Feedback - Bug Reports

Is there any timeline to fix the modal popup?

Still is a loading loop.

For example this lesson, clicking on:

• こと

All of them bring up the modal and permanent loading.
In the console, this is all I get:

And reloading the page does NOT fix the problem, before anyone mentions.

I wish I could at least open the grammar point in a new tab to bypass the modal, but the only way is to look for the grammar point manually…

Fixed! Thank you for the detailed bug report it really helped pinpoint the issue.

1 Like

Finally, the loading modal loop seems to be gone!

wowexternal-content.duckduckgo.com

Thanks.

Edit: Also thanks for putting the Level and lesson the grammar is in the modal. It really helps.

1 Like

The audio player’s pause function is not working correctly. When i pause then resume, the first audio example starts playing, no matter which audio was being played when I paused.
Here’s a recording https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FLUGlkvQzXquU_A6kD4CMcH-LPq66833/view?usp=sharing
Edit - Oh I tried it on Firefox and Chrome, it is bugged in both for me.

Not sure if it’s a bug but I want my badge! :slight_smile:
streak

1 Like

Someone brought up that the footer on the main site has a News link to a thread that was last updated in September 2020. This gave them the impression that bunpro was probably abandoned.
I’ve seen many updates through emails and in the pulldown in the top right on the main site. I think they expect to see the same kind of updated links in the footer.

My feedback via the main site’s been sitting for a month, so I’m still uncertain of where the proper place to report outdated or broken links is. If this is still the wrong place, please let me know!

One more comment incoming.

2 Likes

みたい’s resources page has a link JLPT N3 VS文法#2 「らしい」 「みたい」 「そうだ」 attributed to “日本語の森 [video]” that leads to

Video unavailable
This video is private

ないで’s resources page has a link 「なくて」「ないで」 attributed to “日本語の森” that is also unavailable because it’s private.

It’s a bit of a leap with only two examples, but because both resources are attributed to 日本語の森, I expect any resources attributed to 日本語の森 to be unavailable because they’re private.

1 Like

Firefox 95, in the new Vocabulary Info pop-up any words with okurigana are displayed in a weird way.

1 Like

に足る and を以て both fill in the corrected answer with the kanji if the answer is incorrect. All other grammar points (up until those two), if you enter an incorrect answer, fill in the corrected answer with hiragana (which I like), so I’m assuming this is a bug.

1 Like

Changed, cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There are still weird issues with audio player, sometimes everything explodes in a way @curious.jp have posted, becoming a “half-submitted” state.

The error is Uncaught TypeError: $(...).find(...)[0] is undefined.
$(".native-audio").find("audio")[0].play() doesn’t work because the <audio> tag itself have the .native-audio class.
Here’s html:
<div class="row " id="play-audio" style="display:none;"><audio class="native-audio" controls="" controlslist="nodownload"><source src="https://dk3kgylsgq3k1.cloudfront.net/audio/N3/Lesson 2/の間に/Asher Kidd - 長い航海の間に、僕は本物の船乗りになったんだ。.mp3" type="audio/mpeg"></audio></div>

And it’s reproducible for this particular review. (Sorry, forgot to copy the id, but I hope you can find it by the audio link.)

3 Likes

Sry for the bad editing…
Mentioned the grammar point in the screenshot. Think the “Verbs” shouldn’t be there…

2 Likes

I got a similar one just now, sorry if it’s been mentioned, this was on the page for ここ

2 Likes

@nellyneko
Hey and welcome on the community forums! :partying_face:

I have fixed it!

@cherry_k
Hey!
Fixed! :slight_smile:

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m new to Bunpro so hopefully this is the right place for noting minor issues for correction :slightly_smiling_face:.

Within the grammar point for “は As for… (Highlights sentence topic)” there may be a minor typo (an extra は) in the 2nd caution block:

“, when は more than one は is used in a sentence,” maybe should be
“, when more than one は is used in a sentence,”

1 Like

Fixed :slight_smile:
Thanks!

2 Likes

Fisrt time I got a bug in bunpro.

In the lesson

し~し and, giving reasons

this appears in the sentence:

1 Like

@evandcs hank you for the feedback!
I have fixed it!
Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This may not be a bug - I’m new and potentially just misunderstanding the UI.

I have attached three images just in case there is some information to help in any stage of the process. The potential bug is in the first image:

Next Review
1 minute

る-Ver…
Times Correct: 0
Next Review: 33 minutes

The review in the end was not “る-Ver…”. Again, perhaps there is some circumstance I just don’t know about as a new user, but thought I’d report nonetheless.

Edit: I have this again now, so I’m now heavily leaning towards this not being a bug, and instead just my misunderstanding of the UI

This is a minor bug… I had my browser Firefox with the view zoomed in 120% and it messed with some of the spacing.