Feedback - Bug Reports

I keep hitting a bug where the “next” item on “Learn” is actually the same as the previous one.
When it comes to the quiz, it says “Loading” for a while but then thankfully goes straight on to say “Good job!” etc, so it isn’t preventing progress, but still thought I would point it out.

Not sure if it’s just because I’m using Learn 1.0 or it applies to Learn 2.0 too :thinking:

Is it happening for vocab or grammar? Also, does it happen for every single item or just occasionally?

Both grammar and vocab.
It seems to have happened a lot more with vocab, but I’m not sure if that’s just because I’ve been doing vocab a lot more since the new decks were released :laughing:
It’s occasional, maybe around 10% of items or so.
I don’t think I’m doing anything to trigger different behavior, just churning through a lot of vocab and occasionally encountering the repetition.

1 Like

The decks don’t seem to work at all for me. I just get an internal error any time I click on one. I sent in a report, but thought I’d mention it here as well. :slight_smile:

Having the same issue with the vocab decks but I realise they’re new so teething problems!

Indeed Vocab is not supported by Reviews 2.0 yet!
When it gets added (within the next week or two) will be posted on the Reviews 2.0 post.

You shouldn’t be seeing that bug at all though (you should be taken to an empty Summary page), so I’ll have to investigate.
Coincidentally you found a text-bug on that error page for me as well! I’ve fixed it.

Thanks for the feedback

1 Like

Hi there! “Furigana on Hover” should not be causing any issues.
The Wanikani integration is known to cause issues, so for now I would recommend turning the Furigana setting to “On”, and then manually hiding the ones you know (it will remember these for you).

New lessons working now, stats page still broken but obviously that isn’t as important. Thank you!!

But that’s my problem, the furigana setting is “On”. But sometimes it shows furigana, sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it hides the furigana for kanjis I don’t know, but it shows me the furigana for a kanji I know. Should I remove the Wanikani key?

1 Like

Cram still seems to be rather buggy, e.g. on this session, I just put in 1 listening item to test, marked it as 3/good, but then scored 0% with no items found:

In these kinds of cases, often clicking “Continue Session” seems to leave it in a perpetual “loading” state.

You should be able to set the ones you know/don’t know by toggling the kanji individually (a bit of a painful process, but gives you pretty fine grain control over what you see).

If it’s in “On” mode, the Wanikani stuff shouldn’t be interfering at all.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you got any more Qs :v:

Just to report, this seems to be happening way more often now, about one third of vocab items are repeats of the previous item with an “empty” quiz to follow.

I can’t seem to access my feedback page from the dashboard at all. When I click on it it gives me an internal error message.

I’ve just finished the N3 grammar deck, having added the last few items to my rotation from there. However, when I go to the lessons page, I see that several items are not marked as learning yet:

Clicking on these grammar points also shows them as if they had not been added to my reviews yet, but they do have upcoming reviews. I believe this affects all the words that have been learned but not reviewed yet.

On my tablet when I turn it on the side, the menu can’t be collapsed.

Website not the app. App works fine. The browser was Firefox. Activating the desktop mode gets rid of that problem.

1 Like

Been having the same problem when on Bunpro in landscape mode on my tablet as well (Firefox, FYI).

First, in Deck Settings, the option for ordering items has the same header as the previous option (“Default SRS level for new items”). Guess this is more of a typo than a bug,

Pic

Second, on Cram in the iOS app (which is now Cram 2.0!), none of my unfinished reviews show up. I can access them via browser on all my devices though.

would like to see content based frequency decks (vocab) and a way to import previously acquired/learned vocab into bungpro (and a way to export from bungpro).

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the ruby text for any word involving ヶ is placed above the character(s) following ヶ in the compound word. This is because ヶ and the character(s) preceding it are outside the ruby tag. Manually moving the text inside the ruby tag fixes this issue. This is the case for both the website and the Android app.

Incorrect ruby text:
incorrect_ruby

Corrected ruby text:
correct_ruby

Vocab example:
vocab example

Ruby text for the above example:

1 Like

Just had a strangely buggy review session. Almost every question I saw and answered, it asked again but with some info missing and after attempting to answer the duplicate, it did nothing; no green highlight for right, no red highlight for wrong, no prompt to adjust answer, nothing… Reloading didn’t help at all.

Now, afterwards, it says I have 1 review left, but if I click there to go to review, it just sits at “Loading reviews!” forever…

e: count is up to 3, but still sticks at “Loading reviews!”

e2: just noticed when it’s stuck on “Loading reviews!” I have a JS error in Chrome’s console:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘japanese’)

It’s as if there are 2 broken reviews in my list and they cause weird errors every time they appear.

1 Like