Reviews 2.0 Released!

It just marks it wrong for you so that you don’t need to input a fake answer, and progress faster. In terms of how it alters your progress for that point, it’s the same as getting it wrong.

A lot of people usually just input あああ or something similar when they don’t remember the answer. After looking at the data, we didn’t consider this to be a common enough interaction to warrant a button (like you see for Undo, or See Info) so it’s slightly more hidden on purpose. Our intention is for you to run into it when you need it, to avoid clutter or over-explaining.

As for the clickable looking text, I think it’s a very valid assumption to think that as it’s using our accent color. We’ll change it to something that doesn’t look clickable, because it’s not.

Hope this clears that up, I’ll see that it gets changed. Thanks for your feedback!

5 Likes

:bunprogold: プチ Reviews 2.0 Update #5

:hammer_and_wrench: Fixes

• Fix question not submitting when IDK feature is activated but wait-time has elapsed
  • Make the Hint Settings dropdown arrow in the Quiz Settings menudropdown clickable
  • Remove and polyfill implementation of Array.at method
    • Was creating issues for some users on older browsers
  • Update the text inside the “Mark as wrong” popup-tooltip to be clearer

2 Likes

Looks like backend doesn’t really check how many times an update for a review was sent. @veritas_nz probably you need to check if review is updated after next_review time, and if next_review time didn’t happen yet, don’t update a review item.

If I accidentally close my browser during a review session and then open it again, I see the same reviews I already answered. If I answer them again, it bumps their SRS level again. Just a half an hour ago I bumped two ghosts from SRS3 to SRS4, now I answered them once again after reopening my browser. UI shows like I bumped them from SRS3 to SRS4 again, but this response from Bunpro suggests I actually slayed them:
So there should be added some sanity check I guess.

And this is how it looks like in the session summary.
The same vocab appeared twice.
And the second sentence didn’t appeared in my session, I actually answered the first one twice.

1 Like

Does this happen only with Ghost Reviews?

The flow for a **correct**-answer and then accidental-close should for that should be:
  1. Load Reviews with new session_id
  2. Answer question right – submit to server – SRS level raised
  3. (Accidentally) close page, reopen
  4. Correctly answered question should not reappear
The flow for an **incorrect**-answer and then accidental-close should for that should be:
  1. Load Reviews with new session_id
  2. Answer question wrong – submit to server – SRS level dropped
  3. (Accidentally) close page, reopen
  4. Incorrectly answered question should reappear, but should have was_correct set to false
  5. Marking this correct will incorrectly visually say that your SRS has been raised (a bug we’re aiming to fix shortly), but BTS it should properly remain at the dropped level

Not exactly sure I understand the issue, as I’m not able to replicate it!

Any further info would be much appreciated :bowing_man:

1 Like

You’re thinking about another known issue, but this isn’t that one.

One important point that browser will open the /reviews page completely from the cache without making any new network requests. As it was loaded before. So correctly answered questions would actually reappear because the page was loaded from cache as it was loaded from the server before the browser was closed.
If I would hit Ctrl+F5 correctly answered questions would indeed disappear, but I’m not sure all Bunpro users are so tech-savvy to make sure they purged their cache.

That happens because /reviews page always have the same ETag, so browser may show the page from the user’s cache. Your Cache-Control header suggests that browser must revalidate the page, but ETag happens to be the same. So browser just shows the page from cache. And all API requests are loaded from cache as well but without revalidating them. So all reviews reappears, because /api/frontend/reviews is loaded from cache too.
And if I answer the same review again, its SRS level bumps twice.

You could fix the issue by adding no-store directive to Cache-Control header on the api/frontend/reviews endpoint and removing ETag from there to make sure browser will never cache this API call, but it’d be nice also to add a sanity check to the /api/frontend/.../update endpoint. If user sends an update for a review before next_review time, then it’s obviously a cache issue. Just don’t update review in this case and return current review data.

