Updated: Bunpro Vocab Cram Feature Request Thread

Edit: This thread is now for support of bumping the priority of both a cram feature and support for ghosts. If you feel like you would benefit from the two aforementioned features, then please drop a reply below to hopefully twist the arms of the developers to move it up in priority (schedule and workload dependent).

I’ve left up the initial question for visibility below to add context. Thanks!

Hello

Firstly I am incredibly sorry if this question has been asked a 1000 times before, however I am really struggling to see how I can do “Extra Practice” or a “Cram” session of all my currently learned vocab - including those that have been synced from WK into BP.

I really don’t want to have to make an Anki Card script from the BP API using all of the learned vocab and determine the SRS intervals based on it’s current SRS stage - it’s time consuming and frustrating as it should be a readily available feature.

Once again, my sincerest apologies if this is a feature and I simply can’t see it / find it.

20 Likes

Unfortunately Vocab is not available in Cram at all yet :disappointed:

If we get enough community interest, we could potentially move our priorities to getting Vocab with Cram a little bit sooner.

17 Likes

Hey Veritas, firstly thank you for replying directly. It is great to be able to have a direct line of communication with the creators of BunPro.

That is a shame indeed.

Is this a feature that is open source that one could contribute to?

I believe bringing forward the priority for a cram / extra practice feature for the vocabulary makes sense considering that it is currently a feature for grammar studies, and ideally I want to keep all Vocab (non Kanji specific) + Grammar revision under one roof without having to have 3 different SRS systems going on at once.

Hopefully the community would agree that this is requested feature and would be a huge boost to QoL.

9 Likes

I Second That Motion. :raised_hand:t2:

10 Likes

Me too

8 Likes

is interested

6 Likes

I’m interested!

5 Likes

I would be great to further study vocabulary. I want to cut down on the amount of different sites and programs I use.

6 Likes

It looks like we’re starting to gain some traction on this thread with support for moving the priority up on the extra study / cram feature.

Is this a feature that has been in current development or it awaiting active development?

Thanks all for the replies to the thread and if you’re interested / would benefit further from this being brought forward please reply below!

6 Likes

Just wanted to pop a little bump on this since it’s been a few weeks since. Would really appreciate this feature particularly since I’ve moved all my vocab learning from Anki to BunPro and I’ve gotta go back to Anki decks which are now out of sync with my SRS stages just to get some extra practice in.

5 Likes

I’d love this! I’m using bunpro because it is highly regarded by my peers and it’s easier to focus on my studies when I have less tools to juggle.

7 Likes

I’d love to be able to also cram vocab alongside grammar cramming. I like having them mixed in my regular spaced reviews, so being able to cram in a similar fashion would be fabulous.

6 Likes

As a part of the community, I am VERY interested. I would much rather use Bunpro Cram feature for my vocab rather than my jank Anki deck. Please make this happen <3

7 Likes

Big fan of Bunpro’s cram feature as well, so it would be awesome to have vocab as an option!

5 Likes

賛成します!

3 Likes

Cram feature for vocab and ghosts as well would be nice

6 Likes

I would additionally be in favour of a special RPG game called Luigi’s Cramsion, where you have to go around a haunted mansion and cram as many ghosts as you can (into a vacuum cleaner using the power of suction) :ghost:

This post was brought to you courtesy of Hallowe’en being in 1 week’s time :wink:

11 Likes

I don’t know about cram feature because I am new on this app, but ghosts features for vocab would be realy nice and helpful :+1:(i have a bad long term memory and the same concentration capacity than a butterfly)

4 Likes

Just unburying this as JLPT is next weekend and a cram feature for Vocab would’ve been extremely useful to get some last minute practice in.

Here’s hoping it will be a feature in 2024 and before the July JLPT

6 Likes

vocab cram would be a game changer.

2 Likes