V(つ)→ たせられる たされる
V(ぶ)→ ばせられる ばされる
V(む)→ ませられる まされる
V(ぐ)→ がせられる がされる

:warning:Irregular Verbs :warning:

する→ !させられる
くる→ !こさせられる

Explanation
Causative passive is used when someone is unwilling, but is still made to do something. The construction does not have “let do” meaning.
The causative-passive short forms(column 4) are used more often than longer forms(column 3).
Ichidan verbs(る verbs), godan verbs ending with(う verbs with す ending) す and irregular verbs する、くる do not have short forms. Godan verbs ending with る(う verbs ending with る) have the short form.

View on Bunpro

Hi! I’m a little confused as to the conjugation of one of the sentences.

お金出せば、全部払わさせれるよ。

Unless I’m mistaken, shouldn’t the sentence be:

お金出せば、全部払わせられるよ。
OR
お金出せば、全部払わされるよ。

Thank you!

1 Like

Great find! It has been fixed! :+1:

Thank you! :bowing_man:

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

Hello,
Why is this marked as wrong?

1 Like

Hey! :bowing_man:

It is proper Japanese, it should be working now :+1:

1 Like

Kinda feel this sentence should be in the ‘causative-passive’ category and not ‘causative’ based on the translation. Does this agree?

凄い嫌と言っているが、このパーティーにこさせられた。

For what I understand using causative here makes this spoken from OUR perspective. Whereas, causative-passive would be from HIS perspective. So either could be used depending on what perspective you want to speak from.

1 Like

Isn’t there (still?) a さ too much in there?

This is more a personal opinion, but since Genki teaches the short version as the “more common” version, I’d prefer if that answer was accepted °-°/

2 Likes

Fixed! :bowing_man:

This is more a personal opinion, but since Genki teaches the short version as the “more common” version, I’d prefer if that answer was accepted °-°/

You are right! I will make it so!
ーーー
Edit:
All sentences checked, shorter causative-passive forms are accepted everywhere now :slight_smile:

3 Likes