訓:そっする、おえる、おわる、ついに、にわか
音:そつ、しゅつ
英:graduate, soldier, private, die

書き順

楷書

行書

草書

メモ
A day late, but my school had its graduation ceremony yesterday, so this one seemed appropriate.

8 Likes

2024年3月12日(火)

訓:うるう
音:じゅん
英:intercalation, illegitimate throne

書き順

楷書

行書

草書

メモ
OK so I decided to do this one today because I was talking to a colleague the other day about leap years and he told me what it was in Japanese (閏年うるうどし) and I had no idea… Well, to be fair I probably learned it four years ago and forgot, but anyway, it’s a beautiful character and I also don’t do enough of 門構え.

7 Likes

Its a ぬ

3 Likes

Yes, sorry. め is 女 and ぬ is 奴. Well-spotted!

3 Likes

2024年3月13日(水)

訓:こころ、-ごころ
音:しん
英:heart, mind, spirit

書き順

楷書

行書

草書

メモ
I decided to spend a long time on this one today. Have a look: Daily Stroke Order Practice - #146 by matt_in_mito

5 Likes

2024年3月14日(木)

訓:おも.う、おもえら.く、おぼ.す
音:し
英:think

書き順

楷書

行書

草書

メモ
The continuation of yesterday’s discussion: Daily Stroke Order Practice - #148 by matt_in_mito

6 Likes

2024年3月15日(金)

音:さい
英:genius, years old, cubic shaku

書き順

楷書

行書

草書

メモ
I decided to go for a simple one for today, but weirdly, the 草書 version seems more complicated than the others…

5 Likes

2024年3月16日(土)

音:かい
英:kidnap, falsify

書き順

楷書

行書

草書

メモ
I was looking through my book today and this one jumped out at me for some reason. No idea why…

6 Likes

2024年3月17日(日)

訓:やみ、くら.い
音:あん、おん
英:get dark, gloom, disorder

書き順

楷書

行書

草書

メモ
Well, it’s 12:40, which officially makes it Sunday, so I thought I’d get on early with today’s character. The reason I chose this one is that I’ve been out with friends tonight (not drinking this time!) and i thought, ‘wow, I don’t usually stay out this late… it’s pretty dark isn’t it?’ and so that’s how you ended up with this character for today. Goodnight!

7 Likes

2024年3月18日(月)

訓:や、や.つ、やっ.つ、よう
音:はち、はつ
英:eight

書き順

楷書

行書

草書

メモ
I drew this on another thread the other day and didn’t get the 楷書 version right, so I decided to put that right today.

7 Likes

I thought the second stroke was supposed to be a bit higher up than the second. Good work today!

1 Like

2024年3月19日(火)

訓:あかね、あつ.まる、あつ.める
音:しゅう
英:gather

書き順

楷書

行書

草書

メモ
OK, so here’s one you don’t see very often! A very interesting character that is hardly used these days.

6 Likes

2024年3月20日(水)

訓:はる
音:しゅん
英:springtime, spring (season)

書き順

楷書

行書

草書

メモ
Well, this was obviously going to be the character for today. It’s the spring equinox and we all get a day off work. It always feels like a relief at this time of year since the weather starts warming up and the various blossoms start to come out. Trust me… I won’t be saying this in two or three months…

7 Likes

2024年3月21日(木)

訓:え
音:こう
英:creek, inlet, bay

書き順

楷書

行書

草書

メモ
I saw this character in someone’s name today and thought I’d give it a go.

6 Likes

The water dragon:

6 Likes

2024年3月22日(金)

訓:きめ.る、-ぎ.め、き.まる、さ.く
音:けつ
英:decide, fix, agree upon, appoint

書き順

楷書

行書

草書

メモ
OK, so various things were decided today, which made me go for this one, but I really messed up the 草書 version!

6 Likes

I hope all were good decisions!

The 草書 version looks nice, balanced and dynamic. It is a two-stroke character in 草書 down from the 7 strokes 楷書 one, right? The only thing that looks suspicious is the ink dot and the bottom of the page. :thinking:

2 Likes

2024年3月23日(土)

訓:ほうむ.る
音:そう
英:interment, bury, shelve

書き順

楷書

行書

草書

メモ
A bit of a morbid one today, but I just got back home from a funeral, so I thought this one was strangely appropriate. I couldn’t quite get the 楷書 version balanced right…

7 Likes

2024年3月24日(日)

訓:くるま
音:しゃ
英:car

書き順

楷書

行書

草書

メモ
OK so I’m posting literally at midnight, so I’m maybe 1 minute late, but here’s a car. I went for a drive toady. Goodnight!

4 Likes

2024年3月25日(月)

訓:あめ、あま-、-さめ
音:う
英:rain

書き順

楷書

行書

草書

メモ
I’m sure I don’t have to tell you the reason that I’m fed up today…

6 Likes