when custom vocab synonyms did not work

• tapping on the search icon on the bottom bar will open the keyboard (thanks @jrmr50)

• fix bug when tapping on wrap up button when it displays 0 reviews crashes app

• other bug fixes

6 Likes