Request to users for (2020)

Hey guys!

As I am sure a lot of you already know, in Japan, sending 年賀状 (New year’s greeting cards) is a very popular, and culturally significant thing. This year, my partner has put many many hours into creating audio for the sentences on Bunpro, and I was wanting to raise her spirits a bit by showing her that people appreciate all the hard work. What I had in mind was collecting a few messages (In the form of a personal message on this site), and then printing them all out for her on New Year.

If you are willing, and more importantly if the new audio has made your learning experience more positive, I would appreciate anyone that wouldn’t mind sending me a short personal message here on BP, directed to Haruna. English or Japanese is fine!

(please in no way feel obliged to do this)
All the best, and thank you so much to the people that choose to send a short message!
Most importantly, Happy New Year everybody!:partying_face:
Asher

23 Likes

@Asher, this is a fantastic idea! Please feel free to pass this message on to Haruna :

Dear Haruna – san,

あけましておめでとうございます!

I would like to take this chance to thank you for everything you have done in regards to the bunpro audio. These files have been an invaluable aid in my studies, and I’m certain they have been of great help for many other people. That you have poured so much work into these, providing them free of charge, speaks volumes and clearly shows you are an absolutely wonderful person!

From the bottom of my heart : Thank you!

明るく楽しい一年でありますように

• Mathijs
5 Likes

Many thanks @mathijsdm I’ll put it in the card!

4 Likes

Haruna-san, thank you very much for your hard work!

I love listening to the sentences in your native accent to improve my listening skills, and I also mirror them to help improve my speaking. It adds a ton of value over just reading the sentences and makes them feel very “real.” You have been a tremendous help to my Japanese studies, and I appreciate it very much.

Justin

8 Likes

Hey Haruna,

Thank you for providing your amazing audio to the users of Bunpro. The exposure to real Japanese intonation has helped me a lot with getting a grasp on pronouncing words in a more natural way. I hope your 2021 will be amazing!

Kind regards, Pepijn

5 Likes

@Asher I sent you a message! Great idea. Thanks for all your contributions this year as well!

6 Likes

ハルナ様、今年お疲れ様でした。もちろんアシェルさんもありがとうございました :bowing_man:。日本語の勉強を進むために毎日皆んなさんがハルナの声をちゃんと聞いてみています。考えたらすごいですね!体に気をつけてください。-ブン

7 Likes

冬浅し
麗しい声
勉学だ

5 Likes

Hello Haruna, I’m new, so I don’t know what the old audio was, but I will say I’ve greatly enjoyed the audio, and the sentences with audio are so much more enjoyable than the ones without! It definitely pushed things over the top when I was deciding whether to stick around! I hope your 2021 is healthy and fun! Happy new year! :purple_heart::fireworks:

6 Likes

はるなさん、お疲れ様でした!
いろいろな文書を読んで記録してくれてありがとうございます。
文書をきれいな声で聞くのは、文プロが二倍になってきました。
Haruna-san, thank you for the recordings you made for this website.
The quality and clarity of the recordings really help make this a great website!

7 Likes

Dear Haruna,

I am half-Japanese and in my 30’s, and because of the audio you so selflessly recorded I feel like I might finally get the hang of this language. You’ve helped ease a difficult year for me, and many others.

Thank you!

David

7 Likes

Thank you everybody! All of your messages are great and include your own unique point of view about studying the language. I can assure you all that Haruna will treasure each of your messages, and re-read them many times!

I’ll try get a photo of the card before I give it to her! :blush:
(Deadline for new messages will be the 30th, midday Tokyo time, as I’ll have to do some editing and print everything out in time for New Year!)

Thanks again, you are all amazing and this is one of the reasons we chose to do the recording in the first place, because Bunpro has such an awesome community!

8 Likes

Dear Haruna,

Thank you so much for recoding and spending probably ridiculous amount of time to make the audio files. I have no idea how Asher convinced you to do this. It has really elevated Bunpro and made using this website a much better experience. 本当にありがとうございます。

新年あけましておめでとうございます。

Aleks / ZerohBeat

7 Likes

よし、チャンスだぞ。一年間以上から訓練していた。行くぞ!

親愛のはるなに。
ありがとうございます。2020は疲れ様でした。

5 Likes

はるなさん

録音してくれてありがとうございました。最近、N3の文法を勉強し始めました。それで、はるなさんの録音は本当に助けてくれました。私は発音を上手になっていると思いますよ。

あけましておめでとうございます。

7 Likes

「発音が何だっけ?まぁ、また忘れちゃった… え?録音があるみたい。助かった!」そういうことがよくあります。ハルナ先生のおかげで文プロを使いながら文章の流れがよく感じます。先生がそばにいて手伝ってくれるという感じです。

ありがとうございます!

7 Likes

Dear Haruna,

thank you very much, for spending much of your time to improve this website and learning experience. Your recordings make my learning sessions feel much more natural and add tons of value to them.

I wish you an amazing year 2021 and that you will achieve all the goals you set for yourself!

Micha

6 Likes

はるなさんへ

今年もありがとございます! 初めてはるなさんの声を聞いたのは、びっくりしました。
「へ?なんでこんなに綺麗な声が流れているの?」と思いました。前の声に比べて、ずっと聴きやすくて、勉強に役に立てる声ですよ。

はるなさんのおかげで、発音や聴力うまくなってきました。どこまでか助けてくれたのか、言葉だけで伝え難いですね。しかし、自信満々に言えるのははるなさんに感謝します。

ありがとうございます。
ー文プロのダル

Side note, I hope my Japanese doesn’t butcher her eyes. If anyone has a correction before this gets sent to Haruna, let me know and I’ll fix it asap.

7 Likes

There are a few tiny gramatical errors, but it is very easy to understand! I think you should leave it how it is, the small mistakes are endearing😊

7 Likes

Dear Haruna,

Happy New Year! Thank you so much for taking the time to read and pronounce hundreds of sentences just to help a couple Japanese students. You really made a difference in my studies, and I’m sure I can speak for everyone when I say that we’re all deeply grateful.

はるなさんの努力に応え、日本語の勉強を頑張るという決意を新たにしました。心から感謝してます。

5 Likes