1 Like

:bunprogold: プチ Reviews 2.0 Update #6

:sparkles: Summary ‘loading’ feature update

This update basically just makes the Summary page load prettier.
No more is there just a big booty loading-spinner below the title.

• Stop caching and displaying results from previous session (no longer displays previous results)
    • This also means the Summary page doesn’t automatically reload every 60 seconds / on alt-tab
  • Display a “And the results are in…” message while the encouragement-message is being loaded
  • Add skellington sentence list items while the actual sentences are being loaded
Screenshots

Loading before:

Loading now:

On loading finish:

Thanks to @bunnypro for all these suggestions!

:memo: Fix To-do List

• Ensure /api/frontend/reviews route is never cached
4 Likes

Great, thanks for making the changes! :smiley:

2 Likes

Japanese sentences lack line breaks and gray name highlight on session summary screen.
English translations have them.

1 Like

:bunprogold: プチ Reviews 2.0 Update #7

:sparkles: Features

• New Synonyms system
    • Switched to a new design of the Vocab Synonyms component
    • Ignore the fact the buttons are stretched – this will be remediated in an update coming out shortly
    • Should hopefully feel more logical now – give it a whirl!

• Persist Audio-player’s Use Slow Playback setting across sessions
  • Fixed Japanese sentences lack line breaks and gray name highlight on Summary
3 Likes

If last review item in review is an early incorrectly answered vocab without example sentences (that requires to enter an English translation) and I enter an incorrect answer again, pressing Enter does nothing, just a short blink. I can’t submit an incorrect answer, only erase it by pressing Backspace.

1 Like

Should be fixed!

Please let me know if this bug shows up again and thanks for the feedback! :bowing_man:

2 Likes

Thank you!

One more minor issue: “Connection Error” dialog box could be closed by clicking outside of it, so unsubmitted review won’t be submitted at all. I guess this dialog box wasn’t meant to be closeable.

1 Like

A wrong example sentences is shown in the last session summary for a newly added vocab.
Session ID 2790299.

Updated
@veritas_nz All my vocab reviews for recently added vocabs in Cloze mode are shifted by one. When I review vocab item, I see example sentence number i, but in the session summary it’s always sentence number i+1.
Earning XP for these vocabs also broken. I did reviews the second time and get 1 XP for each of them again instead of 2 XP.

1 Like

One more minor issue: “Connection Error” dialog box could be closed by clicking outside of it, so unsubmitted review won’t be submitted at all. I guess this dialog box wasn’t meant to be closeable.

I could make it so that the user isn’t able to close the modal, but this would mean that if there is a review that is unable to be updated (i.e. if it’s bugged for whatever reason) this would mean that the user could not progress to another question

A wrong example sentences is shown in the last session summary for a newly added vocab

I believe it wasn’t just Vocab!
Should be fixed now though.

Earning XP for these vocabs also broken

Is this error still occuring? We were aware of the Summary page sentence bug, but the XP bug shouldn’t be happening!

1 Like

Thank you for the fix!

Yes, now it works as expected. I earned 2 XP after reviewing a vocab the second time.

Yeah, this makes sense. Maybe it could be nice to add a X button to close it instead of clicking on the backdrop? Because it’s kinda easy to close it accidentally.

1 Like

:bunprogold: プチ Reviews 2.0 Update #8

:sparkles: Features

• Added support for the new color duotone accents in the settings menu
  • Merge the old ‘Browser Sync’ setting into the Light/Dark mode settings menu – it is now called 'Device Sync

• More Synonyms fixes
    • Hide Add Synonym button if input is already there
    • Don’t count empty input in the duplicate-alert logic
    • @bunnypro
  • Fix the ‘Back to Top’ button wherever the GP/VP is displayed
3 Likes

Closed!

If you have any more bugs to mention regarding this release, please post them to this topic :bowing_man:

2 Likes