Feedback - Bug Reports

Hello there.

I just started using Bunpro yesterday and since then I have been observing some interesting behaviour that might be related to a bug. I’ll be describing here the whole event (I hope I’m using the correct method and media, if not, please let me know!). As the forum didn’t allow me to post more that 4 pictures per post, I’ll devide my experience in 2 posts here.

Part 1

1. Upon clicking the “Deck” menu option on the general black menu-bar, I’m rightfully redirected to the ‘Bunpro Decks list window’. Here I can verify that the amount of lessons I’ve learned match the correspondent number within the deck card itself (marked in blue in the picture).
    BunproDeckCard

2. Upon clicking on the “Deck Card” I’m also rightfully redirected to the ‘Deck Grammar List’ that also displays the correct amount of studied grammar.

3. When I access the menu “Content > Lessons”, I’m redirected to the general “Lessons’ Page” and in the page I noticed that only the first three lessons have the “red Bunpro stamp” on it (like been displayed in the picture below)

As one can see, I dind indeed studied more than just those three itens, some of them I even included annotations.

1 Like

Part 2

1. When I click on “Lessons” on the top black menu bar, I’m redirected to the lessons cards/view but here instead of starting on the 16th element of the list (as I already did the first 15), it starts on the 4th element of the list.

2. In this case if I continue with the “Lessons” and finished it, a sidebar pops on the left asking me if I want to get quized.

3. If I accept it, no quiz window/view is displayed instead the “Good Job” card pops up on the same spot and asks me if I wish to continue, if I say yes, the sidebar pops back in (hides itself) and the page displayed on point 4 is displayed (like nothing has ever hapenned.

I wish I have made myself clear enough for the dev team. Thank you in advance for the work!

1 Like

Hi there! Welcome to the forums :cowboy_hat_face:

How you’ve posted is indeed the correct method for bringing up a bug. Thanks for all the detailed info!

There seems to be a discrepancy between what the Decks system sees and what the Lessons system sees in terms of Review progress. You’re not the only user who has this issue, and I’ve created a card internally to tackle this issue.

In the meantime, you can use the default Learn system (no main deck), or manually select grammar points on the /grammar_points/ page to learn.

I’ll ping you once this has been fixed, and DM you if I need any further information :+1:

@melisma and @ThisIsntTheWay , thanks for the replies! I’ll keep working at it and see if I can figure out what’s happening.

1 Like

There is a problem with syncing vocabulary for the N3, N2, and N1 decks. I was previously able to sync the N5 and N4 decks when they were first released but it just isn’t working for the newer decks. When the click the sync with wanikani button it the throbber is displayed but it never finishes, no matter how long I wait.

Also it says I’m level 91 on here, but I’m actually level 100.

I’ve been having the issue with WaniKani sync as well. I’ve attempted to follow the steps here: Wanikani furigana seems broken - #15 by Thalanor, but I have no “vocab” key in local storage (no keys at all, in fact), across both Firefox and Chrome.

Additionally, when I watch the network tab after clicking “Sync Wanikani Vocab” I see a request go to user_sync_wanikani_vocab, which eventually returns a 503.

1 Like

broken vocabulary stopping me from progressing in reviews.

I:ve been having issues with certain vocabulary in reviews that stop me from progressing and making me restart the review process. on mobile they crash immediately after answering them. the three reviews I notice that are crashing through trial and error are 3 that I readded to my studying:
以下、以上、以外。 I do not know if it’s anything in particular with these three, but any time they appear they copy the last vision of review with no description and any answer I enter it repeatedly says “please use hiragana or katakana” but refuses to let me pass unless I reload the page. I managed to figure out it is these 3 vocab words via the app, and they crashed after each answer.

I am having the same issue with vocab reviews crashing on a computer and asking for the katakana or hirgana input. I’m not sure if it is word specific but it is not any of these words that have caused crashes

Did you maybe add an old word that you had level 12? as those are the words that were crashing for me, specifically the ones I revived. I found deleting them review fixed it temporarily.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try that. I did remove some words and perhaps the issue started after that. Several words are now casuing the crashes 散らかる and 整理 were two of them. The vocab causing crashes do seem to be ones that I have added in the last week.

1 Like

When doing the 10 vocab reviews available, I got half-way, through the first 5 of them, then it got stuck on “Processing last review and redirecting to summary…”:

When I go back to the home page, it displays all “10” reviews are available again.
Trying the reviews again, they are all resurrected and it’s like starting over.
However, this time, it works as normal and I can get through all 10.
So no biggie, but obviously hope to avoid this happening frequently.

Badge wasn’t awarded for 70K XP

Thank you for reporting this. I believe the latest build should now fix this issue.

@LordGrac @Rukifellth @Laurakate123 This should now be fixed. Please let me know if you continue experiencing this issue or not.

@Yash You should have that badge now. I have also updated the code to prevent this edge case in the future.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue as @LordGrac, and I am still unable to sync wanikani vocabulary.

Has anyone else had difficulty loading the feedback form with vocabulary reviews?

While working on this review,

I was unsure whether the cloze should be dropping the 長音符 before を here, as it requires it to be part of the answer (which is, well, fair enough). But when I try and load the report button, I get a blank modal:

<div class="modal new-style-container fade z-10000 in" id="feedbackForm" tabindex="-1" role="dialog" aria-label="feedback form" style="z-index: 1040; display: block;">
  <div class="modal-dialog modal-dialog-centered modal-md" role="document">
    <div class="modal-content">

</div>
  </div>
</div>

The reason seems to be that posting to
https://bunpro.jp/get_feedback_form?source=study_question&grammar_point_id=null&study_question_id=17319 is throwing a 500 (guess - feedback did not anticipate vocab reviews and requires grammar_point to be non-null?) I can also provide a saved HAR of the request, but I’d rather not paste it here as I think that has my login cookie in it as well.

2 Likes

Forgot to take a screenshot, and the in-app bug report wasn’t working. I was just doing the BP Cloze lesson for “party” and I was unable to write てぃ with the regular hirgana conversion - just writing “ti” actually put in “chi”, and trying to do something like te + i just got me regular te and regular i. I just copy pasted it after getting it “wrong,” but it seems like there should be some way to type characters like that without needing to use a regular kana keyboard, if typing from romanji to kana is supported.

3 Likes

@UshiMo
I think I have found the issue.
It should be working with the next update.

Cheers!

1 Like

Incidentally, you can use “l” instead if you prefer.
So “teli” will also make “てぃ” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Adding an image to notes should be possible or not?? I was excited for a second…
If not why i can add a image when editing? (genuine question, not passive agressive)

1 Like

I’m still experiencing this same issue, with a clean cache.